RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   Which truck do you recomend that is good in all aspects such as durability, racing, and speed? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/1821827-truck-do-you-recomend-good-all-aspects-such-durability-racing-speed.html)

Duff_Beer_12oz 05-17-2004 12:05 PM

Which truck do you recomend that is good in all aspects such as durability, racing, and speed?

I'm thinking about getting one of these but I don't know which one. I would like a second opinion. I am leaning twards the Genesis.

Duff_Beer_12oz 05-17-2004 12:16 PM

RE: Which truck do you recomend that is good in all aspects such as durability, racing, and speed?

I know some of these havn't come out yet so just go by what you think they will do.

speed lives 05-17-2004 12:49 PM

RE: Which truck do you recomend that is good in all aspects such as durability, racing, and speed?

Genesis: Well im not even interested in that truck.. Its to heavy and to big, and a gas hog.. And im guessing it will suck for jumping and bashing.

LST: Looks to me like its gonna be the best truck ever made.. I'm buying one once they come out.

Savage: I got this truck right now and i love it, Its definatly the nicest truck on the market in my opinion.. Its so durable its not even funny. I lauch it off 13ft jumps get about 20-25ft high and ive landed on the nose and upside down and can't brake it. Well i broke it a few times but they were minor parts.

Revo: I would never buy a product from traxxas.. Most likly it will be all speed but nothing to back it up and will always brake.. But it will probly be a awsome racer, will suck for bashing.

Duff_Beer_12oz 05-17-2004 01:19 PM

The genesis travels over 50mph. That's more than enough to launch it. It's made mostly of hardened steel and that would be pretty diffcult to break.
I understand your thoughts about the revo. I'm not real big on traxxas myself.
The LST isn't going to be very fast. It's engine dosen't seem big enough for that size of a truck and will probably get it up to 35-40 and that it.
The savage would be my second choice. If i hop it up enough i might be able to get it up to 50. That would be awsome with all it's durability.
The reason i'm leaning twards the Genesis is because it already is fast, pretty durable from the sound of it, and also sounds like it will have good handling. I could get the 4 wheel steering option and then it will have excellent steering. Because it comes with all these standard features there will be less work to improve it.

speed lives 05-17-2004 01:22 PM

The LST was clocked at 44 mph stock.. Its not much bigger then the savage and it has a .26 engine.

What do you plan on using your truck for?

Duff_Beer_12oz 05-17-2004 01:23 PM

everything

speed lives 05-17-2004 01:31 PM

Well Savage is the best for bashing and off road. The only thing its not the best for is racing, but it can still be made into a decent racer if you plan on spending alot of money. So pretty much if u plan on doing everything acept racing get the savage.. Drop a Sirio 27 in it and it will blow right by the gennises.

And the LST looks like its gonna be a good all around racer and basher.

Have you looked into the mammoth yet? You seem to like speed, It goes 52 mph stock and is probly the second most durable truck beside the savage.. Good basher and good racer.

I don't think u can go wrong with either the Savage, Mammoth, LST.. There awsome trucks, just depends on what you want to do with them.

Mxracer45 05-17-2004 01:34 PM

Very nicely put gordan.

Duff_Beer_12oz 05-17-2004 01:59 PM

Thats just the thing

Drop a Sirio 27 in it and it will blow right by the gennises.
I don't have the kind of mony to get a truck and engine. The genesis already is hoped up. Less spending same speed. I'm wondering although, do you have a sirio 27 in your savage 25? How fast does it go? I'm sure that if it does go faster than the genesis then i could pull a few strings and go with spending a few extra bucks.

speed lives 05-17-2004 02:30 PM

I dont got a sirio, but i know someone on these forums who does.. Vizaracer give him a pm about the engine and im sure hed be happy to let u know about it. But i garentee the sirio will go faster then the gennises.. And if u dont got that kind of money put a picco 26 in it.. It will go about 50 and its 100$ less then a sirio.

The gennises is so hard on gas, you'll go through a gallon an hour. If u drive alot.

