RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   Hobbico high torque servo (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/707373-hobbico-high-torque-servo.html)

grampi 04-19-2003 07:28 PM

Hobbico high torque servo

I just installed a Hobbico high torque servo (106 in. oz.) in my T-Maxx today. Wow, what a difference! This thing will turn the wheels from stop to stop while the Maxx is sitting still. The Traxxas servo would barely move the wheels when the truck wasn't moving. This thing's got some serious power!

savageone 04-21-2003 11:09 PM

How much spent?

grampi 04-22-2003 12:06 AM

$40 at Tower.

adeoliver 04-22-2003 12:16 AM

Ya My buddy got one of them with a used truck he bought!! A gear was stripped but man was that thing fast, I couldnt beleive it, even with the broken gear that sucker could move them tires and fast!! Not quite as fast as my 5945 but for a low grade servo damn!! Very wise choice, but to bad you didnt spend that on a Nova head for you 2.5!! HeHe J/K

grampi 04-22-2003 12:21 AM

Looks like I might not have any other choice but to order a Nova head. Traxxas seems to be hoarding all their spare parts as well as their kits. I can't find a Traxxas head for the 2.5 anywhere. If I want to run my Maxx at all this summer I might just have to buy that Nova.

PigMan Buggerus 04-22-2003 12:28 AM

What's a nova head get you? More power or same just different look?

grampi 04-22-2003 12:30 AM

They're supposed to be much more efficient at cooling. In my case, it would also get me a head that isn't leaking compression.

PigMan Buggerus 04-22-2003 12:34 AM

Shouldn't your head be covered under warranty? Didn't you just get this truck? Also, is there a problem with cooling with the stock head?

adeoliver 04-22-2003 12:35 AM

LOL in short, the nova head will decrease temps by 40%, thus allowing you to run leaner settings with out over heating the engine.

He He, you will not regret it!!

grampi 04-22-2003 01:01 AM

Originally posted by PigMan Buggerus
Shouldn't your head be covered under warranty? Didn't you just get this truck? Also, is there a problem with cooling with the stock head?
Mine was brand new in the box, but since I bought it from a private owner and not a retailer, Traxxas won't honor the warranty. I don't know of any cooling problems with the stock head, but there's never anything wrong with a more efficient one. Remember, heat kills! I just ordered the Nova head. There's no telling how long I would have to wait for a Traxxas head.