Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Motorcycles
Reload this Page >

1/3 Scale Suzuki GSX-R1000 Tyco Bikes!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Motorcycles Discuss RC Motorcycles here

1/3 Scale Suzuki GSX-R1000 Tyco Bikes!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 08:42 PM
ridesuki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/3 Scale Suzuki GSX-R1000 Tyco Bikes!!!!

sup guys! thx for the positive feedback! well updates so far is that i decided to switch out the brushless in favor of a fantom 10 turn double i had lying around the garage. the cogging of the brushed motor helps when turning. also my friend and i got the custom motor plate done and now im running a robinson racing 22 tooth pinion! the bike is very fast now i would say atleast 30 mph. also we took a inner tube from a push cart and made a rubber sleeve for the front tire now i can hit corners with a ton of lean now with no traning wheels. everytime i pull this bike out in front of my house it causes a stir in the neighborhood. a great project and lots of fun. will get pics up soon. happy holidays to all.
Old 12-26-2004, 06:15 PM
doaac

hey yall. first time here. i found this site because my wife bought me one of these bikes for Christmas and this is all a first for me i haven't had a chance to try it out yet. it snowed alot today. any tips on how to drive this thing. i sure would appreciate it. the other thing is just looking at it in the house and testing the functions i noticed the steering is not that great. i dont see it lasting that long for a first timer who is going to be hitting stuff. does that steering mod help its durability as well as handling
Old 12-27-2004, 12:25 AM
kanenitro

hey whats up doaac that mod on the streering requires that you change the whole radio system. but if you still want to leave it stock the steering that you have is good it will take a beating i know because i tried to see if i could break it ..
but if you have a little knowlage of r/c its not hard at all to change it around but the tranny will need a little mod work sp good luck and we will try and answer your questions
Old 12-28-2004, 06:23 PM
doaac

thanks kanenitro. i haven't been able to get my bike out yet but once i do i'm sure i'll have question.
Old 02-26-2005, 12:21 PM
SteveON
My Feedback: (2)

Any new updates on the Tyco bike mods? It seems this thread just died......
Old 02-26-2005, 10:55 PM
mollycbr123

ORIGINAL: SteveON

Any new updates on the Tyco bike mods? It seems this thread just died......
Folks probably realized that even with upgrades to the motor, steering, etc., your are still left with just a toy. Entertaining for a while. The Tyco gixxer I got kept me interested for about 15 minutes, and it's been on the shelf ever since. I'd much rather run my 1/5 brushless and nitro bikes.

STeve B in NC
Old 02-27-2005, 01:38 PM
SteveON
My Feedback: (2)

I can understand that. I got motivated to buy an R/C bike and bought the Ricky C Radio shack bike. It's fast enough for me out of the box (for right now) ,but the handling is soo sloppy. I'm hopping a few hop ups will make it more drivable. I also sent the money today fopr a Kyosho HOR (the Honda) it's used but the buyer said in good shape. Hopefully the handling on it will be better!
Old 02-27-2005, 10:38 PM
kanenitro

hey guys the bike was ablast once we put the brushless kit in it but you are right it is just a toy but what my brother did was put a cut out rubber inner tube on the front tire it hadled well we got it uot to about 25 mile an hour so unless you want to make a plate for the bike so you can change the gearing dont waist you cash get a real r/c bike ... but after saying that the ricky carmichael bike is a blast i run a 10 single motor in mine it is so sick fast and easy to handle just either raise up the gards a little for better turning or just remove them you cant go wrong with this one because its mad up almost like the real kyosho bike it is fully capable to be converted into a real deal r/c bike if you want i can send picks of mine of what was done if you need any ideas. Right now im running a D6 10single and a LRP speed control with a 525 stearing servo and i went up a couple of teeth on the pinon gear you will have to grind out the metal mount for the motor...
Old 02-28-2005, 05:16 PM
mollycbr123

ORIGINAL: kanenitro

the ricky carmichael bike is a blast i run a 10 single motor in mine it is so sick fast and easy to handle just either raise up the gards a little for better turning or just remove them you cant go wrong with this one because its mad up almost like the real kyosho bike it is fully capable to be converted into a real deal r/c bike if you want i can send picks of mine of what was done if you need any ideas.
Any problems with the belt drive or the gyro? Both of those have failed on a number of the Ricky bikes that have been hopped up. Folks are working on rear chain drives, and replacement gyros with real ball bearings as we speak!
Old 02-28-2005, 11:38 PM
kanenitro

it got a little lose because of the bigger moter but it still works replacing it will be good but its realy needed because it keeps the forward motion going you can aslo us a belt tentioner from like a ofna ob4 to take the slack out but is better have the belt lose to slip and save the gyro and the grive train
Old 03-01-2005, 02:25 PM
mollycbr123

It will only slip for a while, and then it will start slipping all the time.[]
Old 04-01-2005, 10:49 PM
chaoz

while trying to get info on this bike i found this forum..
walmart has this on clearance for 30 bucks..
i do not know if the store is the same as online
[link=http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3404877&sourceid=02622886040514009321]link tobike on walmart web site[/link]
Old 04-02-2005, 06:18 PM
mollycbr123

ORIGINAL: chaoz

while trying to get info on this bike i found this forum..
walmart has this on clearance for 30 bucks..
i do not know if the store is the same as online
[link=http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3404877&sourceid=02622886040514009321]link tobike on walmart web site[/link]
It's the same one. $30 bucks is all it's worth.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:13 PM
gsx-r

Guys, is this thread still alive ??

i am looking to buy one of these interesting little bikes and mod it along the lines of what some of you have been doing.

Any more pics, vids ??

Old 04-20-2010, 09:45 AM
WHOLESALEDEALS2003

Ihave one of these cycles for sale on ebay....starting bid $6.99....missing controlm but comes with cycle, battery and charger....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=230464626862

Old 08-06-2021, 06:59 AM
DSmith74

Just got one and working on upgrades..please help!!

Trying a direct motor drive setup and it won't turn the drive train. I'm not married to this setup, so I'm up for detailed suggestions on how this was made to work. Components are brushless motor, esc, and updated servo.

Thanks!