RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   Just look at the difference! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/1895083-just-look-difference.html)

Sweetshoes90210 06-11-2004 10:29 PM

Just look at the difference!

1 Attachment(s)
Look at the difference between the CEN MT-2 (I own) and the Genesis (will own). It makes my MT-2 look like a damn dwarf.

I no the picture has been out for a while.But this time I "looked" at it.

What do you think about the gen? How will it stand to todays leading trucks? Post what you think:)

fourwheeler 06-11-2004 10:31 PM

RE: Just look at the difference!

The Genisis is definately a beast.

lax195 06-11-2004 11:20 PM

what are the dimensions of the genisis??

jefx 06-11-2004 11:37 PM

The Genesis is huge, and it does dwarf the MT2, but so do most of the trucks out now.
I hope it does well in the current market, although I probably won't be getting one. Competition between R/C companies is a great thing. It gives us a lot of choices and keeps prices down.
I'm not at all impressed by the footage at Cen's web site, if they are going to post footage, than it should show stuff that will make people want to buy it. I have however seen footage from the RCX, which made the truck look better, but still not all that great. Look at the footage of the Revo on Traxxas' site, now that's how to do promotional video! If that doesn't make you want to buy it then I don't know what will (although I won't be buying one).

The Genesis just doesn't really excite me too much. I mean it looks OK, but it looks more like a novelty than a real contender. I know that Cen has a lot riding on it, and I'm sure it'll be a fine product, it just doesn't do much for me.

RCnutz 06-12-2004 02:43 AM

Hey 530 bucks for 5 horsepower at 23000 rpms from a .46 engine, all steel gears in the tranny , super thick CV shafts, Steel spur gears, fail safe, 10 shock with working reservoirs, huge wheels and all steel gears steering servo all adding up to 50 + mph out of the box... I think it's a darn stupid thing to buy anything else. The LST which is the competitor has about the same size but it comes with an anemic engine that is usually installed on 1/10 scale trucks and buggies. Geneisis will hit stores next week. I will post a new thread with my review.

Avalanche 06-12-2004 05:23 AM

If you think that thing had 5 hp I have a bridge Id like to sell you. The "truckzilla" .46 kit for the Savage claims 4.8hp yet it gets a spanking from a well tuned OFNA or WASP .26.

jefx 06-12-2004 08:43 AM

ORIGINAL: RCnutz

The LST which is the competitor has about the same size but it comes with an anemic engine that is usually installed on 1/10 scale trucks and buggies. Geneisis will hit stores next week. I will post a new thread with my review.
The LST and Genesis are not competitors. They only reason there is such debate between the two, and the attitude of "if you like one- you hate the other", is because neither are released yet, and both are bigger than most of what's out there.
I don't understand this rivalry that is occuring between the two, they are both complete different trucks with totaly different designs, they are just both part of the latest generation of monster truck.
If you want direct competition and rivalry, I'd say that the LST is more closly linked to the Savage 25, Mammoth, and MGT, than the Genesis.
While the Genesis' closest competitors would be the Truckzilla, Thunder Tiger EK4, Twin Titan, and the Gigan Crusher (you know, novelty type trucks).

Sweetshoes90210 06-12-2004 08:56 AM

The price for the genesis or "novelty truck" (<as you mentioned) will soon drop.This truck will surely not be a shelf queen unlike a truckzilla or a ek4. It just has to much to offer and I find that other companies will soon make products quite like the Genesis if many people are interested in it.

The genesis is just the beginning. Soon the trucks will be able to be so powerful that you cant drive it becuase it just.... They can only get so big as well. What fun would it be driving a full size MT? (REALLY FUN! yea i know. I mean just taking it wherever you want...now how fun;)).

There will soon be "new lines" of the genesis, referring to size and whatnot. But this truck, with everything that it has to offer with not be a shelf queen. I mean look at the ek-4 it has a big engine and nothing more what is so special about that(?).

And yes I agree with jefx on that competitor thing. Except unlike he said about GENESIS's competiotors being the ek4 and such i find that it dosnt have one yet

Sorry for TYPOS, im in a hurry.

nurch 06-12-2004 10:28 AM

Sweetshoes, I am surprised that even when you are in a hurry, you were able to edit your post. ;)

I am thinking the Genesis, like the EK4, will just be more for show and tell than competitive. I know my tracks around here would not allow those trucks to compete because they lag too far behind and weigh alot! One EK4 nearly tore up our track!! But I can't blame that entirely on the truck since the dumbarse driving it should not have been competing with the driving he was doing! Anyways, make sure your local tracks will support the Genesis. I know Losi is well accepted. That is why it is a competitor's truck. The Genesis is more for bashing around in the backyard, or polishing up really nicely for the special truck stand! [8D]

breakin2 06-12-2004 11:45 AM

I'm not crazy about how the Genesis looks in terms of body and paint scheme.

