Notices
RC Motorcycles Discuss RC Motorcycles here

RC Bike Racing in Nor Cal

Old 03-11-2008, 12:27 PM
stubbyphilips

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Bike Racing in Nor Cal

There will be some Bike Racing this Sunday at the RAMS Club spot. The RAMS Club races at Mission College in Santa Clara.
The bikes are always welcomed by the Club as long as we help with the track.
Run what you brung class.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:57 PM
stubbyphilips

Default RE: RC Bike Racing in Nor Cal

There is another bike race this weekend April 20th with RAMS RC @ Mission College in Santa Clara
Old 06-18-2008, 02:04 AM
Custnam

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey stubby, can you keep me updated? Im going to be getting another RC bike soon and I would love to race it. And a "race what you brought" class would be just what Id be into. Thanks
Old 06-18-2008, 11:16 AM
stubbyphilips

I will definitely do that!
I'm currently trying to put together a group to do 1/8 scale at Marin RC. Would you also be interested in that?
Old 06-19-2008, 01:46 AM
Custnam

I sure would. Im located in Napa, and Im going to be buying the new Venom 1:8 when it comes out.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:02 AM
stubbyphilips

Anyone in NorCal going to the RAMS race Sunday August 17?

Would like to go myself, but can't motivate myself to get up that early if there is no one to race.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:33 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

I'm purchasing the TT e "Dukaki" and going to do the full conversion to Carbon frame, upgraded forks, swing arm, lipo with brushless. I'm a R/C motorcycle newb will get pwned racing but I'm down to have tons-o-fun!!

I'm thinkin' about racing at Norcal Hobbies in Union City.

You guys tried that track out?

Raf
Old 08-29-2008, 07:26 PM
stubbyphilips

Hey Dude, Good luck with your new affliction. NorCal is great track for the 1/8 scale bikes a little tight for the 1/5 scale, but if you can get your 1/5 scale around NorCal you will be able to drive it good on the RAMS track.
We are getting together Sept. 7 and probably the 14th in San Carlos to run the 5th scale bikes to practice for the RAMS RC race on the 21st of september. There should be at least four maybe five of us for the practice days and you should try to make it out. We will totally help you get the bike sorted and started driving in a pseudo race environment.
You can by your forks direct from Alleven RC if you come out on the 7th. I would get the tourqueworks swingarm and recommend starting with Castle creations Sidewinder or Mamba Max ESC and a 5700kv motor combo and you don't really need lipos to begin with. Just some good NIMH around 4000MAH. I run 3300 and 3800 for racing.
You really might want to try the bike stock to begin with.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:36 PM
stubbyphilips

The NATC group is coming up to race at the RAMS club and we will have a bike class.

For more info you can check out http://www.rams-rc.com/

Bring the bikes out and lets Race.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:38 AM
Custnam

Hey stubby, I got my preorder in on a Venom at my local Hobbytown. So I should be able to run with you guys soon? Depends on Venom!!
Old 01-08-2010, 01:05 AM
Daholla77

I was wondering does anybody race at vallejo rc?
Old 01-09-2010, 08:33 PM
stubbyphilips

I always wondered about running at Vallejo RC, but thought that track would be too small for the 1/5 scales. Can you tell me where it is located, address and what not?

We have been running a parking lot track in NAPA recently. It is near the NAPA Valley College.

Here is the spot if you are interested 38.257817,-122.274445

We will be out there tomorrow, 01/10/10
Old 01-10-2010, 06:02 AM
Daholla77

ORIGINAL: stubbyphilips

I always wondered about running at Vallejo RC, but thought that track would be too small for the 1/5 scales. Can you tell me where it is located, address and what not?

We have been running a parking lot track in NAPA recently. It is near the NAPA Valley College.

Vallejo RC
2020 Broadway St, Vallejo, CA 94589.
I am going to get my venom bike sometime next week. What times do you guys race on sundays. Is it lined up during the week or do you guys just set it up on weekends? The reason I am asking is that I teach at Napa High School. So I am nearby during the weekdays
Old 01-10-2010, 04:00 PM
wayshwing

Stubbs I JUST found this post! I have run Kyosho 1:8 rc motos for YEARS! Had one of the first non-HORs, and just recently got back into them with my take on a Ducati superbike (which was a Suzuki RGV).
Would LOVE to join you guys! Please keep me informed, as I live in Santa Clara near Great America!!!
[email protected]

Ready and waiting to race!

Gil
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40323.jpg
Views:	713
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	1353466  
Old 01-11-2010, 10:49 AM
stubbyphilips

Daholla,
Wayshwing,

We usually run between noon and four on sundays, and we setup and tear down our little track every time. We don't know who owns the lot we run on but it has been hassle free so far. We are always looking for other spots to run. This lot has some rough spots which might be too much for the eighth scale bikes. Stuart was running his Venom yesterday and it didn't look too bad. I haven't run my Venom out there so I can't really say if it can handle it or not.
But if you get a chance to come out we would be pleased to meet you. I will post up here the times and places we will meet up.

