RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   T-Maxx 2.5 or Savage 21 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/706380-t-maxx-2-5-savage-21-a.html)

hector4444 04-19-2003 03:11 AM

T-Maxx 2.5 or Savage 21

hey guys i was wondering if you guys can tell me which truck i should get. i have the money to buy only one but im undesideble on which one i should get. I know each have there special things but if you guy can tell me from experionse i dont want to regret wat i buy

P.S. i know the Savage goes slower than the t-maxx but does it have more torck or what is it

LandShark 04-19-2003 02:06 PM

T-Maxx 2.5 or Savage 21

omfg, this topic again.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...40&forumid=216

same topic, again and againn

hitler75 04-21-2003 01:42 AM

T-Maxx 2.5 or Savage 21

Quit thinking about either cars... get the dirt demon with a .26 engine... you deserve more power with your investment :D

savageone 04-21-2003 10:41 PM

T-Maxx 2.5 or Savage 21

Dirt Demon? Do you have one hitler?

adeoliver 04-21-2003 10:59 PM

T-Maxx 2.5 or Savage 21

Buy both trucks!! Put them both on layaway, and pay them off the same day. Well that is if your buying from a local hobby shop!!

But if you cant wait, just buy a savage, that way I will have another person to argue with J/K LOL!!

Just make your own choice, what you think looks and sounds better!! But most of all have a blast when you get one!!

savageone 04-21-2003 11:01 PM

T-Maxx 2.5 or Savage 21

lol Both trucks - works for me! I can't imagine life without either of them.

eletrick 04-22-2003 12:04 AM

T-Maxx 2.5 or Savage 21

After having both for a while, they both have there issues. Right now the five tmax's in our group have all come down with the Tmax Flu....ie.....engine failure. They all have about 3 gallons of fuel in them and Traxxas said its a rebuild issue. Other than that, they have been rock solid. But, other than normal wear, they have been aok.

The savage's in our group, have only a little over a gallon each in them, and are still great, without any issues engine wise at this time. However, the a-arms have been braking like they are free.

At this point I kinda like the savage better. But after we get past the few gallon fuel point, I'll let you know. I would have thought the Tmax would have lasted a bit longer than that, our trx15's were bullet proof. The new race engine seems to not last as long!

but thats just my opinion.

Richard Newman

grampi 04-22-2003 12:27 AM

T-Maxx 2.5 or Savage 21

Originally posted by eletrick
After having both for a while, they both have there issues. Right now the five tmax's in our group have all come down with the Tmax Flu....ie.....engine failure. They all have about 3 gallons of fuel in them and Traxxas said its a rebuild issue. Other than that, they have been rock solid. But, other than normal wear, they have been aok.

The savage's in our group, have only a little over a gallon each in them, and are still great, without any issues engine wise at this time. However, the a-arms have been braking like they are free.

At this point I kinda like the savage better. But after we get past the few gallon fuel point, I'll let you know. I would have thought the Tmax would have lasted a bit longer than that, our trx15's were bullet proof. The new race engine seems to not last as long!

but thats just my opinion.

Richard Newman

That's the perfect excuse to drop in a Sirio .18!

berniem 10-26-2003 07:19 AM

RE: T-Maxx 2.5 or Savage 21

Hi Guys I'm looking for a slide carb for a 2.5. Can anyone help? I'm new at this nitro car stuff.

studysession 10-26-2003 07:55 AM

I have 2 TMaxx 2.5's - My wifes loves them as they are hers. I have to fix them all the time. I would not recommend them at all unless you plan on sinking money into it to make it more durable....

Go for the Savage... Or better yet - get a 1/8 scale buggy.....

j-maxx 10-26-2003 06:45 PM

t-maxx ,savage 25 or savage ss these are ur top choices the d.d. imo doesnt have any support from the aftermarket or any lhs for spare parts

caseyddr 10-26-2003 06:57 PM

god who caresif it has Aftermarket support... anyways you revived an OLD topic.

j-maxx 10-26-2003 07:04 PM

if nto even goin to waist my time with u casey anyways its really savage25 savagess or t-maxx