RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   Clod Buster (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/1857121-clod-buster.html)

rocketboy8690 05-29-2004 09:13 PM

Clod Buster

1 Attachment(s)
Im thinkin about getting a Clod Buster and wondering how good it is. I'm debating between a Blockfoot extreme, Clod Buster, Twin Dentinator, ANd a wild dagger. Which is the best? Please give your opinion. Thanks.

rocketboy8690 05-29-2004 09:32 PM

RE: Clod Buster

Also, How fast does the stock version of the Clod Buster and all these trucks go?

Unstable 05-29-2004 10:09 PM

the "clod" is not a quick truck out of the box. instead it can be modified for other uses. one of the popular mods (one which I am doing to my own clod) is to build a new chassis and make a rock crawler. they are real slow but can climb better then any other trucks..

the other mod is to make a race truck. usually using a "gekko" aftermarket chassis. they do well in the electric MT races.

[link=http://www.mudcow.com]mudcow[/link] is one of the more well know crawlers on the web. the site has several how-to's and vids of the truck in action.

[link=http://www.rc4wd.com]rc4wd[/link][link=http://www.rc4wd.com]rc4wd[/link] is a site that carries alot of aftermarket parts for the clod.

you have to remember the clod is a older design (the super clodbuster is just a cosmetic change of the old one) but it still can be a great truck with some work into it.

Element 05-30-2004 06:33 AM

A gecko is not the best race truck as it has alot of flex but its awesome at crawling.If you want to moddify you clod and buy every thign from rc4wd be prepared to spend $500 if not more.Check out clodbusterjunkyard.com for parts and clodtalk.com for information.

-Greg

sn0wrider 05-30-2004 12:01 PM

a gecko isnt a truck..its a chassis for a rock crawler..crawlers arent supposed to go fast, they just need a lot of torque to get up and over rocks..

Crazy_Coconuts 05-30-2004 01:39 PM

With these trucks, its all about the mods...

Clods are basically rock crawlers without modifications... if you want the best box stock crawler, then go with a TXT-1... if you want to spend a lot on after market hop ups, then clod is your truck....

Wild Dagger and Twin Detonator are the exact same truck except that the body is different, the manual on the TD is black and white vs. the Wild Dagger's blue, black, and white, and finally, they decided to build the gearbox for you on the TD because it saves them packaging costs (or somthing)...

the BFX is the same as the WD and TD except that it is RWD... the front gearbox has no gears and is weighted... if i were you, if you want to buy a BFX, get a WD or TD and take out the gears and stuff in the front...

performance... 100% stock, these trucks are really fun to play with... if you want to be more 'serious' about them, then they are probably the most versatile trucks on the market... you can mod them pretty easily, it will just cost you... the clod is slow, and the WD/TD arent that much better, but these are tamiya's electric race MT's.... you can mod them though... as i said... its all in the mods...

Element 05-30-2004 06:38 PM

ORIGINAL: sn0wrider

a gecko isnt a truck..its a chassis for a rock crawler..crawlers arent supposed to go fast, they just need a lot of torque to get up and over rocks..
opps sorry I meant "A gecko is not the best racing chassis"
And yes I do knwo what a crawler's power is for.

trey3670 05-30-2004 09:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
clods are not fast,im pretty sure a mini t is faster,stock anyway,they are a great project truck all kinds of aftermarket parts available to do allmost anything you want,make a pulller,crawler,custom truck(all chrome tilt bed lights,stuff like that),or race truck but they are expensive heres a pic of mine!

braden.r productions 05-30-2004 09:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is my clod. Has some hops ups like motors and esc and stuff. Aluminum parts here and there. Sorry about the pic, i had to take it wiht my web cam. oh and the suspension has been replaced with oil filled. i think that a mainly stock clod with motors is perfect, well for me. My clod will stomp on my mini t like nothing, i have alosi speed motor and a battery pack, and bearings. I dunno the turns in my clod motors.

Element 05-30-2004 10:18 PM

not all clods are slow we had a 35mph clod and I remebr seeign I think ttr get theres up to 40!

I would psot a pciture of mine but I'm waiting on ym new parts to come in so there nothing really to see right now[:o]

Crazy_Coconuts 05-31-2004 07:24 AM

geez... 35? thats crazy...

yeah... i forgot to tell you that these kits dont come with bearings... they have plastic bushings... those need to be replaced ASAP...

Wicked!! 05-31-2004 09:19 AM

Geckos are definately one of the best crawling chassis out there, however, the gecko 2 has adjustable lower links which can really lower the truck and also give it a longer wheel base. Lock the rear steering and I think you could have a good all purpase truck.

I may be building a gecko soon, I am watching Ebay for a great deal on one but if not come up in the next week I will be buying a new one. :D

trey3670, Sweet chassis [8D]

diirtbag 05-31-2004 05:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here's my homemade clod chassis it can be very inexpensive to build as well if you look around you can find lots of info and ideas

The Boss 05-31-2004 05:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, all the kits you mentioned are good, the clod I think will have the most as far as after market goodies for it though if that makes a diffrence. I made all the aluminum stuff on my clod just by looking at pics of parts on other kits and saved some bucks, here's some pics of my clod and usa.

braden.r productions 05-31-2004 08:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Heres my set up. I have my suspension set up so the it absorbs the bumps.

rocketboy8690 06-02-2004 03:54 PM

will t-maxx wheels fit the clod?

Element 06-02-2004 05:26 PM

ORIGINAL: rocketboy8690

will t-maxx wheels fit the clod?
not stock the clod wheels are much bigger but they do make an adapter for the cldo to use tmaxx wheels.

rocketboy8690 06-02-2004 05:31 PM

How Many servos do i need for steering and what other items should i get just to get it rolling stock?

Element 06-02-2004 05:44 PM

If you want 2 wheels steerign 1 for 4 you will need 2.

I would suggest a Super Rooster as it is liek night and day from the stock msc
The stock motors are fine but a set of magnetic mayhems wouldnt hurt.
The last thing is a radio you can pick up a cheap am off ebay for $30

Wicked!! 06-02-2004 09:49 PM

Actually he only needs one servo if hes running stock. Just get a good one.

Troublesome2g4 06-03-2004 10:02 AM

I used to have a Clod...Actually it was the one with the Kenworth 18 wheeler body...I 4get the name of it. It was slow as hell but you sure could beat the hell outta that thing...Built like a tank! I think the only thing I ever broke was the front servo saver on the gearbox. It was all stock and I had it for like 5 years...Sold it for like $225USD.