RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   Revo 3.3 to Savage X 4.6 (RTR) Comparison (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/6993432-revo-3-3-savage-x-4-6-rtr-comparison.html)

ModifiedMaxx 01-29-2008 09:58 PM

Revo 3.3 to Savage X 4.6 (RTR) Comparison

I have seen alot of these around, I was tempted to get a Revo 3.3 and just put a Resonator tuned pipe on, but then the Savage x 4.6 RTR version came out, the are both fast and they both seem like good trucks. Im wondering which ones better.
I like to bash but already have a bash truck, but unfortanatley its undergoing tuning.i want to have a good bash truck and
a truck that is good at the track. is a savage any good at the track and is a revo any good at bashing? also which one is more pupular, they seem about even.

nitro.rc.racer 01-29-2008 10:18 PM

RE: Revo 3.3 to Savage X 4.6 (RTR) Comparison

Id say the savage is more popular the revo is definatly better at the track and the savage is better at bashing but you improve the savages track preformance by buying a wing conversion kit and losi muggy,or lst2 shocks the muggy shocks are cheaper because their plastic but that helps alot with track preformance with the savage

vge 01-29-2008 11:10 PM

I say hop on that Revo 3.3. You wont be disappointed. The Revo makes a nice back yard basher, extremely easy to work on. It is amazing to race, and there are lots of hop ups for them.

beer=food 01-30-2008 08:18 AM

Get a revo, for sure, they handle better, bash in my opinion better, the savage is a chunk of a pig, strong yes, but then so are revo's, people recon there not as strong, but none of them same people have shown me there video of them doing virticle jumps onto concrete yet, my revo, been there done that , no breakages, if you want to race, get a revo, or get owned.
The 4.6 will pretty much be as fast as the revo, my savage is a 3.5 not quite the same, my revo kills it, an engine upgrade in a revo after you kill the 3.3 will require a shaft upgrade too, thats the down side of teh revo in my opinion, its still the better truck, especially for racing, the handling wins it hands down for the revo, and as for damages, when l smahed my savage, it cost me a shock and everything, l hjavent had that sort of damage to the revo yet but if it were to happen, l bent a rod instead of smashing a shock, much cheaper fix.
Get a revo ! here come the savy bashers ! l just got another truggy, a cheap and nasty inferno ST, just for an experiment, LOL later........

whipnet 01-30-2008 08:44 AM

In my circle, the Savages are always the last running in a bashfest....ALWAYS, but slower on the track vs. Revo due to handling.

vge 01-30-2008 09:02 AM

Well chief look at it like this...Ever wonder why in the RCU classifieds you see so many Savages and so little LST2's or even LST's for that matter. Then the rare chance you see someone getting rid of a LST series truck they are moving up to 5th scale and not another large 8th scale. You probably see a Savage or two posted every day. More even than Revo 3.3's. When you do see a Revo they are moving up to a larger scale LST or Savage. Not because they don't like them. Savages are one of those trucks that your either gonnna love it or hate it. Me I hated mine. But the LST2 everyone that gets them seems to Love them. Same with the Revo's. People just love Revo's.

rob123 01-30-2008 09:43 AM

Revo and Savage are both great trucks, But No can tell me that a revo is a racer and not a basher. The revo can be just as good of a basher as anything else. Just like the savage can be just as good of a racer as anything else. I have seen the savage race many times and it can run with the best of them. Bottom line is, It just balls down to you knowing what your doing and you knowing what you want to do with it, When you have it. :D

ModifiedMaxx 01-30-2008 09:10 PM

"Bottom line is, It just balls down to you knowing what your doing and you knowing what you want to do with it, When you have it." LOL! I plan to have a backup truck for my bash truck, i want to race and bash at the same time, but not a heavy bash with like 3 and a half foot jumps and like SERIOUS air. no not that. I mainly want one to race, but if i bash it i dont want it to bottom out

rob123 01-31-2008 07:35 AM

You could try a aftershock, Raminator, Baja bug, Or Lst2. You could also try a mgt4.6 or 8.0, You could also try a tamiya tnx5.2r. You could also try a revo3.3 or tmaxx3.3, You could try a Savage x 4.6 or a Cen gst7.7 or Nemesis7.7, You could try a Duratrax warhead evo. Its all up to you!!!!!:D

