RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   lst's steering servos face downward? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/1828674-lsts-steering-servos-face-downward.html)

methane 05-19-2004 12:36 PM

lst's steering servos face downward?

i was just looking at pics of the lst again and if i'm right, the steering servos face downward and are exposed on the underneath of the chassis.

seems to me that they would get pretty dirty mounted like that

rcblaze 05-19-2004 12:38 PM

RE: lst's steering servos face downward?

A little Dirt doesn't scare me after all we are running in the dirt.

ThermalRD 05-19-2004 12:40 PM

Umm...I dont know how to break it to you, but most trucks, and RC in general are the same way. Considering that most of the time the steering linkage is UNDER the chassis, they pretty much have no choice. The savage, maxx, and many others are this same way. The truggies, and buggies, and other FLAT pan chassis are pretty much the only RC's where the steering servo is facing up, or on its side on the chassis.

Matt

ORIGINAL: methane

i was just looking at pics of the lst again and if i'm right, the steering servos face downward and are exposed on the underneath of the chassis.

seems to me that they would get pretty dirty mounted like that

speed lives 05-19-2004 12:45 PM

Yea what ThermalRD said..

But anyways sense were on the topic sorta.. Dam the LST is gonna take alot of juice, 4 high powered servos and a reciever to power.. Compared to my savages 1 high power and 1 low power servos, and i can only get like 7 tanks on a 1200 MAH. Where does the LST batterys go?

ThermalRD 05-19-2004 12:56 PM

Yeah, i am slightly worried about the battery myself. Maybe it wont be soo bad. 2 servos at roughly 100 oz, in comparison to 1 200 oz servo. I dont know yet though. Im still nervous about it, but we'll see. Oh, and as for the battery box, i believe it can be seen in this picture at the bottom of the chassis, look directly to the left of the header. That little black box appears to be long enough for the 5 cell nimh pack. And yes, i already know it uses a flat 5 cell pack, i've been obsessively talking to Losi about the truck for quite some time.

http://www.teamlosi.com/kits/pics/LS...om_chassis.jpg

ORIGINAL: Gordon69

Yea what ThermalRD said..

But anyways sense were on the topic sorta.. Dam the LST is gonna take alot of juice, 4 high powered servos and a reciever to power.. Compared to my savages 1 high power and 1 low power servos, and i can only get like 7 tanks on a 1200 MAH. Where does the LST batterys go?

ThermalRD 05-19-2004 01:14 PM

Check it out. I found a pic on Horizon Hobby that was a little dark, so i photo chopped it. I took the brightness up, and then adjusted the contrast so you can see the box a bit better. Im fairly certain this is the battery box.

http://images.snapfish.com/33%3A7%3B...354%3A35ot1lsi

Matt

ThermalRD 05-19-2004 01:16 PM

And if you look at this top view you can see a wire running the length of the chassis from the radio box to that area as well. So i think im right. Mildly obsessed, but right! lol

http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/Prod...010-14-450.jpg

Tweedybird 05-19-2004 08:16 PM

and the wait goes on and on..

pre-ordred the LST. wish it would get shipped already, I want to play! :)

Tweedy

fourwheeler 05-19-2004 09:22 PM

Thermal dude you have got it bad!!!:D

ThermalRD 05-19-2004 09:31 PM

I cant help it man. I had decided i was NOT gonna spend soo much money this year on these MT's. Well, i can forget that, i am completely addicted. Im more excited now than ever. By the way, May is almost over!!!! lol. June is LST time!!!

Matt

ORIGINAL: fourwheeler

Thermal dude you have got it bad!!!:D

speed lives 05-19-2004 10:59 PM

Ahh this hobby sucks lol.. I wish i never got into it, Its just like all your money goes to it.. Your like ok im just gonna buy this and my trucks done and im not buying nothing but gas.. Next day your building up your wish list at towers and gotta buy it all lol.

I dunno what i want, Either get the LST or instead of buying that put my money towards duplicating the G9 savage lol. Or maybe ill get me a Mad Force RCX edition. But that mammoth looks good too. Well screw the Mad Force and Mammoth.. Either G9 or LST ahh i can't make my mind up. Sry im way off topic lol.