Duff_Beer_12oz 05-17-2004 02:30 PM

I guess it comes down to the genesis and the savage25.

speed lives 05-17-2004 02:33 PM

Savage 25 no doubts, its like 150$ dollers cheeper, u can almost buy a picco 26 with that extra money.

My predictions are, that a gennises is only gonna be good for rolling around on the streets showing off its power, climbing hills and stuff.. Not gonna be a good racer or a basher.

Mxracer45 05-17-2004 02:49 PM

No with a sirio to make the savage go 50+ will be hard. Stock savage plus sirio wont go too much faster than stock i believe. Its all about the gearing. You must change the gearing too speed ( wich will still have plenty of torque becuz of the engine you replaced with stock).

ehhhhhh 05-18-2004 01:20 AM

Well, the revo will be the best racer, the LST will be just the best, and the genesis will be the best basher. I own them all and can assure you of this.

Seriously though, no-one can tell you how anythinng but the savage goes, except for the company reps, and I'm sure a CEN or traxxas rep would recommend the LST.

Duff_Beer_12oz 05-18-2004 10:07 AM

ehhhhhh!! How can you own the LST and the Genesis if they haven't come out yet? And if for some strange reason that you do then do you really think the genesis is more durable than the savage and are there really many hop ups available for the genesis and the LST?

Mxracer45 05-18-2004 10:11 AM

ORIGINAL: ehhhhhh

Well, the revo will be the best racer, the LST will be just the best, and the genesis will be the best basher. I own them all and can assure you of this.

Seriously though, no-one can tell you how anythinng but the savage goes, except for the company reps, and I'm sure a CEN or traxxas rep would recommend the LST.
OMG you little liar. Get out of here if ur just gonna give out false information.

slago 05-18-2004 10:16 AM

ORIGINAL: ehhhhhh

...I own them all and can assure you of this.

Seriously though, ...
You did not read the post very well then, he added "Seriously though" indicating he was kidding. I understood that he was making a point. The point is that NO ONE knows unless they own or regularly use each and every one of these trucks. ...which of course can't happen yet since they are not out yet. I got it.

Mxracer45 05-18-2004 10:18 AM

:eek::eek:LOL forgive my stupidity at times:eek::eek:

Duff_Beer_12oz 05-18-2004 10:26 AM

Actually he could have them since he is in australia. They could have come out in that country.

slago 05-18-2004 10:32 AM

That's OK. Don't beat yourself up over it ;-)

I still like the intention of thread started by Duff_Beer. He asked everyone what they "thought" would be the best of the 4 trucks given. I do agree with "ehhhh" that we should not get off track and carried away with an "I know this for a fact" attitude since this is just a "SWAG" at this point.

Here is my SWAG:

I think the LST will be the truck to beat for bashing and racing. They are NOT mutually exclusive in my mind. I see no reason why they should be.

I think the Genesis is intriguing but I am fearful that it is just two heavy to stand much abuse. 17-18 lbs means that EVERYTHING on the truck has to be able to withstand serious punishment when it lands after a 10 foot jump (or more). My gut tells me that there will be weak links (take your pick, shock towers, steering blocks, etc). This is one I am going to wait before commiting my thoughts and would definitely wait before buying.

REVO - I like the technology. Remember that this is "first version" though and the inboard shocks concern me about smoothness after time. I also don't like all the bad rep that 2.5 little engine has about it.

Savage - I actually have this truck and I like the simplicity and reliability. It's cheap and works well. A good all around performer.

PS. Let me know if anyone needs to know what SWAG means.

Duff_Beer_12oz 05-18-2004 11:39 AM

What dose SWAG mean?

slago 05-18-2004 11:46 AM

ORIGINAL: Duff_Beer_12oz

What dose SWAG mean?
WAG = Wild Ass Guess

SWAG = "Scientific" Wild Ass Guess

Duff_Beer_12oz 05-18-2004 12:09 PM

Ok, Very good SWAG Slago.

powerade 05-18-2004 12:19 PM

Id get the savage or wait for the lst to come out. I ain't likeing the gennises at all. And i wouldn't buy a revo no matter how good it was

Duff_Beer_12oz 05-18-2004 01:54 PM

I agree with the revo but the genesis still sounds like a good truck and it deservs a chance.