Notices
RC Motorcycles Discuss RC Motorcycles here

Ricky Carmichael Video

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 02:00 AM
davcat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ricky Carmichael Video

Hi Everyone. Here is a video of one of my Ricky Carmichael bikes taking a jump. Enjoy!...LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIfoMP7mngo
Old 01-14-2008, 10:13 AM
nothinbetr2do

Default RE: Ricky Carmichael Video

that was cool, kinda makes me wish i never sold mine. you should turn your ricky into a nitro, imo their awesome
Old 01-14-2008, 08:33 PM
davcat

Hi gamesbeer1

Yes I hear what you are saying about the nitro RC stuff. Been there done that.... lots of fun......for me...not the neighbours+cops. I gave up on all of the noise. It caused a lot of grief. The electric stuff is still fun...and very quiet! Ricky's gyro will not stand up to nitro very well. My 19 turn epic with 7 cells has tore up the gyro main gear. Had to remove the small pin and replace it with a flat key. Holding up ok so far. I have 7 other Ricky's. They all have full bearings (steering+wheels), revo shocks. Three Ricky's have proper radios and speed controls. The 7 cell has a chain drive from dammachines. Here is a shot of my son and myself, he is the driver in the Ricky jump.

dave...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51080.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	851350  
Old 01-14-2008, 10:33 PM
drdave001

It is so cool that you are getting your son in to this hobby keep up the good work.
I to have more than one ricky; they are more fun when racing
The best mods that I have found is to go with a tad more stiffer springs a high torque servo and the fork brace that 2wheelhobby sells.
It make the bike handle rock solid.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:19 PM
nothinbetr2do

that's great, i never seen so many ricky bikes at the same time. sounds like you and your son are getting it done
Old 01-15-2008, 12:06 AM
davcat

Thanks for the input. My wife thinks I am nuts......but she is happy Ben and I are having some father son time together. Ben's friends tag along and we get all of the Ricky's going at one time. It usually turns into a smash up derby. Can't get the kids to follow the "racetrack cones". It gets to be so funny we have to stop to catch our breath from laughing so hard. The adults just give me looks and shake their heads untill I put a remote in their hands.....then they will not give it back.....LOL...too funny!!!!

drdave001 I have tried many steering mods but the stock spring with the bearings in the head seem to work the best for me. I just ground down the steering head were it contacts the mount to allow it to turn more. With the taller shock the bike can realy lean before it touches the crash bars. You can see in the video how well they turn. Dave from dammachines is working on some steering mods he wants me to test when he gets them made. Looking forward to having a look at what he has.

I used to fly planes but gave up on it. The local flying club had a few guy's with big heads. They were taking all of the fun out of it. These Ricky bikes have put the fun back into RC.

dave...

Here is a still of Ricky jumping over me.
Attached Images  
Old 01-16-2008, 01:52 AM
davcat

Bump