RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   NEW ENGINEE (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/4196485-new-enginee.html)

vinny422 04-22-2006 11:02 AM

NEW ENGINEE

im looking for a new engine to put in my .21 mgt. Its jsut tooo weak. I want something that will jsut drop in with no changes AT ALL. I want something that can keep up with the picco .28. My friend just put one in his svvage and its fastt. I want something similar if possible. THANKK YOU!!

vinny422 04-22-2006 11:31 AM

RE: NEW ENGINEE

if at all possible, i really dont care about top speed. its torque and low end accel. is what im concerned about. Price os no more than $215.

speedfreak1234 04-22-2006 02:22 PM

ive just got a STS .28 and i have finished 4th tank of break in. im not going to recommend this engine because i havent seen what it full potential is yet, however i have been impressed so far by the acceleration which is much better then my SH.28 and its still running lean for break in. also it quite easily lifts the front wheels if im not to carefull on the throttle.

I would not recommend the SH.28, i did get it running very nicely for around 2 gallons and it had no end of power but then without any obvious reason the conrod snapped. SH may have fixed this problem now or it might have just have been a problem unique to my engine but im certainly not going to go back to SH.

as for price both the SH and STS are very low priced engines i got the Sh for about £80 and the STS for £95 im not sure what that is in US dollars tho

I hope this helps your decision a bit

Bash-m-up 04-22-2006 02:36 PM

I had a Wasp .26 and .28 and it made a world of difference, if you don't like what others say about the wasp go with the SH.28 regular 3 port not the PRO and you won't be disappointed either. They run at about 130 shipped off of ebay so it won't break the bank either. My savy ran the SH and it would flat scoot and my MGT with either wasp would too, and I am sure had I put the SH in it would have done great too. But any of those are good budget engines that will get the job done for you without alot of $$$. The wasp .28 will most likely keep you with your friends savage assuming he don't have a 3 speed in it as well, even so the W.28 will get you there in a drag. If he starts to catch you then just yell "now back" and make a quick turn back and watch his go into a roll and take your time coming back and enjoy the victory. lol:) I hope this helps you.

475kyle475 04-22-2006 04:36 PM

im buying a Dynamite Mach .28....what do you guys think about this motor?

badboy2 04-22-2006 06:45 PM

i heard that the mach 28 is easy to tune..
vinny y dont u just get picco28 too ..

Ken448 04-22-2006 07:05 PM

ORIGINAL: badboy2
vinny y dont u just get picco28 too ..
LOL exactly what I was thinking... Or get the LRP .28 Spec 2 or 3 when it comes out. Or kick him to the curb completley, and get a Novarossi 528 8 port monster

darthballs 04-22-2006 07:29 PM

SH.28 and its still running lean for break in
you mean rich right running lean isnt good anytime break in or not

475kyle475 04-22-2006 07:43 PM

so is the mach 28 fast? compare it to something...i just bought one

vinny422 04-22-2006 11:43 PM

well, i would get the picco 28 but im not exactly sure about the perfect drop in situation .. anyway, can u post a link about the sh and sts engine and just to check .. are these drop in's ???

vinny422 04-22-2006 11:48 PM

oo00o and by the way Bash -em up- i really like your thinking... i used the yell quite a few times for a victory lol

vinny422 04-23-2006 12:11 AM

00o0o and jsut one last thing.. what does the number of ports do to the engine ?

mosavage 04-23-2006 01:57 AM

it has 9 ports. i like ur sig buddy,lol u wish, a mgt is a wannabe savage:D

Bash-m-up 04-23-2006 03:08 AM

Generally speaking the more ports the more rpms and available power in a broader rpm range. This is really important in a long track as torque really won't make much difference. The less ports the more torque you will have. Too SH did have initial problems with the conrod and have rectified this now. I had many gallons on mine with zero issues. Too, my LST has the LRP spec 2 in it at this time and is a beast as well in the mid range area, top end is good as well but the take off does suffer a bit. The new LST2 mach engine I can say is a good engine from what I have seen, it is a noticable difference between the old to new in the LST's. I wish mine would have that when I got it. Also the LRP spec 2 and the SH-pro w/red heat sink are identical engines, didn't know this till I seen my buddies and we made a comparison and did a little research. So if I were going to go with the LRP I think I'd try saving a little $$ by going the SH route. But that's just me. As far as your sig goes....well....I do still have my Savage, but the MGT has since been long gone. LOL Nah, they are both really good trucks.;)

vinny422 04-23-2006 09:08 AM

can anyone post a link for the sh and sts engines ?

vinny422 04-23-2006 12:28 PM

how does everyone feel about the ofna force .32 in the mgt ?

FE_Chris 04-23-2006 02:46 PM

you guys want a ballsy engine that wont break the bank and will last for may gallons. Get a Sportwerks .26 They only run about 130-140 and wow is it powerful.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MAYHEM-ST-SPORTW...QQcmdZViewItem