Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nuova Faor Nitro Bike

Well I went and got one!! I have been loong at these bikes for sometime now and just didnt really want to spend the money all at once for just a bike "kit no less". But I couldnt resist anylonger. So I found a guy selling his, its like new. Has a new Fantom 12 with only 6 tanks through it. It arrived today, as I unpacked it reminded me of Xmas. That feeling you get!! LOL.... Well this thing is cooler than I thought it would be! I looked it over all day, installed my rx and adjusted the servos and linkage. Tomorrow I will start it up. I cant wait. Here's a few pictures.... Anyone else have one of these or something else, lets talk moto!!

Finally some pictures!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hf98456.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	179647   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ok28692.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	179648   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sx61065.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	179649  
    Chris
    Hpi Baja Modded Hpi Baja 5T Modded OBR Powered Monsterman/OBR SS Super Sport LR
    Hpi R40 OS18 x3 Hpi R40 OS26c x2 Hpi RS4 3 Evo x5 21 powered BIG BLOCK

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Nuova Faor Nitro Bike

man i want one badly too, but can't really justify dropping a grand on it. so you mentioned that you have a fantom in it, i take it that it has a pull start? if i can use my mugen .12 without pull start engine, i will seriously consider getting it. i just read the review of that bike in a magazine, and was pleased to see that the kit comes with the pipe and manifold. i am considering getting the thunder tiger electric bike, cause i can get it for about $300 with a decent speed control. cheers

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Dirtbug,

You can get the Nitro version of the bike for $500 with a engine!! If not there have been a few I have seen on Ebay for sale just the kit no engine. And yeah I think your engine will fit. They even make cuatom mounts that allow you to able most engines. They cant be nig though! And I also just found out about the "Tiger Drive", its like a roto starter. I'll post some links for ya!!

Internet-RC= http://www.internet-rc.com/carreppar.html

Tiger Drive- http://www.sullivanproducts.com/Star...sMainFrame.htm

I am going to run the bike today will let you know how it goes....
    Chris

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yeah, right after i posted that thread, i looked at internet-rc and saw that the bike now comes with an engine. i think i will have to go ahead and get it. i am still contemplating the electric thunder tiger so i won't have the frustration of keeping the nitro burning while trying to learn how to drive.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i just placed my order for the nuova faor nitro bike, 2nd day air. i have been wanting this thing for some time, but i am stationed in korea, so it is hard to call people here in the states. i wanted to talk to someone before i ordered it. i talked to the guy at internet-rc a few minutes ago, and went on with the order. i can't wait to build it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Great! As you assemble it an article on rcbike.com

http://www.rcbike.com/nf_bike_setup.htm

will help you so there's no confusion.

Ian
    Radio Control Motorcycles of California
    http://rcmcc.tripod.com
    Ian
    Radio Control Motorcycles Club of California
    rcmcc.tripod.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i see that there is much more activity in the rcgroups forum, but i can't activate my membership. my bike should be here tomorrow!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I agree, I am not here to advertise but rcgroups.com is a busier, more high traffic forum than this.

If you have problems your answers will be gotten much quicker over there.

Ian
    Ian
    Radio Control Motorcycles Club of California
    rcmcc.tripod.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well glad to see there are a few more posts adding up in here. I had the front of my bike apart today, need to get a few brake parts. What do you guys use to replace your brake cable? Music wire? What is the best size and where do you usually get it? I bench ran a half a tank through it today, man this thing is loud!! Screms!!

Thanks guys!!
    Chris

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i got my bike all put together, minus the electronics, and i ran into a couple of issues. first, the exhaust manifold does not line up correctly, it lined up flush with the side of the chassis, leaving less than a millimeter gap to install the pipe coupler. the pipe can't go forward enough to line up with the mounting hole, so i will have to drill a new hole in the chassis. second, the rear shock has about 1 millimeter of play where it mounts at the top brace, which translates to about 5 millimeters of free travel at the rear wheel. the instructions for this bike are extremely vague, but the build went smoothly. i couldn't have built this thing without looking at the pictures in a magazine article in xtreme rc. something i didn't think about until midway through the build, there is no way to get to the glow plug with a conveltional ignitor, i went to the hobby shop and they had a remote ignitor that will allow me to fire this thing up. i also bought a shaft that works with a cordless screwdriver so i won't have to mess with the pull start. i also ordered the aftermarket steering linkage, but it was out of stock. i can't wait to get this thing going

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey

What remote glow plug set up did you get? Have you tried it yet? Did you get the engine that came with the kit or another? I have a Fantom in mine "think you already knew that" and its a pain with the glow igniter I have to use. My lhs didnt have any in stock that I could try and see if it would work. So I want to get one just not sure on which one. Also I think there are a few places that the person that had my bike used a dremel to get the exhaust to fit properly. Are you going with the Tiger drive system or what type of Roto start. Could you give me some more info on those things "iginiter, roto start" so I know what to get for my bike. Glad you got it together already when you get it running your going to have a blast!! "And if you think that nitro is loud now wait" that pipe is louder than anything I ever heard before, well at least mine is LOL...

Thanks
    Chris

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

man, the main construction went relatively smoothly. i am in the army, home on leave and go back overseas this sunday. my plan was to get the thing together, and when i get back to all my rc stuff, install all the electrics and run the thing. i couldn't do things like tighten the flywheel nut, cause my specialty tools are overseas. anyhow, i decided that i would go ahead and put the clutchbell on, since i skipped that step earlier. it won't mate up with the spur gear. looks like i am going to have to try to dremel the motor screw holes to slide the motor forward a couple millimeters. there aint much room to dremel. anyhow, i bought an attachment that locks into a cordless screwdriver, and started to take the engine back out to remove the pull starter. my bike came with a sirio engine, and although the head has been shaved to compensate for the closeness to the gas tank, the were other issues that do not comply with nuova faor sf501 installation. uncommon to other pullstart engines that i have seen, the sirio engine has the one-way bearing inside the engine case, and there is a shaft that slides into the engine case. it is a crazy setup that won't allow any aftermarket shaft start to work. seeing that i was unable to get rid of the pullstarter, i ceased tinkering. my remote pulg igniter is a "headlock remote". it cost $12. it is a cool thing. that shaft start i briefly owned was nothing more than a one-way bearing on the end of a billet aluminum shaft. it would work on any engine with a 6mm shaft. i can't remember the brand, but i might see it again soon.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Im a car guy. But these bikes are beaut, one thing im sure everyone wants to know, can they pop monos?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i have seen a video of these bikes popping monos, with ease

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have one brand new in the box...with a ton of upgrades for sale...

e-mail me if interested

Pythoncuda@aol.com

no time to build or enjoy....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a new one already built with only two tanks of O'donnell 20% run through it. Sirio .12 engine. Includes an FMA 3601 coreless steering servo and hitec throttle servo. I've had the bike for two months and just don't have time to play with it with 3 kids at home. Upgrades include:
    Aluminum Steering Support
    Aluminum Transmission Shaft Supports
    Aluminum Shock Absorber Shims
    Steering Support with Springs
    (2) Universal Engine Mounts(A must upgrade)

Body and rider have been painted. Note: The pullstart on this engine needs replacement. From research, I found that this is very typical of the Sirio .12 engines. The rope on the pullstart is cheap and snapped off when I went to start it for a third tank. I just don't have the time to dial the bike in. Just add your radio and receiver and you are ready to go. This is a detailed kit and took me almost a full week to build. Save time and get to the track with this one. Email for pictures. $400 shipped.

Paid $550 with all the upgrades.
    pmalmeido@aol.com
    Las Vegas, NV