T-Maxx killer with my cen mt2 06-12-2004 11:57 AM

Nurch the genesis has surprisingly well for such a big car and CEN is planning on entering it in the unlimited mt class of the proline maxx challenge, this truck certainly dos not lag or be slow this truck huals ass and seems to be just as agile if not more than the LST, the genesis SHOULD never be compared to any trucks out there right now or jefx's ''novelty trucks'', just because of the fact that the genesis is in a league of it's own and no trucks can compete with it's size and power, very few trucks can match it's speed and Avalanche don't compare that crapy .46 from the truckzilla it's a SIDE exguahst engine with heli internals, I don't remeber were I heard this but some magazine only got like 3hp from that .46 so hotbodies lied about the 4.8 horse power, mean while the Gensis .46 engine is a true ABC REAR exguasht engine that is designed for on road use. It was desinged from the ground up by CEN and is the first true .46 engine not just some crapy helicopter engine. they did not just stick a powerful engine in a weak car(THUNDER TIGER) they also made sure that the parts the truck used can sustain the power of the engine. so this is definitly not a NOVELTY truck. It was designed from the ground up and CEN deserves credit for that. if the genesis is sucessful than it should revolutionize the rc world.

Sweetshoes90210 06-12-2004 12:56 PM

ORIGINAL: T-Maxx killer with my cen mt2

Nurch the genesis has surprisingly well for such a big car and CEN is planning on entering it in the unlimited mt class of the proline maxx challenge, this truck certainly dos not lag or be slow this truck huals ass and seems to be just as agile if not more than the LST, the genesis SHOULD never be compared to any trucks out there right now or jefx's ''novelty trucks'', just because of the fact that the genesis is in a league of it's own and no trucks can compete with it's size and power, very few trucks can match it's speed and Avalanche don't compare that crapy .46 from the truckzilla it's a SIDE exguahst engine with heli internals, I don't remeber were I heard this but some magazine only got like 3hp from that .46 so hotbodies lied about the 4.8 horse power, mean while the Gensis .46 engine is a true ABC REAR exguasht engine that is designed for on road use. It was desinged from the ground up by CEN and is the first true .46 engine not just some crapy helicopter engine. they did not just stick a powerful engine in a weak car(THUNDER TIGER) they also made sure that the parts the truck used can sustain the power of the engine. so this is definitly not a NOVELTY truck. It was designed from the ground up and CEN deserves credit for that. if the genesis is sucessful than it should revolutionize the rc world.
Exactly My Point... well most of it is;)

Honestly nurch and Jefx, I dont know why you are coming up with all these asumptions. Lord, the truck (s) arnt even out yet.

jefx 06-12-2004 02:48 PM

I don't know what assumption that you're refering to that I came up with. As I've said time and time again, I hope that the Genesis does really well as far as marketing. It would be a good jump-start to a small company (Cen).
I'm just questioning the rivalry of the Genesis and the LST, I don't think that they are in the same league.
RCNutz says:

The LST which is the competitor has about the same size but it comes with an anemic engine that is usually installed on 1/10 scale trucks and buggies.
I've seen this attitude all around. I don't think that the LST IS the competition to the Genesis. The only thing they have in common is that they both aren't released yet.

I feel it's easier to define the LST's competition, Losi is going after the big block (.21-.28) style MT's as I've mentioned above, and they're bringing some new ideas to the table.

However I feel it's harder to define what the Genesis is trying to do. They obviously aren't going after the same crowd as the Losi is, because Cen has developed the biggest and baddest MT that they could, which isn't exactly a competor to the .21-.28 crowd. It's in a league all it's own, as it doesn't fit in any of the current molds that are out there. That's why I feel it's more of a novelty (which shouldn't be taken negatively). Cen is going more for "wow" factor than attacking direct competetion. Which is the same thing that the other "novelty" trucks that I mentioned above, have done.

Element 06-12-2004 02:58 PM

I wonder if soemoen will come out iwht a conversion for a the .4 to fit in the mt2.infact that may not be a good idea most truck that are over powered do a back flip imagine what a mt2 woudl do maybe a triple:D

T-Maxx killer with my cen mt2 06-12-2004 04:10 PM

yeah right, the trucks you mentioned have not wow any one or at least not me. thunder tiger needs to discontinue that ek4 cause it doesnet even sell. ofna and gigan crusher are really the only ''novelty trucks around which are mostly for show cause twin engines are crap they are good for nothing, so comparing the genesis to those trucks is kind of a insult to CEN and anybody who likes the genesis.

popuptoaster 06-12-2004 04:57 PM

I quite like the look of the LST, i'll be interested to see how it stacks up against the MGT as a driving experience (may not be the best truck, but sure is nice to drive) not sure about the genesis though, i mean, one of the weak points in any truck is the shocks plus they suffer from seal wear in dirty conditions, seems a bit daft to add EXTRA ones, i think the LST has a more practical design, while the Cen is more show boaty, better for the Top trumps cards!

Sweetshoes90210 06-13-2004 10:53 AM

Well then popuptoaster and everyone els who posted in this thread, I guess we will find out soon enough.;)

eternaldragon 06-30-2004 05:25 AM

the lst has a .26 that's not something you would normally find in a 1/10 scale anything.
i have a genesis on pre-order.
you could get away with a .46 in the mt-2 not to say im going to try it but all you would really have to do is gear it right for the power output.
and the ek-4's do sell pretty good i don't have one and wont be getting one but the 3 lhs are always selling out of them and its based on the eb-4 buggy's.

studysession 07-01-2004 01:27 PM

Body and paint scheme can always be changed.

ORIGINAL: breakin2

I'm not crazy about how the Genesis looks in terms of body and paint scheme.