Tweedybird 05-20-2004 08:40 AM

LOL I was just at that point of frustration a few weeks ago,
was looking at the mammoth first, and the mad force, then the TNX.
all along keeping my eye on all the Cen Gen, LST, and Revo reviews.
I couldn't make up my mind lol.
So I finally decided to go with a Savage SS kit and the LST.
think I picked good for jumping head first into MT's ;)

Tweedy

SS kit backordered Out of Stock everywhere!!!
LST not out yet Pre ordered!!!

sigh..

methane 05-20-2004 11:18 AM

believe me guys, i've got it bad too. if i could i'd get:

lst
savage ss
cen genesis
1/4 mt
titan twin

but i know that with each one of these i'll try and max out w/ mods so i'll just pick one

can't wait to hear about your lst experiences since i'm going to wait a bit

rcblaze 05-20-2004 12:54 PM

Join the club. I feel sorry for you Tweedy. (Not really) When you just get into this you have to know everything and if you can try some of everything. It's the best time and the worst time. You guys think your bad. lol Tell me what kinda problem I have. ( be nice) I have to much Sh***T now but I will be buying the LST with out even blinking. lol
Serpent 950 with a C5
Mugen MRX 3 C4
Ofna GTP C5
Dominator .26
JT Hybrid 8p race
Mad Force 8p fully loaded with New Era gear
Hyper 7 Pcr still in the lab
HPI rs4 OS 12
Tamiya TGX .15LD not built yet.
Ofna LD3 building

methane 05-20-2004 01:23 PM

bcash

let go man, let go. can't you sell something to fund the new trucks? :)

nice collection though

rcblaze 05-20-2004 02:03 PM

Yea I know man I'm trying maybe you can help. Here it is. The only one with a question mark is the JT and here is why. Well we all love the hop up's and want the best performance or looks right. So before I go off on a tangent and work is almost over. It started as a maxx. I did the .21 thing RRP gears and so on we all know the story. Still was not happy with it. Ah I know sell it. Yea ok it was one of my first and have you seen what a t-maxx goes for on ebay. No way I'll just have to live with this paper weight or make it a show truck. Ah bright idea number 2 JT. Yea this will work b/c now I can part out the stuff and actually get some money back and use what I can on the JT. Ok so that was a month or 2 ago. So I finally sell most my old t-maxx stuff and make out pretty good IMO. Ok JT time and I did the research so I'm well aware that these diffs are suspect. (Work is almost over gotta hurry) I'm sure you know the JT setup so I will spare you.(this is with a 8p race now this has no bottom none) I beat on it for maybe a week and guess what? The diff case screws yea they broke. So this is were you come in. I'm thinking keep it b/c even thou we have this love hate thing going nothing handles a track like the hybrids. So what do you think ?
A. Sell it Buy LST
B. Kippster or maximizer diff cups
C. Super Maxx stuff

speed lives 05-20-2004 02:12 PM

A. Sell it Buy LST

fourwheeler 05-20-2004 10:12 PM

I know what you mean Thermal. The wife isn't budging on the idea of anymore trucks right now but I think I will have to "forget" and get one. The only question is which one?? :)

ThermalRD 05-20-2004 10:32 PM

Thats a bummer man. Dont think i can help you with that. Maybe if you tell your wife that Thermals' wife lets him have any truck he wants, then maybe she will let you have another. While i was out shopping today (zombies, velocities, clutch bell) i asked my LHS when my LST was coming in. Hehe, they told me they are expecting them any day now. They said within two weeks. Im sooo excited. I want my new toy!

Matt

ORIGINAL: fourwheeler

I know what you mean Thermal. The wife isn't budging on the idea of anymore trucks right now but I think I will have to "forget" and get one. The only question is which one?? :)

slago 05-20-2004 11:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Tweedybird

SS kit backordered Out of Stock everywhere!!!
LST not out yet Pre ordered!!!

sigh..
Not so. www.ultimatehobbies.com has them in stock and they are the cheapest for it I have ever found at $329.

[link=http://www.ultimatehobbies.com//p587.html]http://www.ultimatehobbies.com//p587.html[/link]

fourwheeler 05-21-2004 09:09 PM

Congrats on the new toy:D dude but the wifey is still pretty firm on the subject.
Hmmmm maybe a new fridge first????!?!?!:eek:

Tweedybird 05-21-2004 09:19 PM

yeah I just spent over 2500.00 in the last week, everything arrived cept for the savage and LST,
when my wife saw me bringing in all the boxes, first she said I'm sleeping on the couch, and I'm lucky its not the Marriot,
and then she turns around and said I want a new wedding ring, so I'm screwed from both ends now. LOL

Tweedy Bird

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_9_206.gif

fourwheeler 05-22-2004 06:02 AM

Just think of it this way...the better the ring the more you can spend[:-]

Tweedybird 05-22-2004 08:13 AM

lol yeah right that has its good points and bad points too, buying a new ring although will put me in her good graces,
but it will also cost more than.. blah I don't even want to think about it

lmao http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_6_3.gif

Tweedy Bird