RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   mad force help BAD! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/1856644-mad-force-help-bad.html)

<conrad> 05-29-2004 04:31 PM

mad force help BAD!

ok i just got my mad force rtr and i got every thing ready put the gas in (20%) and i put the globe start in and then i pulled the cord and it started going crazy and the first gear tore right apart and flung off rite when it started and then the muffler was shootin out oil like crazy whats the problem plz help me

Q8 RC 05-29-2004 06:03 PM

RE: mad force help BAD!

did you check the radio if its on and are the battries charged and did you tune it the right way becouse you may distroy your engine if u put it on full speed and its still new so becarefull .

speed lives 05-29-2004 07:33 PM

You shouldnt of messed with it without me.. It sounds to me like it took off when u started it and u couldnt stop it i think? Well you need to turn the idle screw.

And did your gear break into peices? Or was it just loose and fall off?

Call me when you get home or go on msn..

<conrad> 05-29-2004 07:39 PM

no the speed control on the remote control was turned up to high and it took off i was holden it and the 1st gear ripped to pices and flew off

speed lives 05-29-2004 07:48 PM

Well thats really bad for your engine sense its the 1st tank, But i don't think it could have really done anything major acept maybe shorten the engine life.. But i don't see how the gear could have broke.. Did you mess with the gears at all?

Q8 RC 05-29-2004 07:57 PM

maybe the truck was running hard on the ground and zach was hollding it down so hard so it brok or if it was on a stand maybe there where no strenght on the gear becouse the tires where not on the ground so the gears get loose very fast and snap!!

<conrad> 05-29-2004 08:56 PM

on a stand maybe there where no strenght on the gear becouse the tires where not on the ground so the gears get loose very fast and snap!!
o man thats what happen i didnt think that could snap it like that. well would it be alright if i put 2nd gear in the 1st gear spot and put the 3rd gear in the 2nd gear spot, just to beak it in

madmaniac 05-30-2004 01:02 AM

No i dont think thats a smart idea just go and buy a new gear.

Q8 RC 05-30-2004 09:17 AM

madmaniac i agree with you go and buy a new gear and good luck for the next time ;)

Q8 RC 05-30-2004 09:22 AM

this note is from kyosho :

3. Keep It On The Ground

A-You should run your engine at high speeds only when you are driving the car.

B-Do not put the car on the box or stand with the wheels off the ground and then run the engine. You'll quickly overspeed your engine and ruin it. Generally, the connecting rod will break from the over-revving.

C-Do not remove the engine from the car and try to run it with just the flywheel. That does the same as described above. The engine
must be run with the load of the car when driving.

http://www.kyosho.com/techsupport/runwell-10ways.html

GOOD LUCK !!

<conrad> 05-30-2004 10:53 AM

well the gear break every time i hold it in the air while runnin or what can i do to prevent it

Q8 RC 05-30-2004 10:53 AM

ORIGINAL: zach_anderson321

o man thats what happen i didnt think that could snap it like that. well would it be alright if i put 2nd gear in the 1st gear spot and put the 3rd gear in the 2nd gear spot, just to beak it in
man do you want to snap all the gears just buy the 1st gear and it will fly like an angel [sm=drowning.gif] i dont think this is flying its calling for help looooooooooooooooooool :D

<conrad> 05-30-2004 11:05 AM

Gordon69: Mad Force seems like a ***** truck, How can't it handle going in 1st gear in the air, oveiusly it wasnt going to fast cause it was still in 1st gear.. I guess you can't atempt backflips and have air control when your jumping cause the gears will shatter? And i was considering getting a RCX untill i saw zachs madforce and i chaned my mind about that, it looks so cheep, it reminds me of a radio shack truck. Well don't want to start no arguements or nothing but im kinda pissed, i wanted to drive my truck with him, But how can he drive it if everytime he gets air with it he breaks a gear.

<conrad> 05-30-2004 11:21 AM

the mammoth is on sale for 369 again so im probly gonna try to send the madforce back and get that

the suspension sucks on it to, so do the tires

madmaniac 05-30-2004 11:45 AM

Maan you muste be doing something wrong with your truck because i can have the whhels in the air and pull full throttle without the gears breaking.

I dont think that it will make much difference if you buy a mammoth because it sounds like you dont have any experienc of rcs at all.

BTW is it the kit or the RTR you have??

<conrad> 05-30-2004 12:12 PM

i have the rtr and its my 1st nitro truck, but if i get the mammoth ill have gordon startit cause hes knows everything

<conrad> 05-30-2004 12:16 PM

Maan you muste be doing something wrong with your truck because i can have the whhels in the air and pull full throttle without the gears breaking.

all i did was start it up and it went crazy cause the throttle trim was turned up to high so i held it up and turned the throttle trim down and the gear just snaped

madmaniac 05-30-2004 01:10 PM

Hmm the gear mesh could be wrong from the beginning i say go and buy a new gear and try again and if you know anyone that knows a bit of RC s then you should ask him to help you.

The mad force is a great truck very durable and fast.

Savage_Dias 05-30-2004 01:11 PM

That sounds like a hard way to learn that lesson. Check your radio gear before you start the engine & always zero the trims on a new radio. Another good one is to make sure someone with experience is around when you're trying to play with an R/C for the 1st time. Hopefully you'll have everything figured out once you have replacement parts installed.

<conrad> 05-30-2004 01:57 PM

alright thanx

Q8 RC 05-30-2004 02:29 PM

hey you guy do you want to start a flame i read wut zach wright and it didnt affect me i love this truck and it will beat your truck MR.Gordon69 when you race with the mad force you will only see its dust becouse its miles away from you . and it can make flips and i bet any truck can give a wheeli better than the mad force . and bring me any truck that really look like a real big foot its the MAD FORCE so DONT BE SORRY THAT YOU GET IT zach_anderson321 ITS JUST A MISTAKE you will love the truck when you get use to it my friend got one and he love it so much it is a real big foot [:@]

<conrad> 05-30-2004 02:46 PM

Yea if he gets in front of me i better watch out, a gear might fly threw my hood :D

LOL, im messen suddle down, Ill just pop me a picco 26, vertigo performance race this kit, and ill be so far inhead of him he wonte even beable to see my dust..

<conrad> 05-30-2004 02:48 PM

Opps forgot his ao**** was on auto sign in.. Just betend Gordon69 said the above post.

Q8 RC 05-30-2004 02:55 PM

zach_anderson321 dont be mad the mad force wont let you down but you must check every thing before starting the engine tight the engine and bla bla bla ........ and the mad force isnt cheap its stong and the best thing that every body love to do on the mad force is the wheeli and the stoppi they are so cool all this thread didnt effect me i will buy the mad force after two weeks becouse its cool.[8D]

speed lives 05-30-2004 03:00 PM

Dude i can't understand anything you say.. Use the spell check, punctuation, and caps would help..