Notices
RC Motorcycles Discuss RC Motorcycles here

Radio Shack Dirtbike

Old 08-21-2005, 10:58 PM
dammachines
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Radio Shack Dirtbike

Nope, unfortunately Radio Shack won't ship overseas. I've purchased and sent about 12 bikes to various people that have asked for them on the RC Groups site. You may be able to find one on Ebay that's will to ship to you...

I've never seen a set of FG shocks, so I'm not sure how they'll fit. I can tell you that the Revo shock with one of the heaviest springs is the best match I've found. I believe quite a few others have gone that way as well and will agree.

I'm currently running an Epic 19T Outlaw Pro and Msonik Tempo 11 ESC with Futaba radio. I get a good 20 minutes running in grass on GP 3300's with the aluminum swingarm and sprockets/chain drive. Brushless motors have been found to overheat and melt some of the gryo gears. I'm have a replacement gyro setup in the works that will allow the use of metal gears if desired, and will also fit within a new alloy rear wheel...

These pics show an earlier version of my steering mod...

BTW, The aluminum swingarm and rear sprockets will be available for sale within a month or so...

Dave.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12072.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	313390   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc92122.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	313391  
Old 08-26-2005, 12:47 PM
snowbl!nd

Ricky looks pissed....

Well, wouldn't you be too if your bike only ran for a few minutes at a time. And the poor guys leg appears to have been severed at the kneecap, that'll teach him for kicking his ride.

That's quality manufacturing that is.

(please understand this is all in jest, no offence implied to anyone, Ricky included)

Name:	Jh14581.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	315323  
Old 09-07-2005, 02:45 PM
ross_jsy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tamiya or tiko or something similar make/made one similar. i had one before i got into this as a serious hobby and its great fun. it broke though when i got bored and me and my friend started doing BIG jumps with it. i was jumping it out of a 2nd story window and the first time the guy died and the secound time it did a huge tail wip and went sideways and landed on its side. must of fratured the circuit bored or something as it never worked again[&o]
Old 09-07-2005, 10:52 PM
dammachines

If you're talking about the Tyco bike, I suppose it is "similar" to this bike in that it is a dirtbike and has a gyro in the rear wheel. However, this bike is larger than the Tyco bike and is made similar to the 1/5 scale hobby grade bikes with the aluminum plate frame...

It still has too much plastic in it, but there are several of us working to correct that!

Old 09-10-2005, 09:08 PM
tashspop

i just got one. its alot of fun, but the batteries from radioshack that come in its package only give me about 5-7min. of driving. anybody having these problems and what are my cheapest solutions. also, is there a way to tighten the belt? mine will slip everyonce in a while.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:43 AM
Guidoracer

tashspop: That's probably not the belt slipping, but the cogged slipper clutch in the spur gear housing. Yup, it does have a slipper!
Old 09-13-2005, 11:10 AM
tashspop

is that needed or can i make it solid. i took ricky off and now it seems to drive easier and faster but that could be my batteries coming alive after the first few runs i guess. either way, i love it and can't imagine a better sub $70 toy to match its value and enjoyment.

if i go and buy better brand of cells like sanyo or gp or others and get smaller mah would i expect better run times having better cells than radioshacks stuff? or do i need to spend the extra $$ for higher mah to get better results?
Old 09-15-2005, 03:57 PM
tashspop

nobody??
Old 09-15-2005, 05:15 PM
dammachines

Yeah, I don't think it was a bad deal at the original $129, so definitely a steal at half that. I bought my first one for $99 at Radio Shack. It was a display model and was a bit worn, but this was back in early 2004 when they were sold out everywhere. Cheapest I got was a lot of 3 "broken" ones on Ebay for about $30. I've got 5 of them at home right now, plus I've sent about 12 of them to guys overseas...

I get about 15-20 minutes using GP3300 cells which is what I recommend you run. The higher mAH, the longer run time you'll get. I do run a different motor and all new electronics, but the stock bike I gave to my neighbor ran about the same time all stock with similar 3300 cells.

Oh, and I suppose it's not nice to say here, but if you really want to get help on this (and other) bikes, check out the motorcycle forum on rcgroups. That's where everyone hangs out.

Dave.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:33 PM
stauf6366

i'm in the process of tring to convert my radio shack rc bike into nitro. i have a hand full of pics of how some other people did it but i am in need of a set of sprockets and a chain so please let me know when you will have them for sale thanks.
ORIGINAL: dammachines

Nope, unfortunately Radio Shack won't ship overseas. I've purchased and sent about 12 bikes to various people that have asked for them on the RC Groups site. You may be able to find one on Ebay that's will to ship to you...

