RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   OS carb for .26 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/871566-os-carb-26-a.html)

ridethelightnin 06-17-2003 04:13 PM

OS carb for .26

I am looking into replacing the carb on the Picco .26 with an OS carb because the picco carb is a real pain to tune. I have already replaced the LSN with the new one and changed all the orings on both the LSN and HSN. The engine is running much better but still a bit on the hot side. I think I am still getting a airleak on the HSN but that's another story.

I would like to know if there is a OS carb that will fit the .26? I have heard that OS carbs are high quality and hold a tune really well.

If someone knows of any informations on which carb would drop in I would like to know, as well as, the part number.

I checked some other sites and I know OS has both composite carbs and an aluminum carb. I would think the composite carb would be better?

Also, the carb on the picco has a 8mm insert so I would like to keep it the same.

adeoliver 06-17-2003 06:40 PM

OS carb for .26

What is the outside diamiter of the carb that goes in the crank case?? The OD of my 247 is 14mm as well as my Omega carb!! I think ive heard somebody useing a Os carb on the XTM, if your bore is the same size I can look into it, and probably come up with something!!

wpgoins 07-26-2003 06:13 AM

os carb for .26

I put my stock 21bb carb on the picco .26 and it seemed to fit. I have since put the stock pico . 26 carb back on but I am also more intrested in os OS carb replacement. I have heard the same about OS carbs. I read on another forum that the OS 20E carb would fir on the stock 21bb motor but I measured the 21bb carb where it fits into the crank case at 14MM. At Tower Hobbies I pulled up the OS 20E carb and it says Outer Throat diameter is 15MM and Inner Throat diameter is 13MM. I am sure that there is an OS carb that will fit but I am not anctious to spend $70.00 before I am positive about it. Today I will take off the stock Picco carb and measure it. Has anyone ever tried this replacement yet?

wpgoins 07-26-2003 10:49 PM

OS carb for .26

I checked to stock picco carb. I thas the same diameter as the stock 21bb carb (14MM). Any suggestions on which OS carb to get for a replacement?

bubbafien 07-27-2003 01:15 AM

OS carb for .26

the carb that comes with the rzvo1b with the plastic around the bottom will work. you will also need to purchase the adapter for it from ofna.

to install th adapter clean both surfaces very well and JB weld them together.

bubbafien

wpgoins 07-27-2003 09:39 AM

OFNA Carb Sleeve?

I found the carb you mentinoed. Whe you say to get the adapter do you mean the CARB Sleeve? Which one? I found the Sleeve for Chg to OS but it says for the OFNA .21. Is that what you are talking about?

cptbwst 07-27-2003 02:10 PM

OS carb for .26

Forget the carb and buy the Nova head for it. I sent my carb back to Ofna and thet gave me a brand new updated one and the engine still ran hot after I installed the carb.
I had everything sealed and oiled up too! I put another carb on (GS BO1 Carb) it and it still ran hot and also it was harder to tune. I think it is hard to tune because of the temp vapor locking the fuel.
I spent the money on the Nova head And now it is easy to tune and temps are excellent in the 200-230 range. Just make sure you tune by sound and sight then by temp! Best money I have spent on my .26! :D

Kuma 07-27-2003 02:52 PM

OS carb for .26

What's the diameter of the Picco carb, it's 13mm? I'm sure my RG carb (#20E) won't fit it but it fits the Hyper 21, but I think the OS #20A carb might not either (it's 15mm throat) and costs about $100! I'd ask OFNA if they still have the carb exchange program.

But I would get a Nova race head, I'm getting one myself for my GS motor to pretty it up and run cooler.

bubbafien 07-27-2003 06:23 PM

OS carb for .26

i found the sleeve on ofnas web site. i think they said for picco

bubbafien

wpgoins 07-27-2003 06:26 PM

Ofna Adapter

What is the part number?

bubbafien 07-27-2003 06:53 PM

OS carb for .26

the number is

bubbafien