Notices
RC Motorcycles Discuss RC Motorcycles here

no money but wont nice bike

Old 11-10-2004, 11:23 PM
rckid90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no money but wont nice bike

Im new to the motorcycle world of rc. i have very little money\no money. im not new to rc. i wont a nice bike for very cheap but i wont hobby grade not toy grade. i would like it to be rtr but if it just needs a receiver, servos, or a transmitter i have them. i would like it to have upgrades able for it in the future. I allso dont care if its used. i have a ebay account but its not mine so thats a last resort for me. O ya im 14

thank u for any help
Patrick Stoner
Old 11-11-2004, 08:11 AM
AtomRC

Default RE: no money but wont nice bike

I should prolly leave this for some of the more knowledgable guys, but I"ll give it a shot.

If you have litte to no money, your probably not going to find and RTR kit that will be in your price range. I actually beleive there is only one RTR RC bike kit out there and that would be the Thunder Tiger Ducati ( i think). It's not Cheap.

That being said, there aren't really many choices out there for Hobby level RC bikes. There are the 2 Thunder Tiger's. The R1 lookalike and the Ducati. I think they are working on Nitro versions as we speak. Some very ingenious people have already converted theirs to nitro cuz they were tired of waiting and are very smart/handy. An intalian Company named Nuova Faor (sp?) also makes a very high quality Nitro RC bike. It's WAY expensice though.

Then there is the Kyosho bikes, which I have. The newest version is the Hang on Rider aka MKII. Unfortunately, this kit was disconintued in 1992. So it's not so new, but a very good kit still. However, it seems Kyosho will be re-releasing it this winter. Tower hobbies has it listed available for December. The kit itself (there is no RTR kit) runs for about $70 us. If you have micro sized electronics already, this bike would be your best bet. Which leads to your question about upgrades.

There are already numerous upgrades for the Kyosho bikes, however, because it was discontinued 14 years ago (when you were born!) the upgrades are scarce and can be hard to find. Ebay seems to be the best for that. Hopefully, with the re-realease, TOPCAD and GPM will start making more of those upgrades. I have no idea what upgrades already exist for the Thunder Tiger bikes as I don't have one.

I hope that helps. If you can't wait till December to get a Kyosho kit from Tower or elsewhere, you can find them on ebay from some guys in Honk Kong. I've bought lots of parts and my bike kit from there. They are trust worthy.

Now i have a question of my one about upgrades;

Does anyone know where i can find the GPM or TOPCAD aluminum gear box? That's the last peice I need.

(I really really hope Kyosho makes a lexan fairing upgrade if they are going to re-release the bike)
Old 11-11-2004, 08:30 PM
grymg

If you have no electronics whatsoever, the Ducati RTR will be the most bang for your buck. It has everything and also a battery and charger!

The Kyosho, although only $70, is still a kit nonetheless and still requires you to buy a servo, ESC, receiver, transmitter, battery, and charger. So it sounds cheap but if you're new to R/C it really isn't.

Hope this helps
Old 11-11-2004, 10:43 PM
rckid90

thanks for all the help. im going to get a f-27 stryker for christmas. i wont a motocycle for my birthday 1/17/90 (jan 17th). i have large sevos.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:30 AM
rc10gt4master
My Feedback: (3)

try to get the nuova faor nitro for you b=-day. get all of your family members to pitch in a little and get the comlete set up. nuova faor w/ motor, and a airtronics mx3. those are great radios for 120.00 fm with reciever and 2 upgraded ball bearing servos!!!