RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   Warhead Evo Receiver Question (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/7023956-warhead-evo-receiver-question.html)

cdh9400t 02-04-2008 05:44 PM

Warhead Evo Receiver Question

HI my friend just got a new warhead evo and the batteries for the receiver and servos dont seem to last long at all. After only a few tanks of fuel the steering wont turn under the trucks weight and even the throttle response is delayed. Is there any thing that could be done? at this rate he will have to buy stock in a battery company....

guver 02-04-2008 05:55 PM

RE: Warhead Evo Receiver Question

How about using rechargeable AA's?

HSVXU6 02-04-2008 06:04 PM

Hi cdh9400t, do as guver said and go with rechargeables, I use lipos, buy a balance charger fo $15.00 and slow charge them, check all the servos and links to make sure that the servos are not working hard trying to move tight links, tight links and what have you will kill batteries real quick.

wave waker 02-04-2008 06:23 PM

i'm using 6v 3000 nimh humppack battery, enough for fun,,and quick charger in hand is great to have too.

davido666 02-04-2008 08:19 PM

ORIGINAL: cdh9400t

HI my friend just got a new warhead evo and the batteries for the receiver and servos dont seem to last long at all. After only a few tanks of fuel the steering wont turn under the trucks weight and even the throttle response is delayed. Is there any thing that could be done? at this rate he will have to buy stock in a battery company....
Buy a hump pack with the highest mah rating you can find. I had the same problem when I got my warhead. If your good with a soldering iron build your own and mount it outside the battery box. I went to walmart and bought the highest nimh duracels and solder 5 together. You make it look like an oversized hump pack but it lasts. Use solder past and some wire. I cut the red end off an old battery pack. Make sure you get the polarity correct. I used my hump pack charger to recharge it. If you don't want to build one ebay for the best prices for hump packs and charger combos.

keeblerelf 02-04-2008 08:57 PM

The thing that kills the life of batteries in the Warhead is the servo that controls forward/reverse. It's always active because it's putting pressure on the lever into the transmission. If you don't mind not having reverse, for a quick fix, I would disconnect that servo from the RX and cable tie the servo in place so that it is applying pressure to the lever towards the transmission. I did this until I ordered the forward-only shaft, and it worked great! =)

gregmiller06 02-05-2008 11:51 AM

i have the same problem but i changed the batteries and the same thing,hard to turn or only turns one way, i found out if i losen up the screw at the bottom skid plate the screw for the servo saver i turns a little i realy dont want to lose the screw any tips,

davido666 02-05-2008 01:37 PM

ORIGINAL: gregmiller06

i have the same problem but i changed the batteries and the same thing,hard to turn or only turns one way, i found out if i losen up the screw at the bottom skid plate the screw for the servo saver i turns a little i realy dont want to lose the screw any tips,
I you have to loosen the screw I would take the steering assembly apart and clean out the shafts. If you get a lot of dirt in them they will bind.

gregmiller06 02-05-2008 02:05 PM

it seems everything is clean ive taken everything apart greased the shaft put it back together new batt and the tightn the screw and the same thing i dont know what to do this has never happened to me ive been driving nitro/ele for about ten years and never once happened any more ideas to try

ssllc902 02-05-2008 05:27 PM

i bought a orion hump pack and can blast around for hours it seems. Get 2 of thouse for around $30 bucks a peice.

gregmiller06 02-05-2008 05:50 PM

another problem im haveing is when i give it gas my servo will flucuate back and forth should i change the servo or what do you think it iswhat should i do