ModifiedMaxx 01-31-2008 08:12 PM

I know its all up to me but im just wonderin what you guys that have owned them or seen them race together think of each one because you know i dont want to spend a bunch of money on something i dont like, its like spending 5 grand on a barbie doll set with everything thing included with a bike, scooter and all LOL!!

KILL--ROY 02-01-2008 04:51 PM

Racing = Revo
Beating the hell out of my truck, with a big grin on my ugly face = SAVAGE

!jAsOfRaW! 02-02-2008 05:33 AM

ORIGINAL: KILL--ROY

Racing = Revo
Beating the hell out of my truck, with a big grin on my ugly face = SAVAGE
Yep youre exactly rite!
I would personnaly get a Savage X 4.6 if you want to bash and race. A revo cant handle a bash but a savage definally can. A savage can also be converted with a few hop ups to be a racer. Ive got a Savage racer and another Savage as a basher but you can have one truck for both.

vge 02-02-2008 08:54 AM

I had a savage x and i have a revo 3.3. What I can tell you if you have any plans what so ever on racing. A revo will dust the boots off a Savage in a real race if set up correctly. Also a revo can be a good basher. Plus it's much much easier to work on.

IL2mSturmovik 02-02-2008 11:44 PM

Savages have no place on the racetrack.
LST2=racer/basher/etc best truck you can buy

bigairlife 02-03-2008 12:25 AM

Noooo. What about an lst2!!! They're great bashers plus they perform very well on the track. If you cant swing the price of a lst2, then go for an aftershock. Thats just what i did, and it's a great truck! =-]

MadManAndrew 02-03-2008 12:59 AM

Guys, I have a Savy 4.6 and my dad has a Revo 3.3.I WILL TELL YOU FROM EXPERIENCE ONE IS JUST AS FAST AS THE OTHER.But,the Revo is not near as durable.My dad has had nothing but problems with the Revo since he got it.Then on my hand,the only problem iv had with Savage is the steering servo getting stripped but I fixed that with metal servo gears.Also,for Beer=Food,yes I have landed on concrete,we both have.My dad snapped the tie rods that hold the Back wheels straight and I landed and kept going.
Also,its not that hard to make the Savage just as good on the track as the Revo.Put on longer suspension arms,smaller shocks,and a wing.This will way decrease the roll over rate.
Another thing,the E-Z Start on the Revo ways it down and costs you tons of money.My dad has replaced the one way bearing in the roto start 3 times now.Those things are $22 each.Now hes saying he going to amke an adapter so he can use a roto-start like mine.
Flat out,the Savage has more potential than the Revo,Your options are basher,Track truck, or backyard truck for Savage but for the Revo,wide open spaces only!

ModifiedMaxx 02-03-2008 01:23 AM

Yeah I have been looking foward to a Savage X 4.6 RTR , I have seen one at Hobbytown USA

SaVaGe MaN SS 02-03-2008 04:48 PM

ORIGINAL: nitro.rc.racer

Id say the savage is more popular the revo is definatly better at the track and the savage is better at bashing but you improve the savages track preformance by buying a wing conversion kit and losi muggy,or lst2 shocks the muggy shocks are cheaper because their plastic but that helps alot with track preformance with the savage
and a fastlane lcg kit.

SaVaGe MaN SS 02-03-2008 04:50 PM

if you want a great all around truck get an lst2.

rcnitrohead 02-03-2008 05:47 PM

Savage can race, it just needs some mods. CF turnuckles are in now, waiting for money to buy CF towers and buy hellfire shocks...