RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   A Traxxas Revo for $75.00???? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/1856547-traxxas-revo-%2475-00-a.html)

NOR_CAL 05-29-2004 03:21 PM

A Traxxas Revo for $75.00????

Has anyone seen these auctions on E-bay that are selling Traxxas Revo, T-Maxx, and the Savage for $75.00??? I spent the $75.00 just to see what happens.

potatoe_bird 05-29-2004 03:22 PM

RE: A Traxxas Revo for $75.00????

It's a pyramid scheme.

i8tweety 05-29-2004 03:32 PM

It's a scam. A choice few (that get in at the very beginning) might get a truck. Everyone else loses there money.

sn0wrider 05-29-2004 03:52 PM

read the bottom, it even says you might not get a truck
Please understand that you are not buying this product from us, or paying for an entry into the matrix for this product. You are buying ebooks from us, and your spot on the matrix is a free gift from us.
Please read the FAQ page for terms & conditions of purchase.

slago 05-29-2004 04:38 PM

This is a classic Ponzi scheme. Click this link for more info and other links:

[link=http://www.sec.gov/answers/pyramid.htm]http://www.sec.gov/answers/pyramid.htm[/link]

jefx 05-29-2004 10:53 PM

Wow, that was a good link slago. Yes, it's a scam, you just lost your $75, but you got a nice set of ebooks!

I thought those pyramids were illegal.

Vanquish24 05-30-2004 10:58 AM

You've spent $75.00 just to see what happens. Well say bye bye to your 75 dollars because nothing is happening.

ORIGINAL: NOR_CAL

Has anyone seen these auctions on E-bay that are selling Traxxas Revo, T-Maxx, and the Savage for $75.00??? I spent the $75.00 just to see what happens.

C_Watkins 05-30-2004 11:19 AM

I hate even seeing the links to those sites here on RCU.
To me, it's simply a lame attempt to snare others into the scam, hoping you'll get your truck.

fhm101 05-30-2004 01:05 PM

The easier it looks, the harder it hooks. Ain't no such thing as easy money.

bonified5 05-30-2004 02:04 PM

Did u even think before you paid?!?! TRUE GOOD TO BE TRUE!!!!!!!!!!

T_MAXX 06-07-2004 10:48 PM

I thought it was a scam too until I did it and I got my T MAXX. It took a while to get it but it was worth it.

C_Watkins 06-08-2004 12:00 AM

Well, it might just skirt the laws enough to be barely "legal", and not technically labelled
as a "scam", but to me, the line drawn between this scheme and a scam is very fuzzy.

By the very nature of the scheme, there will always be somebody hanging out there
who will never get their car. Typically, there are a lot of those somebodies. In this case, there
are 7 others hanging, for every one person who theoretically receives their truck.
Do the math. There aren't enough people on the planet. There never will be enough.
You'd need an infinite number of people willing to play, for everyone to get the prize.

If you got yours -- and pardon me, for being doubtful of that -- consider yourself an early and lucky
member of an exclusive minority of overall players who will ever see the "prize" at the end of the game.

breakin2 06-08-2004 09:16 AM

I thought it was a scam too until I did it and I got my T MAXX. It took a while to get it but it was worth it.
So says that guy who registered 6/7 and has only one post. Hmmm......could this person be someone who is selling this crap?

T_MAXX 06-08-2004 01:09 PM

I don't sell it actually. I am just new to the forum. I came across it when I was looking for some info on the zagi pusher motor.

Evader 53 06-08-2004 01:52 PM

I am not sure whether to believe this is a scam or not. I have seen some Ebay sellers sell 2,800 of these producs and have a 100% custumer satisfaction from the buyers.
I think I'll have to try this "too good to be true" deal, once I collect the money in case it is wasted.

I really do think this might work, just go to
[link=http://www.tmaxx-matrix.com/How_it_Works.html]How it works[/link] and see for yourself. It could take a while depending on how long it takes for that fourth person to sign up after you, but you will eventually get it.
--Evader 53

popuptoaster 06-08-2004 02:14 PM

you can set up multiple accounts on e bay and buy stuff from yourself, leaving positive feedback as you go, and then you can post on an RC forum under a different name saying

"i just paid $75 to see what happens"

whats the betting there will be another post next week saying

"guess what guys? i got my truck"

C_Watkins 06-08-2004 06:59 PM

Anyone under the impression that it could work out should search their favorite search engine
for the term "straight line matrix". It's just another twist on a very old idea, that's all.

Evader, I read it as "8" people and not "4".
At 8 people for every one receiving the prize, that's a success rate of only 12.5%.
That means that there's an 87.5% chance you'll never see a thing.
Even worse, for late joiners. (There are only so many gullible people in the world)

Even if I'm wrong, and they're awarding at every fourth signup, that's still only a 25% success rate.
...and that's if the scheme is run "honestly". How do YOU know how many people signed up after you did? ;)

jefx 06-08-2004 08:43 PM

Look, if it's too good to be true, it is. Don't get caught up in the hype. Ask yourself whether this sounds like a legitimate deal or a "get rich quick" sheme, and your gut will tell you to "Stay Away!". It's a scam people! BEWARE!