I've never seen a set of FG shocks, so I'm not sure how they'll fit. I can tell you that the Revo shock with one of the heaviest springs is the best match I've found. I believe quite a few others have gone that way as well and will agree.

I'm currently running an Epic 19T Outlaw Pro and Msonik Tempo 11 ESC with Futaba radio. I get a good 20 minutes running in grass on GP 3300's with the aluminum swingarm and sprockets/chain drive. Brushless motors have been found to overheat and melt some of the gryo gears. I'm have a replacement gyro setup in the works that will allow the use of metal gears if desired, and will also fit within a new alloy rear wheel...

These pics show an earlier version of my steering mod...

BTW, The aluminum swingarm and rear sprockets will be available for sale within a month or so...

Dave.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:38 PM
Easy rider

The bike seems to ride pretty good. I just got one from Ebay but didn't drive it yet. How about the radio range ? Is that good.
And does the speed seem about 20Mph ? And does it handle good ?
Thanks
Old 11-12-2005, 05:47 PM
shvdcat

Hey guys whats up, i see there might be a few people in here tring to convert their ricky into a nitro ricky.... The person to talk to for hop ups to make the suspension and driveline stronger is WWW.DAMMACHINES.COM. He is helping me with my nitro project... If anybody needs cutouts of what parts of the chassis to cut away and upper chassis braces and motor plate for .15 motors only. let me know im in the middle of making some extra ones for those who would like them... basically i make the kit to install the nitro motor into ricky, and dam machines makes all the beefed up parts to complete the project....

Name:	Om33927.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	353138   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt60564.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	353139  
Old 11-13-2005, 06:59 PM
Easy rider

Thanks dude , nice pictures. I just sent an email to dammachines to ask about the availabilty of the products.

David.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:12 PM
shvdcat

No problem

Name:	Jh15164.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	354025  
Old 11-30-2005, 08:14 PM
wave waker

hey guys, i'm getting ricky dirtbike on friday for around $63...i'm much into nitro stuff but this thing got me, so i'll give a try,,anymore info./advice for those who have it already.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:00 AM
shvdcat

Gut it out, and make it nitro, the best advise for the ricky bike .
Old 12-17-2005, 03:35 PM
EauMan

Hi all, I am in Australia & have just ordered a bike off Ebay & wondered if anyone has documented what exacxtly is required when doing various mods to this bike. Mods I have read about & am interested in are:- fitting a Revo shock (does this fit straight in or does it need some mods), CNC swingarm fromm dammachines.com & chain/sprockets (what parts are used for this). I also have some 7 cell 3700 batteries will these work/fit?

Anyone else in Oz got one of these bikes?

Thanks in advance,

EauMan
Gold Coast, Australia
Old 12-18-2005, 03:51 AM
Jackjet

ORIGINAL: Dr.ArmoMaxx

ORIGINAL: Linfield
One more question how fast is 1760 feet per minute in metric?

1200 MPH
That is a FAST bike- hope it has REALLY good brakes..................ROTFLMAO !!![sm=lol.gif]

Name:	Jh17317.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	372026  
Old 01-05-2006, 05:01 PM
toto67

Hi I currently produce 8 hop up kits for Ricky, starting from bearings and spacer kits to aluminium swingarm, Up Side DOwm front fork, Chain kit, pinion spur gear kits and so on.

If you need any info please email me [&:]

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ighlight=ricky

[email protected]

You can see some pictures here.

Ciao
Old 10-09-2010, 12:42 PM
Disposable Hero

Hello,
Just purchased a NIB and a used(excellent shape) Ricky bikes as well as dam machine upgrades(chain conversion,revo shock,etc).I was wondering what your thoughts are on motor/pinion gear upgrades? I plan on running stock radio gear/w 4200 8.4v nimh battery for now but might upgrade in future. I was looking at a Trinity(Komodo 19t double) with a 12t or 13t pinion...any advice would be greatly appreceiated...what are the advantages/disadvantages of a modofified 540 over the stock 550?...Is it worth the effort to swap out?....I'm an old fart and don't plan on doing the whole brushless/li-poly thing...

and oh yeah....Istillspent aLOT less then the new venom when it comes out(if ever lol)...