Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Motorcycles
Reload this Page >

Why is the SF501 plastic fuel tank almost $50.00??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Motorcycles Discuss RC Motorcycles here

Why is the SF501 plastic fuel tank almost $50.00??

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 09:42 PM
phreaktor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why is the SF501 plastic fuel tank almost $50.00??

I broke one of the hinge brackets on my fuel tank.... I can't beleive this thing is $47! I'm thinking of using a rubber stopper from Home Depot with a a hole drilled through it and a metal tube/fuel nipple threaded into it, lol...
Old 08-17-2009, 03:42 AM
bikeracer

Default RE: Why is the SF501 plastic fuel tank almost $50.00??

Yes the tank is poor value,but if you need one you don't have any choice.

All NF stuff is vastly overpriced for what you get and the quality generally isn't up to the price asked.

My first bike was an NF kit one and I was very disappointed in the poor quality of most of it,parts missing and parts that easily bent or broke and soft plastic parts that seemed to be made from recycled washing up bowls.

A lot of TT stuff can be used and is generally of better quality from my experience,plus it's priced realisticly for what it is.The only time I buy NF stuff is if there's no alternative.

Old 08-18-2009, 03:28 AM
phreaktor

I apprecite your response. $50 is not much to me, but it is simply unexplainable. Any plastic fuel tank for any other model of RC vehicle would cost less than $20 USD on eBay, yet the NF is $50. Is there any alternative part from another manufacturer like TT? I'd rather buy more upgrades for my other vehicles than by something I could fix on my bike.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:14 AM
bikeracer

I don't know if the TT one would fit,the mounting is totally different anyway.

May be a stopper with twin pipe holes from a R/C plane tank might fit,or any bung with a hole for filling and a hole to vent should do.

Old 10-30-2009, 12:36 PM
GNO4U

Hi the main reason parts are so exspensive from NF in Italty is because of our deflating dollar. The Euro has been on an upswing over the last year or so. When we first started selling NF kits and parts over 5 years ago the tanks for example were $29.00. In NF's defense they have not raised prices in4 years. The only reason these are so exspensive now is becasue the Euro is trading at over $1.50 on the American dollar. As a result our cost has gone up over 50%. I would be happy to make you a good deal on a new tank. Please contact [email protected] and I will make you a great deal to help out.