SmokyTyrz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Venom-Racing GPV-1 motorcycle

NM...throttle hold was on. doh!
Old 07-29-2009, 06:34 AM
xz1gsw

Hi all I just got my bike yesterday. Drove it twice much faster after the chain break's in. What freakin riot. I drove in the street in front of my house. I put my mini rage from my mini t in it last night can't for the rain to stop so I can try it out.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:20 AM
SmokyTyrz

I'm still working out the kinks on mine. I've gotten to run it for a couple packs. As delivered the body doesn't fit well at all...I had to go a bit beyond the posts here about body trimming. The gears, forks etc all rubbed way worse than foretold.

Now it has some kind of recv'r issue. Won't go to full throttle. Steering and throttle are glitching.

I planned from the get-go to mod the pi$$ out of it, so all this is only mildly annoying. Feel like it was overpriced for what I'm going to have to put into it to make it function properly (new motor, new esc, new rx). And I'm sure that once I have a decent motor in it and it can get some real speed it will ride and respond much more appropriately.

It definitely has potential.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:48 AM
xz1gsw

As far as the body rubbing and the battery pack moving. I put velco on the battery to hold it place. This also put yhe battery pack a little lower which in turn push's the body out so you don't have to trimm the body!?!? sorry I found this out after I trimed my body to
The trouble I am having now since I put my BL system in is now the chain adjustment keeps moving. I think it's from being on the gas when it crash's. So I put very little super glue to try and keep it place.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:28 AM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just brought one of these home from the LHS last night. Verified that everything works, but didn't get to run it yet. Wish me luck.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:56 AM
FP 4LC4PON3

i want one real bad lol these bikes are awesome
Old 08-06-2009, 11:04 AM
microDan

2wheelhobbies has a great deal going on for these bikes, grab it NOW !!!!
[link=http://2wheelhobbies.com/index.php?cPath=21&filter_id=34]Venom GPV -1 Sale[/link]
Old 08-06-2009, 11:07 AM
FP 4LC4PON3

wish i could but i dont get paid till tuesday. whats the top speed of the bike stock and how fast can it go with a new motor.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:08 AM
BuzzBomber

Man, and I thought I scored a good deal at the LHS![:@] Well, at least I got it for $30 less than Tower sells it for...
Old 08-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Chris Nicastro
My Feedback: (3)

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Hey guys, the top speeed stock is about 20mph. The top speed with mods like a brushless motor and Lipo is way over 40mph.

Chris
Old 08-08-2009, 07:54 AM
xz1gsw

I bought a used bushless system for my mini t 3yrs ago it has a mini rage esc but I don't know what motor is. It is a little green motor anybody have any clue on what kv it is. the reason I ask is I am running stock tires and when I hit the gas all it does is spin the rear tire? One more thing what can I do about tank slap. I just changed the rake to 64deg. and truned the streering way drown to 35 on the radio but it is raining know so I can't try it out.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:55 PM
BuzzBomber

3 questions:

Has anyone else had issues with rear sprocket breakage? I had the rear sprocket break on me today, only third run on the bike[]. I was finally starting to get the hang of this thing, learning that the control inputs are more like flying an airplane along the ground than driving a car, and I was experimenting with braking. Every time I hit the brakes, the rear wheel locks up, then I get a tankslapper. I guess I need to dial back the ESC braking. I hope the front brakes are easier to modulate.

What do I need to adjust if I'm getting "weave" when cornering? It's not a tankslapper, but more of a bobbling weave when cornering, more to the left than right. I tightened the springs one notch from stock on the servo arm, hoping it would help. Can't really tell if it did.

Does steering trim affect this motorcycle the same way it does a car? Bike keeps wanting to turn right, and I've been manually inputting left to straighten out since the servo just seems to "suggest" a front tire direction.

This is definitely a challenge compared to cars......but I thought I'd give it a try since I've been riding 1:1 bikes/scooters/dirt bikes since childhood.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:05 PM
SmokyTyrz

A tutorial on tuning the steering with this "slop link" setup would be educational. I really, really want to tighten the springs up to get rid of the slop around center, but I have this gut feeling this would make the bike more difficult to run and steer. I just don't quite understand how the steering link works. But I haven't spent much time with it yet either.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:23 PM
Chris Nicastro

