RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   R/c Meet Today 6/22 !!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/886249-r-c-meet-today-6-22-a.html)

Savage_Dias 06-22-2003 04:54 AM

R/c Meet Today 6/22 !!!

I just heard about this a few hours ago or I would've posted earlier.

We're meeting in the K-Mart / Radio Shack area of the mall in Oak Hill, WV between 1 & 4 pm. I don't know if there will be an off road coarse but any & all R/Cs are welcome. I'll be there with my Savage & they're trying to race electric touring cars.

James1701 06-22-2003 01:58 PM

R/c Meet Today 6/22 !!!

:( Dang I wish I would have heard about it earlier or I would be there. Thanks for the update.

Savage_Dias 06-22-2003 10:56 PM

R/c Meet Today 6/22 !!!

I wish you could've made it James1701. We only had 3 people with R/Cs show up & maybe 20 people watching on & off. From what I could tell the whole thing wasn't very organized but we still had a lot of fun. My Savage got a really good bite on the parking lot & I temporarily lost a hex nut.

We're going to give it another try next weekend 6/29 at the Oak Hill Wal Mart. All vehicle types are welcome gas & electric!

James1701 06-22-2003 11:55 PM

R/c Meet Today 6/22 !!!

Well it sounds like you had a good time. Even though not many were there. Have you came up to any of the meets at, I think its, Wall Mart at Cross Lanes. I have not been there yet but I hear they have a lot of people there. If you do it next week get some pics and post it. Next weekend is my shifts at the hospital so I cant make it. But maybe when you guys get together when I'm off, I can join in.

Savage_Dias 06-23-2003 12:11 AM

R/c Meet Today 6/22 !!!

We had fun & might have turned a few people onto the hobby so it was definitely worth the effort. I saw a Savage & a TMaxx for the 1st time in Nitro about 2 months ago during a race. They had 6 or 7 people running One guy got mad enough to literally throw 3 r/cs, toolboxes, & radios into the back of his truck after he blew out his 3rd one way bearing for the day. If anything changes with your work schedule we'll still be there. One guy brought his camera so if we can get it onto a disk I'll find a way to post it.

James1701 06-23-2003 01:35 AM

R/c Meet Today 6/22 !!!

Sounds great. I hope you get to post them. I would love to see what my Sportmaxx can do against your Savage. Are you running stock or started modifying it yet?

Savage_Dias 06-24-2003 12:29 AM

R/c Meet Today 6/22 !!!

I'm stock except for a fuel filter. I'll probably order some new wheels/tires along with the hex nuts that go inside them but those won't help me much performance wise. You?

James1701 06-24-2003 09:11 AM

R/c Meet Today 6/22 !!!

Same here. But first I want to put some money in my Terra Crusher and get it going. But I do have the spool for the rear of my Sport Max but I just have not put it in yet.