Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Kyosho hor vid

So I was able to get my hor running nice so i took it to the track, they changed the layout on me though, it didnt use to be so curvy. Got to find another track to run at that has a bigger track so i can let go but enjoy

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQXzGsTC8pU[/youtube]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Kyosho hor vid

Fever - if you set up more braking on your ESC you'll be able to take those turns much more easily...

Happy riding!

Wayshwing
    RC\'\'ers can never have just one toy...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

really, cause it was higher, but i had to bring it down as the back tire would almost lock up and it would start to wobble, and it doesnt have front brakes, i have been waiting for Pat to make me a set, but i guess he has been busy, gotta email him again.  But yeah i figured if i had better brake control, I could get in and out of the turns better.  But this swing arm i have has a slipper, maybe i have it too tight, that just popped in my head, im gonna try that. 

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Could you take some pictures of the slipper and how you installed it? I'm trying to figure mine out but need some help.
    - It is not just a hobby it is an obsession

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey my camera stopped working the other day, i have another one somewhere but i havent been able to find it yet.  But if i cant find it in a day or two, i will just use my phone.  trying to avoid that as my phone takes crap pics

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No problem.
    - It is not just a hobby it is an obsession

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You say you have a slipper on your swingarm..? I'm not familiar with it, what does it do?

I use an aluminum single sided swingarm, which was basically a normal dual sided aluminum unitin which I just cut off the right (non drive side)arm. Voila, instant single sided swingarm for $20.

Also I run Venom tires which are MUCH softer than the kyosho ones, so grip is insane and so braking is MUCH enhanced without chattering or locking up with brake.

I set up my ESC not for full-on braking as much as just adding a bit of drag when I release the throttle trigger. So basically is I let off throttle, I automatically get ~5-10% braking without ever having to push the trigger forward.

Using this setup I have handily gotten "hole-shot" as well as passed many guys at races where they had to modulate their brakes at turns while I just coasted through the corner... the effect is similar in feel to downshifting versus actual braking. Much more controlled.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The slipper does what all slippers do, it allows the rear spocket to turn freely of the rear tire. So when you punch it, the rear tire doesnt spin instantly, it allows for you to set how long you want a "slip" action by the tightness. no slip with full tightness, i like a little slip, and as you can see i can still wheelie. I havent yet hooked my castle esc up to the computer to mess with the settings, that does sound like something i will try. And i wanna run venom tires, but i need to contact 2 wheel hobbies and see if they would sell the rims for the my single arm conversion kit as i glued these kyoshos to the rims. And you cannot use the normal rims with this side arm setup, at least i havent fiqured it out.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hmmm very interesting - much like a slipper clutch in an offroad rc or an onroad ball diff. Not familiar with them since the Kyosho sprocket is directly attached to the rear wheel, much like a real motorcycle. Its tons of fun to gun the throttle out of a turn and watch the rear fishtail a lil bit like a GP bike... Seems like a slipper would prevent this..?