RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   Dont know how to prime my hyper .21..Please Help.... (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/2378382-dont-know-how-prime-my-hyper-21-please-help.html)

Rush7 11-26-2004 08:49 PM

Dont know how to prime my hyper .21..Please Help....

Okay.... I am still a rookie to some of this stuff. I just got a used Monster Pirate that has a OFNA Hyper .21. Everything is bone stock. There is no primer on the tank. Is this correct? If so how do you prime the engine to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated..
Thanks

tamiya08 11-26-2004 09:09 PM

RE: Dont know how to prime my hyper .21..Please Help....

ORIGINAL: Rush7

Okay.... I am still a rookie to some of this stuff. I just got a used Monster Pirate that has a OFNA Hyper .21. Everything is bone stock. There is no primer on the tank. Is this correct? If so how do you prime the engine to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated..
Thanks
1:dont put in the glow starter yet, first put your thumb over the exhaust outlet, and pull the pull starter until the fuel gets to the carb.
2: old fation way, put some nitro fuel down the carberator, it should start within 1-2 pulls
3: just put the glow starter in and pull away, takes a while to get fuel and burns your energy up
4: buy a MGT fuel/ primer bulb

chris

neil.jb 11-26-2004 09:38 PM

as mentioned above, just cover the exhaust with your finger and pull the starter a few times untill you see the fuel enter the carb, then get your glowstarter out and fire her up :)

Kemo 11-26-2004 09:43 PM

I dont get why that is a well used method. You could pull it about 50 times... YOU'LL HAVE NO LUBE AND SCORE UP THE SLEEVE!!! THAT, causes FAST pre-mature wear on your engine. Do it the smarter way, pull the line OFF the pipe, and blow into it... the pressure u blow into the tank forces fuel thru the line towards the carb. Then it starts in about 2-3 pulls.

Rush7 11-26-2004 09:49 PM

Thanks for all of the help, that should get me started. Now I really feel like an idiot. Blowing through the hise makes perfect sense as that is how it works once running.
Thanks again..............

Kemo 11-26-2004 09:53 PM

No problem, i hated pulling until it got the fuel from the tank to the carb. Then i realized how much damage it causes. Blowing into it makes more sense and helps save the engine from premature wear.

tamiya08 11-26-2004 09:58 PM

if you dont feel like blowing into the fuel line theres 2 other options

1: take a small amount of fuel, and pour it into the carb, then put the glow starter in and pull, starts 1-2 pulls after that. this method may not be popular in RC world, but in the drag racing world many people use this method

2: buy a fuel/ priming bulb http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFUD3&P=7

chris

neil.jb 11-26-2004 10:27 PM

ORIGINAL: rccars411

I dont get why that is a well used method. You could pull it about 50 times... YOU'LL HAVE NO LUBE AND SCORE UP THE SLEEVE!!! THAT, causes FAST pre-mature wear on your engine. Do it the smarter way, pull the line OFF the pipe, and blow into it... the pressure u blow into the tank forces fuel thru the line towards the carb. Then it starts in about 2-3 pulls.
im sorry but that is just a load of crap,

firstly there is the oil left inside the engine from the last time it ran,

seccond you should be using after run oil, in which case there is plenty of oil left in there

if you engine really had no oil in it before you started it each time then it would corrode, if your fuel and pressure lines are zip tied away neatly then its a real PITA to pull it off and blow down it every time you want to start it, just cover the exhaust and pull the pull starter about 3-4 times, job done

Rush7 11-26-2004 10:59 PM

IMO it is just a better design to have a fuel primer on the tank like what is on my RS4. I was just trying to start this thing with an electric drill today with no luck and thought I may not be getting s good prime. The only reason I was doing this is because the pull start is broken and I do not have all of the mods completed to the starter plate for my roto start for this engine. I just got this truck yesterday and was wanting to start it and let it idle for one tank and tune it if need be. That way when I get finished with my roto start plate, I can slap it on and roll. You guys know how it is to get a new item and want to get it running ASAP.

Kemo 11-26-2004 11:25 PM

adding pressure to the line, forces fuel towards the carb. basically blowing into it is the same as a primer.

neil.jb 11-27-2004 09:28 AM

what ever, im not starting a fruitless arguement, you have your way and i have mine, lets agree to disagree :)

SoCal_Revo 11-27-2004 12:36 PM

lol I can see it now....

Thrasher A asks Thrasher B, waddafunk is Thrasher C doing to his rig?

Dude, whats Frank doing to his truck?

Not sure Bill, but it looks like he is giving it a Blow Job LOL

Blow into the lines LOL

oatmealman 11-27-2004 12:38 PM

lol:)

Kemo 11-27-2004 01:22 PM

Ever break a rod pulling it over and over waiting for fuel to get into the carb? Its happened to me twice, under warranty of course. The best way to do it is with a bulb for 5 bucks or blowing pressure into the pressure line. Try it and tell me it doesn't work, I have yet to have an HONEST person try it and disagree. Doing that does almost the same thing a primer does.

Now for those fuel bulbs, has anyone have one melt on them before? I thought I had mine farther away from my engine, but still it melted! I went back to putting pressure into the pressure line.