Notices
RC Motorcycles Discuss RC Motorcycles here

what %.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 01:35 PM
jonmills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what %.....

i ordered a tt nitro on wednesday n wondered what % fuel u guys would recommend for it.
i already have some fuel that i use for my savage n fusion which is tornado 20%, but surely thats too much for a small block.....
Old 10-13-2006, 03:13 PM
bikeracer

Default RE: what %.....

Just about everyone I know uses 16%,not much point in anything over that in a bike.It's personal choice at the end of the day I think.

I bought my first nitro bike second hand and the previous owner insisted that I must use 25% or else the engine wouln't be reliable,it wouldn't run properly, etc.etc.,even gave me some 25% fuel he had left.I don't think he ever had it running reliably and that's why he sold it.I gave the fuel away.He never believed in after run oil either which was evident in the rust on the bearing cages.

I only ran it on 16% and had a fair bit of use out of it before the motor lost it's pinch,I think free reving it to 44,000 on the stand possibly had something to do with the pinch going. I don't do that anymore.

Allan
Old 10-14-2006, 03:35 PM
jonmills

yeh, deffinately wouldnt suggest *****g out the engine while its off the ground...car truck bike or otherwise.

there cant be that much difference between 16 and 20 % nitro, plus i think the manual recommended 20. which will save having to get some different fuel.

just got the beast today..........looks sweet, havent started breakin the engine in yet but i cant wait.

any advice for a bike newb before i get underway.

cheerz, jon
Old 10-15-2006, 03:44 PM
bikeracer

A few pointers here.
http://www.moto-5.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=52

Allan