If this were a legitimate deal, then you'd see it all over. Car dealers would be selling a piece of the deal for $200 and offering new cars to every 4th person or whatever. Real estate companies would be doing the same thing, and be giving away houses.

This is not a new concept! The reason you don't see this deal all over the place is because it is NOT LEGITIMATE!

I don't know how anyone falls for this crap.

Hey, for all of you who have put money on this pyramid, I've got a deal for you! I've got one million dollars in a over-seas account, and I need to get it into the U.S. without raising any red flags. I'll deposit the cash into your account, and then give you 25% of the one million for helping me out! All you have to do is give me your bank account numbers and some personal information!

What do you say!?

Do not respond.

nurch 06-09-2004 02:22 AM

LOL!! Before this e-books pyramid scheme, there used to be this BS thing that sold the exact same idea. However, their site was located at www.bumpmeup.com. When I contacted one of these idiots running the pyramid scheme, the guy was extremely nasty to me and even threatened to hack my computer if I dare spread the news about his scheme. Well, sure enough, I posted on every R/C forum I could find and displayed that link, the ebay seller's name and ID, as well as his email he sent to me. He suddenly disappeared into the abyss. I didn't even get hacked either. Maybe because too many people saw the email and he was afraid to act. Whatever.

That person who posted about getting his T-Maxx is surely a wheeler & dealer and probably even working for that pyramid schemer. heck, just look at that website! Any site that offers online gambling is surely a questionable site. I hate jerks like that, however, I enjoy exploiting their schemes just as much! :)

Oh, one more thing, don't even bother thinking why Ebay officials have not stepped in to stop this scheme from going further. Ebay sees it as such "Well, as long as I am getting paid, who cares. More power to them!"

Sick I tells yahs, sick!! :)

Avalanche 06-10-2004 08:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Evader 53

I really do think this might work, just go to
[link=http://www.tmaxx-matrix.com/How_it_Works.html]How it works[/link] and see for yourself. It could take a while depending on how long it takes for that fourth person to sign up after you, but you will eventually get it.
--Evader 53

Four people? You realise that depending on your position in the "matrix" A million or more people may have to sign up before you get your truck. In other words, you aint getting a truck. Its a scam.

http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0%..._story_related

http://www.matrixwatch.org/

http://www.homepage.net/pyramidcalculator/

ranger1 06-10-2004 09:34 PM

this is a stupid post and i hate reading the heading when i go into this forum, and anyone how is dumb enough to send $75.00 for this is a IDIOT. i mean please a t-maxx for $75.00 when everyone in the real world is paying about $350.00or so depending on your lhs .please let it go and move on . you lost your money not to be seen again and you will probably do it again if you see this ad.lets move with the more important rc posts we are all here for.

Revision 06-11-2004 12:11 AM

When I first started looking into getting a nitro i looked on ebay also. I saw all those auctions as well and just did a buttload of research before i spent any money on it, man am i glad i did. This was back in January and i was lucky enough to find aout about these scams. Basically, it's legal simply for the fact you bought ebooks. Because you were purchasing the ebooks, your name was entered into the matrix to be a hopefuly recipient of the gift. They state all over the place that you are not guaranteed the gift, simply entered for your chance to get one.
These scams took place in a country a while back and basically ended in riots and all kinds of other stuff. The math behind that specific matrix is basically say i am the first to sign for it, i get 8 people to sign up after me i get mine. say you were the first person i signed up, you have to waits until i got all 8 of mine and then you have to wait for 8 more to sign up.now when you are the 100th person to sign up, you basically get your truck when the 800th person signs up or something like that. Not good chances at all. What's worse is that these types of operations are going on all over. I'm sorry you spent the 75.00 but i hope you get something out of the ebooks at least.

Duff_Beer_12oz 06-11-2004 02:05 AM

Sure looks convincing to me. I'm going to see what happens too.

allen0622 06-11-2004 04:12 AM

a few interesting posts from former matrix site owners who didn't realize they were running a scam. http://www.matrixwatch.org/forums/fo...p?s=&forumid=6 And are now struggling to pay everyone back so they don't get sued. The new Matrix sites are getting away with because of the reason people are saying, you're buying e-books, and you're not guaranteed a prize is stated on the sites.

Avalanche 06-11-2004 06:08 AM

ORIGINAL: Duff_Beer_12oz

Sure looks convincing to me. I'm going to see what happens too.

I have to ask, what exactly looks convincing to you about this scam? Read the links I put in my post above.