Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

custom bike help

i want an rc motorcycle but cant justify spending that much money on one. has anyone ever custom built one? would something like this work? and where can i get parts like wheels, tires, chains, and sprockets? any help would be appreciated.
    thanks, max
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ec87358.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	212894  
    my governor can kick your governors ass

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: custom bike help

Max-
    I don't know dude, by the time you buy all the gears, tires and other stuff you're going to have to be pretty dang close to the price of a complete bike. At least the HOR series. They aren't that expensive anymore. I'd say start with one of those and run with the modifications from that point. At least you'd be starting with a complete working chassis and could modify from there.

I still think it would be cool to have a complete scale aluminum chassis like the real bikes. Seems like they have every other mod except for that on the smaller bikes.

If you still want to go custom route and need parts I'd start with Tower Hobbies or rcmart at http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/defaul...th=144_253_227

They both have decent selection of parts. Ebay is also a great place to look for stuff.

Either way you go good luck with the customization!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: custom bike help

Here's another link for you to check out. Somebody went for the complete scratch build idea.....
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254310