RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   Best i can buy (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/4250846-best-i-can-buy.html)

absolute_torque 05-07-2006 03:57 PM

Best i can buy

Hey guys, I am from India. I am new to RC world and wish to buy a electric monestor truck kit or RTR which can do over 60 mph or more. In short i want to go for the best and money doesnt matter. I would appreciate any suggestion and help. Thanks in advance.

Cyclic Hardover 05-07-2006 06:10 PM

RE: Best i can buy

Your better off going to the Truck Forum

jettstarblue 05-07-2006 07:45 PM

Q- Is there an electric monster truck that can go 60 mph or more?
A- Yes, any of them that you drop off a high enough building.

depfife 05-07-2006 09:54 PM

I moved this thread here from the Clubhouse. Hopefully you guys will have some answers for absolute_torque.

Rc EnthuSiasTs 05-07-2006 10:19 PM

60 mph might be a little tough, but get a e-maxx, switch the motor for a brushless, and 40 mph is close

RCtruckRacer 05-07-2006 10:46 PM

ORIGINAL: depfife

I moved this thread here from the Clubhouse. Hopefully you guys will have some answers for absolute_torque.
Um.... ok. The first question is why... MT.s don't handle very well, much less at that speed. At 60mph a high COG 1/8th scale vehicle will have a hard time staying on the ground!!

bauerbach 05-07-2006 10:49 PM

heh 60mph electric MT.

SIGN ME UP!!!

might atleast look at a buggy. has less rolling resistance... though still any offroad truck doing 60mph is gonna be so geared out itll take a airport runway to get up to speed.

Timmahh 05-07-2006 11:27 PM

anything electric rtr will get to 30 maybe 35 in the MT catagor, onroad you can get maybe over 40 with electric, you want GAS, not nitro but GAS.. if you want an MT that can have a possible chance of makeing 60mph, then you need to look at a top shelf unit like the FG Monster Trucks. if money isnt an object, then the 1500.00 base starting price for a stock FG Monster Truck will get you headed in the right direction.. pull the Zenoha 26 gass engine and mod in a 40 or 50 cc gasser, mix some 40:1 gal/oil mix. add some aftermarket tranny gears/ and diffs, and tires/rims. balance the entire truck and 60 will be right there.... other than that. get a 1/6th or 1/5th buggy and mod it up from there.
Timmahh

dracy69 05-08-2006 08:16 AM

you can MAYBE get an electric to 50.......thats with really good batteries, awesome motors and esc's that can handle them, and all the driveline stuff to handle them.

Wide Open 05-08-2006 08:25 AM

your best bet for a very fast electric would be brushless, which requires mods after you buy it. an mt isnt meant so much for speed, but torque and power to climb things and run things over.;)