Notices
RC Motorcycles Discuss RC Motorcycles here

New to Me TTR Ducati

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Neverdone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Me TTR Ducati

I recently acquired a TTR Ducati from a friend. He was at an auction and bought it in a big box of crap then sold it to me for $45!!! I guess I am not much a friend for buying it from him that cheap but oh well. I tore the motor down and cleaned it up because it was seazed from old nitro when I got it but now spins freely and I am trying to get it running. I have had it running but it does not stay running for long. I have since then looked up factory specs for the 12bk motor and set the carb to that. The specs I have found are 2.5 HSN and 6.5 LSN. Is this correct? With it set like that the LSN looks like it is about to fall out. Other things that I have done consist of the RDLogics pipe installed a quick fueler valve from one of my airplanes (just using one side of the valve the other is plugged off) and I have a new fuel tank on it with the fueler valve plugged into one of the top plugs. I also installed a new plug receiver pack and installed a receiver for my DX3R. One thing I have noticed is it does not turn worth a crap. I looked around and was debating on putting on a new damper set on the steering. I figured I would get the aluminum one for smoother operation, also I have seen where people are using two dampers on the steering. Is this worth it? Does it help? The other thing I was looking at was getting the front brake kit. Is this worth it? All said and done with the new items I am looking at now I will have around $150 in it.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:12 AM
splcrazy

Default RE: New to Me TTR Ducati

ive got the same bike too and want the same questions answerd lol , i too seen alot of people put two dampers on the steering servo they call it an upgrade so its got to be an improvement , my steering servo caught fire lol , so i need new servos and a reciever , since i have too a DX3R i will buy another reciver and some traxxas servos to start off with as i dont want to spend big bucks on good servos and i dont want to see a $100 dollar servo fry again lol
Old 09-03-2008, 07:28 AM
Turbotezza

I got mine over 2 months ago but still haven't run it yet, but I hope my views are accurate.

From what I gather, the double damper steering mod is essential for good steering. I'm using 2 identical stock plastic but with thinner fluid inside.
I also have the front brake kit, but it doesn't seem as effective as the rear one, so I may add a second set on the left side.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:37 PM
rubber_junkie

owned 999r nitro since release, you need to use 2 hi torque/speed servos(mine was pulling stoppies) fitted optional damper it calms down head shake/tank slapper when WOT, fitted grp tyres pure grip, reworked forks for smoother,softer action, also fitted nuova faor rear shock this made bike so much more stable.Now need to fit larger engine os 18 has to be side exhaust an rotary carb
Old 09-11-2008, 12:05 AM
splcrazy

i put in a Thunder Tiger - PRO-18BX into my nitro ducati , its got power galore , but never driven it , since i crashed the bike due to crap servos and crap stock radio at the time , im just so used to driving rc cars and trucks , rc bikes is proving very hard for me to learn and patience is another thing .
Old 09-11-2008, 06:06 AM
rubber_junkie

does that use drill start? may go for that one
Old 09-11-2008, 07:46 AM
Neverdone

Where do you find the different tires??
Old 09-11-2008, 11:05 AM
derbi75