RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   Which steering servo to use (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/893418-steering-servo-use.html)

jeemann99 06-24-2003 02:08 PM

Which steering servo to use

I was wondering the best steering servo for a 21 T-Maxx Conversion 80% aluminum with Big Joe's and Velocity 6 rims.

What are you people using who have a similiar set-up? Or any suggestions? I will need the model number and where to buy

I am using stock radio also.

Thanks in advance
Jeemann99

adeoliver 06-24-2003 04:06 PM

If you want good tight steering with those big tires and that heavy truck, you will need a powerful digital servo, I would recomend the Hitec Hs5945 (.13sec & 183oz of torque @ 6volts) this servo has tons of holding power too, something like 300oz.

You can pick 1 up on ebay for about $85 shipped, or you can pick 1 up here for $89.99 + shipping. One of the best things about this servo is not only is it strong, fast and has all metal gear terrain, but its completely sealed from the eliments with 7 rubber seals.

whitexj 06-24-2003 05:07 PM

dont get a hitec they have too many problems. Go with a KO i think theres one with 171oz in of torque and .13sec. Theres one on www.stormerhobbies.com for 89.

jeemann99 06-24-2003 05:43 PM

Servo Choice

I ave decided to go with the Airtronics high torque 200oz. it's like 115 bucks, but I need something strong.

Thanks

matt2 06-25-2003 08:36 PM

so does the steering work better now even on then ground w/o going

RCFreakInFL 06-25-2003 08:48 PM

Re: Servo Choice

Originally posted by jeemann99
I ave decided to go with the Airtronics high torque 200oz. it's like 115 bucks, but I need something strong.

Thanks

I have the exact setup in my MAXX 2.5 with the Big Joe's on the Velocity 6's. I stepped the servo up to an Airtronics 94357, which sells at Tower for like $109, and it has like 120oz torque, and is very very fast! I have it setup on a Pro-Line servo saver unit (about $45), and it turns those 40 series wheels/tires very sharply, all the way gassing them through the turns! I am very happy with this setup. I think the Air servo you're reffring to it possibly the 94358, 1 step up from mine, which has more torque, but is not as quick.....both sell at Tower for the same price. So you choose, either a little less torque (still very strong) and more speed, or more torque, less speed!

You will need to upgrade that flimsy little white plastic servo saver that comes stock in the kit! I was checking out Unlimited Engineering's stage 4 servo saver, which sells for just under $100, but really the Proline has all the same features as the stage4, except the arms are not alum alloy.....everything else on the Proline is adonized blue which looks great, and of course it is all ball-bearing action!

Just my recommendation, this coming from someone that uses this setup, and has great results!