RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   Here it is, Traxxas's Rock Crawler... The Summit! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/8053988-here-traxxass-rock-crawler-summit.html)

Dale Gribble 10-16-2008 09:30 AM

Here it is, Traxxas's Rock Crawler... The Summit!

http://www.traxxas.com/products/elec...ges/splash.jpg

[link=http://www.traxxas.com/products/electric/summit5610/trx_summit5610.htm]Traxxas Summit[/link]

Remote locking differentials, 10 stock LEDs, beadlocks, full cage, 775 Titan motor! Wow. Those remote locking diffs sound AWESOME!

Dale Gribble 10-16-2008 09:34 AM

RE: Here it is, Traxxas's Rock Crawler... The Summit!

http://www.traxxas.com/products/elec...ugh_img_02.jpg

webdr 10-16-2008 09:38 AM

Not at all what I imagined...this is much cooler!

Dale Gribble 10-16-2008 09:45 AM

I am curious how a truck like this fits into current rock crawling classes.. I would guess that it doesn't right now. Maybe these will fall into an unlimited class or a class yet to be invented? I can't wait for video...

KRO 10-16-2008 09:50 AM

HOLY @#$%^&^&* ! Thats pretty frickin cool ! I didnt realize it was gonna be REVO based !

Dale Gribble 10-16-2008 09:56 AM

You, guys watch that intro video... holy crap...

binaryterror 10-16-2008 10:23 AM

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

I am curious how a truck like this fits into current rock crawling classes.. I would guess that it doesn't right now. Maybe these will fall into an unlimited class or a class yet to be invented? I can't wait for video...
It fits into the Super class: New 3.8" Geodeā„¢ wheels with beadlock-style sidewall protectors mount securely to aluminum 17mm hex hubs

It's sad its just a Revo, it's not a crawler its a basher.

webdr 10-16-2008 10:33 AM

ORIGINAL: binaryterror

A 70:1 gear ratio and fully locked axles defines it as a crawler. 25:1 gears and unlocked axles defines it as a basher.

I think its safe to say its both;)

mapcinq 10-16-2008 10:41 AM

I love it, will most likely be buying one once I fix my stampede and rc18t

sheograth 10-16-2008 11:07 AM

Does look quite cool

EDIT: It doesn't have solid axles? It won't crawl too well.... At least the diffs lock.

I still like it though. Single motor, transmitter activated transmission....

TC4JW 10-16-2008 11:20 AM

I would like to see a nitro version.

sheograth 10-16-2008 11:23 AM

Definitely more versatile than most any other electric monster truck. Moderate crawling/climbing and high speed bashing without making changes seems fun - great for urban terrain.

Dale Gribble 10-16-2008 11:28 AM

There are some things I would like to do with a basher that I haven't... That is where the Summit comes in. Climbing stairs? Climbing over a fallen log? Locking and unlocking diffs? Turning a bunch of LEDs on at dusk? I agree the versatility is what sets it apart, though I am wondering if this truck has any place in the rising ranks of rock crawling throughout the country. The thing has mega articulation, locked diffs, and a reasonably low COG. I don't think a crawler needs solid axles to be a crawler...

I have been reading other forums to see what true rock crawlers are saying... Not much yet.

Beasley1 10-16-2008 11:53 AM

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

You, guys watch that intro video... holy crap...
You have a link? I couldnt find it.[:o]

robwiljas 10-16-2008 11:59 AM

Ok I'm not really a traxxas fan but that it the most awesome R/C truck I've ever seen.

Dale Gribble 10-16-2008 12:00 PM

Try this

[link=http://www.traxxas.com/products/video/5610summit/5610_01.htm]http://www.traxxas.com/products/video/5610summit/5610_01.htm[/link]

Beasley1 10-16-2008 12:25 PM

Thanks Dale.
That is pretty cool. It looks like it is still pretty quick also when you switch the gear ratios. How much will it sell for do you think? $500 or so?

Dale Gribble 10-16-2008 12:38 PM

I would guess $400-$425 will be the street price.

sheograth 10-16-2008 12:44 PM

The body definitely looks a bit toyish to me, reminds me of all the FJ Cruiser toy R/Cs at Walmart [:@]

binaryterror 10-16-2008 12:49 PM

ORIGINAL: webdr

A 70:1 gear ratio and fully locked axles defines it as a crawler. 25:1 gears and unlocked axles defines it as a basher.

And its lack of solid axles guarantees it to be a basher. Sorry it just won't work nearly as good asa Super class Clod. Never. It dies in the super class because of its lack of rear steering.

I would be willing to bet a large helping of $ that it could not outcrawl my Berg 2.2, which any super should be able to do.

NitroVenom 10-16-2008 12:59 PM

ORIGINAL: sheograth

The body definitely looks a bit toyish to me, reminds me of all the FJ Cruiser toy R/Cs at Walmart [:@]
It does with the platic bumpers and fake cage, but imagine a flat black early 50's body with everything basically dyed black. I'm not to worried about looks because those of course would change if someone (maybe I will) got the truck. I wanna see how it performs for the most part.

Its like an E-revo and a rock crawler put together! I hope its waterproof.:D

Edit: Taking a closer look, I'm not sure how long the actuator will hold up on the t-locker being plastic and all.

04DarkShadowGT 10-16-2008 02:14 PM

Hmm my E-revo may need a buddy depending on the price...

Clymer122693 10-16-2008 02:15 PM

Binary-People have put rear steering on revo's before. The owner of majestic Rc was one of them to do it on his e-revo convert.

webdr 10-16-2008 03:50 PM

And its lack of solid axles guarantees it to be a basher. Sorry it just won't work nearly as good asa Super class Clod. Never. It dies in the super class because of its lack of rear steering.

I would be willing to bet a large helping of $ that it could not outcrawl my Berg 2.2, which any super should be able to do.

The part where you and I see things differently is that you are comparing it to a competition crawler, which it obviously is not. Traxxas isnt going to limit their target audience with a comp vehicle; The Summit is marketed towards bashing/crawling.
Comparing this truck to a super class clodbuster or your Berg 2.2 is not a valid comparison, they are all different vehicles. This seems to happen alot w/ traxxas, people talk bad about the Slash with comments like "The Slash sucks, my CEN Matrix will kill it on the track" when in reality, they are not even in the same class, with the exception that they are both trucks.

take a good look at the Summit. With its lights, independent suspension, 70:1 and 25:1 transmission, and exo-skeleton body, you can pretty much gather it's not made to compete but rather designed for the guy or kid wanting a crawler that can go fast as well... but maybe they will start a spec class for it.;)

Matt

redfisher1974 10-16-2008 03:59 PM

The part where you and I see things differently is that you are comparing it to a competition crawler, which it obviously is not. Traxxas isnt going to limit their target audience with a comp vehicle; The Summit is marketed towards bashing/crawling.
Comparing this truck to a super class clodbuster or your Berg 2.2 is not a valid comparison, they are all different vehicles. This seems to happen alot w/ traxxas, people talk bad about the Slash with comments like "The Slash sucks, my CEN Matrix will kill it on the track" when in reality, they are not even in the same class, with the exception that they are both trucks.

take a good look at the Summit. With its lights, independent suspension, 70:1 and 25:1 transmission, and exo-skeleton body, you can pretty much gather it's not made to compete but rather designed for the guy or kid wanting a crawler that can go fast as well... but maybe they will start a spec class for it.;)

Matt
Well said...Thats why i want one.So i can bash then when i feel like it i can lower the gear ratio and lock the diffs and do some off-roading/crawling.....