RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   losi aftershock or tmaxx?? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/6918818-losi-aftershock-tmaxx.html)

tmaxx_man87 01-16-2008 07:14 PM

losi aftershock or tmaxx??

a guy wants to trade me for a losi aftershock its stock with a couple extra parts and half gallon of fuel through.... what do you think??

cujoman 01-16-2008 07:18 PM

RE: losi aftershock or tmaxx??

if its for a tmaxx 3.3 forget it, i would keep it. but if it's for an old one, go for it. just because the tmaxx 3.3 is more expensive than the aftershock. how ever you probably know that the aftershock is really a LST with less quality parts.... so it would be pretty durable!

dapro 01-16-2008 08:05 PM

The Aftershock is a LST, not less quality, it is a LST.....junk the Tmaxx and get the Shock

Muggy250r 01-16-2008 08:46 PM

i would if it is nice... anything is better than a tmaxx lol jp

SaVaGe MaN SS 01-16-2008 11:58 PM

aftershock all the way.

LosiMadMan 01-17-2008 04:06 AM

ORIGINAL: SaVaGe MaN SS

aftershock all the way.

binaryterror 01-17-2008 10:31 AM

The LST, Aftershock, MegaBaja, Raminator are all based on the LST1 and are much weaker than an LST2 that is a proven fact.

The TMAXX 3.3 is much stronger than a 2.5 or older one.

Personally what are you going to do. Both trucks are ok at what they do. For having something new it might be worth a trade, but in all honesty if I were you I'd look to either a Revo or LST2 as both of those are far better than a Tmaxx or an LST1 variant.

dapro 01-17-2008 11:17 AM

the arms, and axles are the weak differences....I still bash hard with my shock and hardly break anything....I have seen plenty of Tmaxx owners sinking money into that bottomless pit...I sell and work on Tmaxx's all week, so I know what it takes to make them somewhat bash worthy.

hajile1997 01-18-2008 09:24 AM

ORIGINAL: dapro

The Aftershock is a LST, not less quality, it is a LST.....junk the Tmaxx and get the Shock

I would go with the Tmaxx...I have owned both and the Aftershock IS a cheaper, lesser version of the LST2 and not even as good as the original LST1's were. Yeah the suspension/shocks were great but it never gave me a chance to see em in action as the drivetrain and engine were trash......

My 3.3 was as bashworthy as needed and never gave me a problem in that area..The aftershock I had was total garbage and it was NIB and never ran and I had all kinds of issues with it. I got rid of that thing quickly......Go with the T even if it is the old one....