RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   Which Monster should I get (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/7031325-monster-should-i-get.html)

dman1101 02-05-2008 11:18 PM

Which Monster should I get

Which Monster should I get. I'm only really going to be bashing. I'm looking at the monster gt4.6, losi Raminator, and the savage x4.6. Any help would be great please give me pros and cons of each if you could? I want something fast and strong not much breakage also quick so I can rip wheelies, you know all that bashing fun stuff planning on useing it at bmx tracks and skateparks so it needs to stand up to abuse.

jessemxt 02-05-2008 11:30 PM

RE: Which Monster should I get

Which ever one you feel would best suit your needs. The Raminator has DSM and digital servos.

IL2mSturmovik 02-05-2008 11:40 PM

LST2

bigairlife 02-05-2008 11:56 PM

Aft or lst2 are the 2 best. I got the aftershock instead of the raminator, but i'm going to upgade pretty much everything...

But get a ram if you really like it. Losi's monsters are great!!

hilifemt 02-05-2008 11:56 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CT-7ygFhT4
Monster GT 4.6. RPM arms in the front

nitro.rc.racer 02-06-2008 03:19 AM

ORIGINAL: bigairlife

Aft or lst2 are the 2 best. I got the aftershock instead of the raminator, but i'm going to upgade pretty much everything...

I dont think the person asked about the lst2

HerrSavage 02-06-2008 05:06 AM

ORIGINAL: hilifemt

Nice vid... [sm=thumbup.gif]

Ingen28 02-06-2008 09:20 AM

I have a MGT 4.6 and i really like it, nut the engine has been kinda temeermental (i did get it used). The simplicity and pure rugidness of this truck is what i like. I havent driven the Raminator (which is basicly an after shock or a stripped down LST) but i dont like the chassis layout of the savage. That is just my opinion but the savage is one very tough truck! You will be happy with any of the three. Personally i would lean towards the after shock but that may be becouse that will be my next truck [:-]

rob123 02-06-2008 09:29 AM

Savage x4.6!!!!!:D

ssllc902 02-06-2008 10:21 AM

ORIGINAL: PatrickBW

Nice vid... [sm=thumbup.gif]
Is the engine in this vid stock? If so I wish I got that truck in stead of the warhead.

ssllc902 02-06-2008 10:24 AM

And holly crap it takes a beating from h e double hockey sticks!!!

hilifemt 02-06-2008 12:03 PM

Thanks Patrick and ssllc902. that's the stock .28 engine!

On a side note, I asked the HBC guy in the video forum what he thinks about MT's, he just PM'd me and said the LST2 is the best for sure. Now that is an opinion I trust. Them dudes have done everything possible with MT's

the aftershock though, Is not even close to the LST2, I bashed with a Shock twice and both times it never made it past 1 tank. but im sure they are okay. I'd get a MGT over a aftershock any day.

KILL--ROY 02-06-2008 03:56 PM

The Savage rules the bashing grounds.:)

dman1101 02-06-2008 10:08 PM

Any other Monsters anyone would recommend like warhead evo, monster gt 8.0, xtm monster mt. Any other help would be great I want something quick and durable, wheelies are a plus

IL2mSturmovik 02-06-2008 10:36 PM

Thanks Patrick and ssllc902. that's the stock .28 engine!

On a side note, I asked the HBC guy in the video forum what he thinks about MT's, he just PM'd me and said the LST2 is the best for sure. Now that is an opinion I trust. Them dudes have done everything possible with MT's

the aftershock though, Is not even close to the LST2, I bashed with a Shock twice and both times it never made it past 1 tank. but im sure they are okay. I'd get a MGT over a aftershock any day.

I did a ludicrous amount of research before I decided on a LST2, and I couldnt be any happier with it!:D
Racer, basher, crawler, whatever you want, it can do well!

rclynx 02-07-2008 07:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't Like the LST probably because of the people who distribute them (not the sellers) but here is a sweet unit I overhauled and put titanium gears on and a custome paint job.

muddog 02-07-2008 06:09 PM

The Raminator is not going to stand up to the abuse I saw in that video. I've put my Aftershoch through some similar jumping but on hard dirt so maybe it's not a fair comparison but the a-arms did not stand up. the LST 2 has stronger A-arms I think The LST based trucks (which includes the Raminator) handle way better than the other 2 but need beefed up like the LST 2 is. The LST 2 has stronger arms axles and more. I have to say the Revo is a tough fast and good handling truck. Truggies have taken over at the track so if you ever want to race that might be the way to go, someting like the 8T.

SaVaGe MaN SS 02-07-2008 08:43 PM

ORIGINAL: nitro.rc.racer

ORIGINAL: bigairlife

I dont think the person asked about the lst2
the lst2 is a great all around truck. why buy a raminator and put money into it down the road to make it an lst2 he's better off buying the best, so down the road he isnt constanly upgrading.

SaVaGe MaN SS 02-07-2008 08:45 PM

what your bugget anyway ? i dont think he's going to want to buy an all out race truggy to bash with for $850 :eek:

dman1101 02-08-2008 10:56 AM

somewhere around 500 i'm not planning on racing at all i have an rc10t for that, the monster is strictly for bashing, so no truggy.

hilifemt 02-08-2008 11:00 AM

If it's strictly for bashing, I would get the new 5.9 savage, MGT(any version), or LST2, not in that order. the choice is yours. Personally, i'd try the LST2. it's a hard choice now with the new trucks out, when speaking in bashing terms. when it comes to racing, imo there are only 2 trucks to consider.

baboso 02-08-2008 11:01 AM

get the new savage in april looks like a bigger and heavily upgraded 4.6 savage[>:]

SaVaGe MaN SS 02-08-2008 03:14 PM

ORIGINAL: baboso

get the new savage in april looks like a bigger and heavily upgraded 4.6 savage[>:]
i like how they put an extended lcg tvp's on it

[email protected] 02-08-2008 04:54 PM

Did you make that vid? that was awsome! I was running last year in the snow and burned out my steering servo and could not keep water out of the air filter[:@] locked the engine up one time the snow was real lite and got in the body. It is so cool running in the snow but cost me to much cause I'm stupid[&:].

I have the mgt and it works very well for me, I can get parts at the LHS for all my trucks and my two best are the mgt and lst2. Savage is ok but I have the X and it's very slow and poor handling. it's good for crazy type jumps because it is tuff as nails:D.

hilifemt 02-08-2008 05:21 PM

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

Did you make that vid? that was awsome! I was running last year in the snow and burned out my steering servo and could not keep water out of the air filter[:@] locked the engine up one time the snow was real lite and got in the body. It is so cool running in the snow but cost me to much cause I'm stupid[&:].

I have the mgt and it works very well for me, I can get parts at the LHS for all my trucks and my two best are the mgt and lst2. Savage is ok but I have the X and it's very slow and poor handling. it's good for crazy type jumps because it is tuff as nails:D.
Thanks for the compliment man! That's a video I made of a few bash sessions I had the last 3 weeks. This is my first winter with the truck and I really like snow bashing. It's fun. all I did to winterize it was grease the servo horns and ballooned the receiver. so far so good.(knock on wood):)

The MGT is the only nitro I have ever owned, but I would really love to try a LST2. Ive heard nothing but great things about them.