RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   XXX Monster Truck (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/1824496-xxx-monster-truck.html)

rcblaze 05-18-2004 06:43 AM

XXX Monster Truck

This is a great DVD for all you guys who want to know what these trucks can do. This is a great way to comparison shop the latest MT's out. The only trucks missing are the one's not out yet. After watching this we are all really lucky to have such great durable products to play with. Most are out the box and it gives a good look at each truck. A good buy if for nothing more then to show some one who has no idea what we do with our RC trucks. Now I need another tuck to play with. Any other opinions?

fourwheeler 05-30-2004 10:36 PM

RE: XXX Monster Truck

Yea the DVD is pretty cool. Thermal turned me on to it and it was pretty awsome!!!

mtmaniac 05-31-2004 11:46 AM

can u get it online somewhere

fourwheeler 06-01-2004 06:11 PM

I got mine here...

http://www.xxxmain.com/

doesgo 06-03-2004 12:28 PM

I thought it was pretty darn good, too! I missed the women that showed up in the XXXMain Squared video, but there was some really good action in it still.

rcblaze 06-03-2004 01:09 PM

Funny you mention that vid. I finally got to see it and from what they showed in the vid. This is gonna hurt but I'm gonna say it. The XXX stuff should be left out of RC IMO. Don't get me wrong I love women like I have a problem or something but b/c of all the kids drawn in and family orientation to this sport I'll take a stand. OK I'm done back to channel XXX. Joking well kinda joking. Anyway that last thing we need is horny youngsters thinking that Hot chicks show up at tracks. I mean they do but usually with a husband.

doesgo 06-03-2004 02:18 PM

You make a good point, bcash!

fourwheeler 06-03-2004 06:14 PM

Hey doesgo...didn't you have some footage in the XXX Monster vid? And if you are who I think you are why haven't you guys come out with a DVD??? I would buy it and I am sure others would...please, pretty please:D

jefx 06-03-2004 07:26 PM

Don't get me wrong I love women like I have a problem or something but b/c of all the kids drawn in and family orientation to this sport I'll take a stand
I've never seen it. Does it have nudity, or adult content or something? Is that why it's called XXX?

doesgo 06-03-2004 07:46 PM

ORIGINAL: fourwheeler

Hey doesgo...didn't you have some footage in the XXX Monster vid? And if you are who I think you are why haven't you guys come out with a DVD??? I would buy it and I am sure others would...please, pretty please:D
Yeah, we sure did! Some of our footage here and there, plus our own "SlapMaFro" section! Pretty cool to see that in there finally. The XXXMain guy contacted us a long time ago for the footage, I was starting to wonder if it'd ever get in!

Why haven't we done a DVD? The biggest sticking point is unlicensed music. My buddy who does the editing finds songs he likes and are appropriate (in his mind, at least!) for the content, but it's unlicensed. That's usually okay if we're not making money off it, but if we try to sell a DVD for profit with someone else's music, that can get pretty hairy. We could try to find a local band to donate some music in trade for the exposure, but that's a lot of work. This is still just a hobby of ours, and it's all we can do to bash, race, repair, and make the videos!

Nobody has been more surprised than us at the popularity of our videos, however. The main slapmafro site page got 1.2 million hits just in the month of May with around 850GB of data transferred! Never thought we'd see that kind of usage.

doesgo 06-03-2004 07:51 PM

ORIGINAL: jefx

Don't get me wrong I love women like I have a problem or something but b/c of all the kids drawn in and family orientation to this sport I'll take a stand
I've never seen it. Does it have nudity, or adult content or something? Is that why it's called XXX?
I think it's called XXXMain to get some attention and to be politically incorrect. I don't know that for a fact, however. As for the nudity, there's none. Just some scantily-clad hot chicks that really do nothing to add to the video but add some visually-pleasing images. :D

fourwheeler 06-04-2004 05:57 PM

The monster truck DVD didn't even have the scantily clad women. I let my nephews watch it and it was ok with my sis.

Doesgo, you have got to come up with some way to get a DVD out there. Heck you guys can play the kazoo can't you?? After seeing the resolution of the vid on the DVD it just made me want to see some of your footage in the raw.

Barring a DVD can you guys make some hi-res vids for us not still stuck on dial up?:)

doesgo 06-06-2004 11:19 PM

We're getting over a million hits and 900GB of data transfer per month already, adding high-res stuff would only add to that and we're pushing the limit already. And all those places that advertise unlimited bandwidth....it's BS. They don't. It's unlimited until you actually try to use more than a couple hundred gigs per month, then they shut you down.

So...I'd love to, and I'll mention it to my SMF buddy, but don't count on it. [:o]

fourwheeler 06-07-2004 07:01 PM

Hey that's all I can ask.

I guess no DVD with you guys on kazoos?????:D