Old 01-12-2010, 12:42 AM
wayshwing

Thanks Stubby,

Is this at the parking lot of Mission College? I see guys running 1:4 scale onroad cars there.

Personally I run my Kyosho nearby the college, on Fredom Circle. It is a public street in an industrial area which has virtually no traffic on weekends. Its the only place I found that is smooth enough to run full throttle without smashing into a rock, although there are reflectors along the center of the road.

How about the parking lot at Oracle in Great America Pkwy and 237?

The 1:8 bikes are definitely sensitive to rocks and sticks, but theyre' small enough that you don't need a huge space to race.

Let (us) know when and where and I'll make my way out there...

Old 01-13-2010, 04:41 AM
Daholla77

I got my bike, it is a great bike. The only problems that I see is the sticker were put on piss poor. I think for the next model year they should just give the owner a sticker sheet. I also think I will need loctite. But other wise a wonderful bike. I can't wait for sunny days.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:51 AM
stubbyphilips

I did go see rc vallejo, and it is a very small track. I don't think even the 1/8 scale bikes would be fun there.
We are still going out and setting up the dots almost every weekend and everyone is welcome.
If you are interested send me your personal info and I will keep you posted when ever we are going to set up the track.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:27 AM
Daholla77

I have put locktite on everything. This bike is starting to get real frustrating mainly with it having some problem or another since i bought it. I had to send in the esc because it wasn't working right when I brought it. The pinion gear keeps coming off with loctite so since it came off it messed up the gear. I haven't road a battery until it is dead since I bought it because something goes wrong. the grub screw come loose, the pinion gear comes off. Then it frustrating how soft the grub screws and the regular screws are, I have stripped a couple. So I plan to order a new hardware kit for the bike, gear, and pinion and give it the old college try again. I understand you have to fix stuff in the rc world but it seems like to much trouble. I know knowing how to drive it has some what of a learning curve which makes it fun. I love my slash i so far only broke one thing a shock. Other wise I think it is a great looking bike, great design and all. It starts to get too frustrating I am going to sell it for 120 with 1 battery, a hardware set of all the screws, new pinion gear and a new spur gear, and a wall charger Or 100 just the bike. The body has been cut do to what everybody recommend for better running. Thank you for hearing my vent.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:29 PM
stubbyphilips

Were going to try to get together and run some dots this sunday 03-07-10 in napa at our usual spot about 10 or so

[link=http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=38.257817,-122.274445&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=38.911557,67.763672&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A]938 Kaiser RD Napa[/link]

It is super casual and not too seriuos. All scales welcome
Old 03-07-2010, 07:48 PM
FifthScaleRacer
My Feedback: (1)

Old 03-13-2010, 02:31 PM
stubbyphilips

Were going to try to get together and run some dots this sunday 03-07-10 in napa at our usual spot about 10 or so

[link=http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=38.257817,-122.274445&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=38.911557,67.763672&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A]938 Kaiser RD Napa[/link]

It is super casual and not too seriuos. All scales welcome

We will be doing this again tomorrow 3-14 same place
Old 03-15-2010, 02:48 PM
stubbyphilips

Well we had a blast yesterday.
Perfect weather, perfect surface. Awesome day of Dots.

We didn't meet at our usual spot but an older spot that has a much better surface. Super good traction and no unwanted cracks or bumps, a really good surface. Took a while to get it cleaned up, a lot of little stones. But we do have a leaf blower and that helps a lot.

We ran for about four hours or about 7 battery packs. Patrick was running PMT 100s and he had excellent grip all day. Need to get me some of them 100s.

At one point I was sitting under the canopy watching Patrick and Stuart running and thinking to myself this is awesome. Too bad we don't have some more fellas to run with.

Poor Stuart was battling that Brazilian Butterfly most of the day. The dude is hardcore though, trying to keep up with Patrick and I on the V3s with a lot more wheel time, while he is driving an old highly modified TT Ducati that he has had for about 8 months. It is still his first bike. But he goes for it. Sometimes he gets it just right, other times it ends quite spectacularly. You know end over end over end over end.....

Any ways we need more guys, more bikes and more help setting up the track!
Our next meeting is likely to be March 27 2010 at the old Mazda Dealership in Vallejo.
Everyone is welcome, Any bike, any scale. The more the merrier.

Stubbs
Old 03-17-2010, 01:48 AM
Casper06

What recommendation do you have for a beginner? As soon as I get a bike I'll be glad to meet up with you guys to run.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:29 AM
stubbyphilips

Hey Casper,

Right now everyone is waiting for the New Thunder Tiger SB5, but it is getting stalled at production and there is no telling when it will be available.

If you really want to get started now you could just buy the Thunder Tiger RTR. And just drive it as is. Then try to avoid the temptation to modify, it will only get so good. You could spend gobs of money on it to make it competitive but none of those parts will transfer over to the new bike, except the batteries.

But it is good platform for learning about the bikes and how to drive them.

Anyways I'm in Berkeley shoot me a PM and we'll go down to the schoolyard and you can drive some of my bikes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.