RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   Mounting Nitro AirPlane Engines in Monster Trucks?? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/6944800-mounting-nitro-airplane-engines-monster-trucks.html)

oneplanenut 01-21-2008 02:05 PM

Mounting Nitro AirPlane Engines in Monster Trucks??

Hello everyone,

Just like the topic says, has anyone ever mounted an R/C Plane glow engine in a Monster Truck chassis? Is there any parts available to make this happen?

I got a bunch of aircraft engines (O.S .46 - .61 size) that I was thinking of mounting on a monster truck chassis..

any info on this would be appreciated..

Thanks!!

atv_motocross#38 01-21-2008 02:24 PM

RE: Mounting Nitro AirPlane Engines in Monster Trucks??

I have heard of this before. I doubt you would be able to buy a mounting braket for it, it would have to be home made.

oneplanenut 01-21-2008 02:28 PM

well the mounting bracket is not what i'm concerned with.. it's the clutch assembly that would bolt onto the endshaft.. i have engine mounts i can use to mount the engine..

rcnitrohead 01-21-2008 03:32 PM

There have been many setups using airplane 4 strokes, most common in Savages, but I've seen them in Revo's and whatnot... I'm sure some1 who has done it will post soon:)

oneplanenut 01-21-2008 08:09 PM

rcnitrohead, I'm not talking about 4stroke plane engines, i'm talking about 2 stroke plane engines lol i have a couple .61 size engines here that i would like to mount in a monster truck chassis.

rcnitrohead 01-21-2008 10:31 PM

Ah sorry about that[:@] I'm still sure some1 has done it though... Post up guys!;)

zeddfirstwizard 01-22-2008 02:59 AM

Never heard of it but I mod like hell and I'm sure somebody here has done it. But wouldnt you need A bigger head as the engine would over heat easier wouldnt it? And I would think the engine would not last to awful long anyway as the rpm's are so much different my engine revs to 35000 rpm your motor goes how high? Maybe it would work who knows hell everybody told me I couldnt put A jato 2-speed in A rustler but I did it! So good luck!!!

oneplanenut 01-22-2008 11:05 AM

i didn't think it would be so much of a problem, didn't ThunderTiger put out a 70 engine in a truck years back? i remember seeing that ThunderTiger 70 truck ripping around at the local r/c track and it had tons of power.. Why couldn't I use the clutch assembly off that 70 engine onto one of my .61 ? or am I way off here?