Notices
RC Motorcycles Discuss RC Motorcycles here

Ryan Villopoto Replica MM450 RC Bike At Lompoc Race Track

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 11:30 PM
JohnnyMacDad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Ryan Villopoto Replica MM450 RC Bike At Lompoc Race Track

Finally took my Atomik MM450 rc bike to a nearby track, the Lompoc Valley Race Track in Lompoc, California. Conditions were hardpack, dry, dusty, and bumpy in some areas. Bike has the e-gyro thanks to Atomik RC, a 16mm big bore rear shock thanks Chris Haertel, and some aluminum rear shock mounting bits for strength thanks to Chris at ExtremeNitroHobbies.com.au. Other setup notes include old worn tires front and back and my throttle EPA was set to only 75% with 11t pinion, 4800kv 550 motor, and 2s of course.

This was the first time out with the bike to this track in over 1.5 years, and only maybe my 3rd or 4th time out in that long if I include running my sc10 2wd truck, so plenty of room for improved lap times. The track had a section closed off for repair and a week after I went out the track had a Sunday race. I got the best lap times from each class for same layout and here is a comparison in lap times to my bike (note: they had a watered track I didn't):

1/8 buggy best lap: 23.6s
4wd best lap: 25.6s
2wd best lap: 26.6s
1/10 buggy best lap: 28.8s
* MM450 best lap: 36s (plenty of room for improvement!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJtH64JTt6Q