Search
Notices
RC Motorcycles Discuss RC Motorcycles here

New to nitro bikes, and having trouble!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 05:57 PM
hyper701

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to nitro bikes, and having trouble!

After being into rc for the last 15 years and owning countless cars trucks helis planes and boats I decided to get a nitro ducati. I have had nothing but dramas with it. Every time I fill it up with fuel using the filler bottle provided I can only get half a tank in b4 fuel starts pissing out the exhaust and the engine floods like u would not believe. Then when I get it going the POS will not turn very well, I can't even turn around in my street. Am I missing something caus I'm sure they are ment to be better than this (sigh) Think I might just give up and go fly my planes.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:38 PM
almaidah

Default RE: New to nitro bikes, and having trouble!

mybe you are running to rich and need to lean out more.. or like my problem was i had an air leak so also check your hoses and engine for air leaks
Old 12-24-2011, 07:32 PM
dragbikebam

Default RE: New to nitro bikes, and having trouble!

you need a huge parking lot while learning to drive the bike. you will not be able to drive it in a street with much luck. also pick a lot that is very clean and free of dust and dirt if you can, the bigger the lot the better you must slow down when turning and feel the bike throught the curve with the throttle..it just takes practice but once you get the feel for the way it drives it is very rewarding. like a heli it requires total concentration and focus. as far as the flooding gos, try to keep the bike pointed up( front wheel to the sky) till your ready to put it on the road this prevents the fuel from sucking in the engine till your ready to run it. even after your run keep the bike pointed up to let the fuel run out of the pipe instead of in the engine. you can also check your fuel nipple on your carb. it needs to be pointed down so the fuel has to travle up the tube just a bit before it enters the carb. nitro bikes are the most challenging rc there is. lots of bench time to get the bike right and you must be persistant and not give up its trully a labor of love...1/5 bikes are awesome you just need room to drive them.