RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   New TNX coming. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/4183204-new-tnx-coming.html)

secretsg 04-19-2006 01:25 AM

New TNX coming.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=43530

tnxtz 04-19-2006 02:52 AM

RE: New TNX coming.

[X(] Sweet mother of Abraham Lincoln!!! With new .32 engine and 100g. lighter than the old TNX??? Am I reading it right? Who's driver going to control this wild beast? TNX is running on it's own. New TNX + Very Good driver = Competition's over!

Bria1 04-19-2006 06:04 AM

I somewhat expected a larger engine, but a .32?????? and lighter than the orignal to top it off. That thing is going to be crazy fast.

b@5her 04-19-2006 07:28 AM

holy mother of god!!! thats just total insanity.

i love it:D

RCtruckRacer 04-19-2006 09:40 AM

I'd love to see Jacobson and Jun driving one of those!!! I've been waiting for this ever since the TNX Pro got d/c'd. That thing is WAY up there on the Holy $#!T scale!

MBX5T Maniac 04-19-2006 10:15 AM

Sweet mother of god. First production MT with a .32. And lighter. DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!!! This thing is going to be awesome. No wonder they discontinued the TNX pro

tristy 04-19-2006 01:30 PM

[X(] i think i just pooped my pants!! [X(]:D

Combatcm 04-19-2006 02:30 PM

The pro got nixed because proline discontinued the powerstrokes.

Chronic 04-19-2006 02:43 PM

Yeah, and Tamiya lost alot of sales by not finding another source for comparable parts. I would have bought a TNX already if the Pro was still available. I've still been tempted to get one anyway, but the availability of the "pro" version would have sealed the deal. I kind of had the feeling that a new one was coming too.

The .32 makes no sense to me though. Why market a truck that's obviously geared more towards racing, and then stick an illegal engine in it? I just don't understand. Same deal as the Nemesis from CEN and that new Mutilator truggy by Ofna. Supposed to be a racing rig, but it's illegal out of the box...

It still sounds like it's going to be killer. I think I just found my next truck.

snowbl!nd 04-19-2006 02:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Combatcm

The pro got nixed because proline discontinued the powerstrokes.
Although the new truck appears to have powerstrokes also (if you look closely at the picture) [&:]

Doesn't mention them in the spec though.....

fantomas 04-19-2006 05:21 PM

The .32 makes no sense to me though. Why market a truck that's obviously geared more towards racing, and then stick an illegal engine in it? I just don't understand. Same deal as the Nemesis from CEN and that new Mutilator truggy by Ofna. Supposed to be a racing rig, but it's illegal out of the box...
I thought the same thing, but most serious racers will swap out the engine anyway. The .32 adds needed shock value that the TNX lacked in the past IMO. The engine will be nice for bashing or club racing though..

secretsg 04-19-2006 07:08 PM

I believe Tamiya is talking with ROAR about some rule changes to the MT engine restrictions in order to
allow the new TNX to run legally. The shocks I'm guessing is based on the proline but larger ala LST2.

McFly505 04-20-2006 01:59 PM

They killed the link. No info anywhere on Tamiya's site about the new TNX.

Anyone know when it's going to be released?

Scott

A.B.U 04-20-2006 08:26 PM

Sweet. Hey check this out!

" Apr 30
Hobbytown USA Race #122 - Memphis, TN"

Ima try to check it out.. haha.

How much weight was the OG TNX? And 100 grams lighter.. an engine almost twice the size larger.. wow thatll be a beast. Wonder if parts will be readily available thogh.

infernalstone 04-20-2006 08:34 PM

Hey, AnotherBoringUsername, do you race at Highway 70 Off road track?

mosavage 04-20-2006 11:12 PM

that aint race legal right. how do they go from a .18 to a .32?

ncbasher 04-21-2006 10:11 AM

I cant seem to find it. The link isnt bringing me to it. Does anyone have any other sites or anything? I want to see this bad boy!

tomandemmy 04-21-2006 04:08 PM

I went to link also.I dont see new TNX?anyone post direct link please

MBX5T Maniac 04-21-2006 05:10 PM

ttp://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=43530

Since its introduction in June 2004, the TNX has dominated the U.S. R/C racing truck scene with a series of impressive wins, including Monster Madness and the Nitro Maxx Challenge. We now proudly announce our next generation Ready-to-Run nitro monster truck: the TNX 5.2R which is designed to continue this victorious trend with even greater top speeds and performance.

Rear exhaust pipe bursts with power, pushing this R/C truck to the front of the pack with explosive acceleration and extreme top speeds. High performance 5.2cc .32 engine features slide carb for optimum response. New TGM-04 chassis features 2-speed transmission for reliable shifting and ball pivot suspension equipped with 4 large capacity oil dampers for excellent handling and stability. Ultra tough chassis frame features reinforced and heavy-duty parts built to take on all kinds of terrain and win. Steel drive shaft provides improved durability and excellent performance, without adding unnecessary weight. Fully-equipped weight of the new TNX is drastically reduced, weighing in at 4,300g. This is a full 100g lighter than the original TNX, and compares favorably with most 1/10 scale monster trucks.

About the model
1/8 Scale Ready-To-Run R/C Nitro Engine Monster Truck.
Newly designed TRU-03 Receiver features failsafe function to prevent electrical interference from causing runaway driving.
Comes with electric Tamiya Handy Starter with specially designed gear unit for easy starting.
Features newly developed high-density, oval spike tires and dish wheels.
Ball pivot suspension features 4 large capacity oil dampers.
Features 2-speed transmission.
Powerful 5.2cc .32 Engine. - Reinforced steel drive shaft. - Total weight just 4,300g.
Batteries and engine fuel not included with model.

Bria1 04-21-2006 05:11 PM

For some reason it has been removed from the site.

rscharp 05-08-2006 11:44 PM

The link is active again if anyone is interested, I know I am :D

michelob78 05-09-2006 12:01 AM

I am in when it's available, been a long time since I bought a tamiya..... time to go back and see what's up.... :D

mosavage 05-09-2006 09:10 PM

i taked to the tamyia guy. He said they put a .32 in it because most ppl dont go serious racing. most ppl just want alot of power.

rexfuji 05-09-2006 09:42 PM

anyone have any idea on the e.t.a. for it?

FE_Chris 05-09-2006 10:07 PM

yup, and if you are like me and club race, then it's a sealed deal. The .32 rocks. If I need to race legal, I'll throw another one of my engines in it. I.E sportwerks .26 or something.....

Looks nice....I wonder how much $$$$$$$$ it's gonna be?

ORIGINAL: mosavage

i taked to the tamyia guy. He said they put a .32 in it because most ppl dont go serious racing. most ppl just want alot of power.