The bike can be off a little bit so the first step is to make yourself a jig that keeps the front and rear wheel aligned parallel. Next loosen the steering spring and back them off to be sure the parts are neutral. Then bring the collars back into position and keep them the same distance apart from center. The closer they are the more spring tension which means more reactive steering. If you just make them touch and dont compress the springs its the most docile setting. If you compress the springs then the bike gets harder to control and more responsive to inputs.
Change the dampening of the steering with the number of o-rings and by adding grease. These tuning tips will help you figure out the steering better. When you lean into the turn you will have to counter steer to control the radius of the corner and manage your speed as well. Use the guide wire for a sound or alarm to tell you your leaning too much and try not to drive on the wire at all. If you master that you will always be fast around corners. If you bend the wire up slightly you will get to use a little more of the rear tire. The tires are designed to give you a little warning when leaned all the way over. The rear will begin to slide first and thats your sign to lift up in the turn.

Chris
Old 08-10-2009, 01:56 PM
SmokyTyrz

That helps a bunch! Thx!
Old 08-10-2009, 02:34 PM
Chris Nicastro

Oh hey let me add that the servo should be aligned 90deg to the linkage, trim set to zero and use sub trim to adjust that.
Also turn down your dual rate and try something like 50% and have the high rate at 75%, dont use 100% just yet.

No problem, enjoy and take time to understand the bike and how it works and you will have a blast.

Chris
Old 08-11-2009, 09:44 AM
BuzzBomber

Thanks for the input. Just got off the phone with the LHS, he ordered me a couple spare rear sprockets(still not exactly sure how I broke it, but it was an impressive wreck[:-]). While I'm waiting for those to come in, I'll swap in the 12T countershaft sprocket and try your steering setup suggestions.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:02 PM
Dragon675

Ok. I'm mostly a noob to the RC world. I do own to planes and love to fly them, and back in the day I did have a cheap RC bike, but it really sucked. I'm getting back into the RC car and bike world, because they have come so far. I noticed the GPV-1 a few months ago but was unsure of the quality and the "happy factor" of the average user. It looks like people really like them though. I guess I'll buy one or two to see for myself. BTW, is there anyone currently racing these or at least interested in racing these anywhere near ASHEVILLE, NC? I'm thinking about becoming a race sponsor through Venom if I can drum up the interest. I need a least 6 racers to make it official. We will run a stock class, a light modified class, and a pro class. PM me or leave feedback here please.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:55 AM
xz1gsw

Well I changed the rake to 64deg. put a 9t pin have the throttle down to 55% I can know drive it in front of my house again!!!! I will slowly rise the throttle and try to keep the same control. I am ordering the v1's front and back and thr brake kit today. This thing is fun to drive when your not crashing all the time.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96061.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	1254847  
Old 08-23-2009, 04:16 PM
Dragon675

I'll definitely be playing with my steering setup as wel. Mine tends to pull to the right just a bit. Also, good call in regards to trimming the steering back to 50% or so. That makes a WORLD of difference when learning, as this bike is so light and nimble that even small inputs seem huge.

I put velcro on the battery and the receiver to keep those items stable. Works like a charm. Also, my shock adjustment collar on the right side of the front fork slides down on its on. I applied some fingernail polish/enamel to the threads for stick. Should work just fine. Any estimations of the speed with the standard sprocket and also with the supplied 12T?

Had to remove the decals. They just didn't do it for me.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86231.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	1261670  
Old 08-27-2009, 12:24 PM
BuzzBomber

Got a new sprocket, loosened up the "slop-link", greased the damper, and re-centered the linkage on the servo, and got a chance to run in a nice smooth lot the other night. Way better! It really handles like flying an airplane along the ground.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:16 PM
Dragon675

Supposedly getting my shipment today of new guide wire bolts. Forgot to put my guide wires and nuts on during a quick test and paid the price. The bolts without the nuts on the end are weak.. I sheared them right off!
Old 08-29-2009, 03:15 AM
MurphJato

Ok I just bought a GPV-1, great rc. I have a thing for speed!! Can someone tell me what brushless set up would be good? I'm not lookin to make it as fast as my VXL Rustler but stock is too slow. Send me a few sugestions, Thanks
Old 08-29-2009, 11:47 AM
SmokyTyrz

If you want a good no-brainer brushless kit get the Novak Mongoose motor + ESC combo. And Venom has a nice 800mah Lipo for you to use too.

Old 08-29-2009, 12:52 PM
microDan

Did you see my Novak 13.5T Mongoose setup up on the previous page?
[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7414894/mpage_7/key_/tm.htm]Pics of my Mongoose setup[/link]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.