RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   savage (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/710071-savage.html)

BUSH-MASTER 04-20-2003 11:36 PM

savage

a few words/thoughts on a savage;
crashs id rate excellent have had many high speed cartwheel rolls and end overs no broken parts the shock towers and a arms are great.
servos are garbage
brake is garbage
2speed trans is finicky
broken dog bones [stock ones. have chromed ones but would rather brake dogbones than gears
s tripped plastic spur gear
installed hot bodies pipe and raced stock savage on asphalt and on baseball diamond high end is faster than a stocker

packfan88 04-21-2003 12:02 AM

savage

any problem stripping rim hubs?

ive read elsewhere thats a common problem.

LandShark 04-21-2003 12:05 AM

savage

if you change to a more powerful engine, be carefull with the wheel hubs

BUSH-MASTER 04-21-2003 12:16 AM

savage

yes rims are starting to strip great my wife is gonna kill me lol

noahb 04-21-2003 03:17 AM

hubs

I have the picco .26 and have not broken anything. I have the HD dog bones. I tighten the nuts for the wheels everytime I fill up. It's kind of a pain in the rear, but I have yet to strip them. I also glued the hex in with epoxy. I just used a little bit, and then bolted the hubs up. The epoxy takes up the diff between the hub and hex nut. Works pretty good so far. I did break the bell crank for the throttle tonight. I just made one from a old one I had. I was going to buy some big joes, but decided against it cause right now I am not breaking anything and I think with the extra weight and traction I would start to mess stuff up. I run my slipper ever so slight loose, it will still wheelie, but not as bad only if it has pretty good traction, where as before when it was tight, it would wheelie just about anytime.

littlepiston 04-21-2003 03:27 AM

savage

his savage rocks man !! (NOAHB) that think realy came alive with the picco engine , it is l;ike an 1/10 scale rc10gt except its an MT
it goes anywere and dose anything Cartwheel!!! for ever he bout extra parts that are still in the bags!!! this truck is tough!!
he brock a freaking bellcrank for the throttle!! danm if you think that is bracking somthing i dont know what you expect from a MT!
\personly i think i broke the bell crank when i went over it with my titan but dont tell him!!!heheheh he he got in my way and he dont like to sport the body them big tires just tair ***** up!!

noahb 04-21-2003 03:31 AM

little piston

Yeah, you better replace the bell crank. In fact, when you place your order for all those parts you been breaking, get me the $3 bell crank...hehehe.
I guess flying airplanes came in handy...having that bell crank. I sucks living in a small town without a hobby shop....

littlepiston 04-21-2003 03:34 AM

savage

you think it !! yeah i bet it was me that broke it remember i went over it from that side?? how else