Notices
RC Motorcycles Discuss RC Motorcycles here

What tires?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 11:01 PM
maRRtin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What tires?

So i maged to pick up a 3s 25c 850mah lipo to go with the mamba 25 and 4200Kv motor and while I can get WICKED wheel spin, it just WONT lift the front tire. I know its got enough power, so I'm pretty sure its either a traction or gearing issue.

Ive already got the aluminum gearbox on order, but I know I read here somewhere about running softer tires.

I already removed the front wheel weight and have gotten used to having to carry alot more speed through the corners.

Has anyone tried moving the weight to the back wheel and if so what was the effect? Or what effect do you think it would have?

M.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86416.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	1551571  
Old 01-23-2011, 05:56 PM
ehirobo ehirobo

Default RE: What tires?

Try ZH tires, they works really good. And use the ZH hard front insert as well. For weight we had add some inside the rear wheel before. Don't really like it as it make the bike too stable..... very slow in corner. Try to add some to the bottom of the fairing. I added 60g and I know other had add as much as 100g to the bottom of the fairing.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:57 PM
wayshwing

Default RE: What tires?

What cycle is this for?

If its for Kyosho HOR, you dont have to remove the front wheel weight.

I run Venom soft compound tires on my HOR. I love them. They are rounder than the HOR tires, and softer, so you get mondo grip andmorelean angle too.

You'll have to run Venom wheels as well, as they have the right beadlock for the tires. You can make Venom wheels fit the HOR by fitting the hubs with the right bearings. Look at pics of my HOR for example.

Be sure to glue the tire to the wheel, especially the rear, to transfer power directly to the ground.

Wayshwing