RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Monster Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/)
-   -   Duratrax tires on a T_Maxx? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-monster-trucks-160/896418-duratrax-tires-t_maxx.html)

kodiak 06-25-2003 11:29 AM

Duratrax tires on a T_Maxx?

Does anyone know if tires that are made for Duratrax will fit on a T-Maxx??

Legendary 06-25-2003 01:19 PM

No,

The Thunder Quake's are 3.78 inner and the T-Maxx's are 3.2 so, no! The rims will not fit a T-Maxx either!

kodiak 06-25-2003 02:12 PM

ty

bubbafien 06-26-2003 03:49 AM

yes,
NITRO quake, not thunder quake, the nitro quake tires will work.

bubbafien

Legendary 06-26-2003 01:04 PM

No they won't either!

The Nitro Quake's tires are 2 3/4" (70mm) inside diamter and the T-Maxx's are 3.2" (81mm)! :) Maybe you could sqeeze them on there but why?

adeoliver 06-26-2003 03:52 PM

They most certainly will fit on a maxx rim. Its been tried and true before, I have done it myself, Ive even got an old magazine artical that says so, and shows them inplace. Would you like to see it?? :D Oh BTW the wheels will fit also if you use the hubs off of a quake, I have also done that!! I think I was one of the first to ever try it back in Febuary of 2000 right after the tmaxx hit the market for the first time!!

Legendary 06-26-2003 10:25 PM

O.K. it can be done but, why??

Is there any good reason to use Nitro Quake tires and rims?? If you sqeezed the tires on the T-Maxx rims how well did they fit? Were the side walls super stiff from being streched? Was there any kind of performance gain by using those tires? Do you think it is a good idea to spend money on Nitro Quake tires and rims to do this??

adeoliver 06-27-2003 12:35 AM

First off this post was not "why would you do this" but "can you do this" and the answer was yes you can. As for doing it, it wasnt to bad, fingers were sore afterwords but hey they sure looked cool. Anyways I had put them on with out foams and glued the breather holes in the stock rims. The tires seemed to be very bouncey but gripped good on everything, and they were alot lighter then the stockers, I didnt have to glue the tires to the rims either so that was a big plus. THe only performance I noticed was the top speed had increased with my Hyper.15 at 66/22, but it seemed to be alot more prown to roll over, go figure LOL. Now when I did the wheel and tire conversion, it was like a different truck, I got the same top end but it handled the jumps much better and control was a sinch, however these tires and wheels were way to much for the stock servo, but at that time it was a 2045 not a 2055 so maybe it will hold up better!! Anyways I would say buying these tires would be well worth it, last I checked they were around $29 a pair. I guess its all about what your into!!