Notices
RC Motorcycles Discuss RC Motorcycles here

First impression of RC Motorcycle

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 08:14 PM
Goomba_7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First impression of RC Motorcycle

So here's the story, I got a Kyosho Suzuki HOR as a "thank you for helping me move gift". First off I was blown away that my buddy did that for me, and second I had to put it together as soon as I could. I then proceeded to put it together, which took maybe 5 hours total. but I let it sit because I didn't have any electronics that would fit it. Today I finally said I'd get everything I need to get the thing running because I didn't want to wait any longer. Well I installed a Hitec servo, a micro Sidewinder ESC, and a mamba 8000Kv motor in it. I turned the travel of the ESC down to 50% until I got a feel of the handling of the bike and finally settled on about 75% throttle throw, I also turned the punch control to 50% and had a very quick and controllable bike, no Wheelies.

So now my impression...THIS BIKE ROCKS!!!!!! It's probably the most fun I've had with a RC vehicle, by myself in the front of my house. It will turn on a dime as long as you get the speed down right. The braking is very controlled, much like a TC with a one way in the front. And the animation of the rider is outstanding. Especially if you slow the bike up to prepare for the next turn, its very much like riding a real motorcycle. it's especially cool when I get on the throttle a little too much out of the turn and the rear end steps out like the real thing. Frickin great.

So now I can't wait to drive it again, yet I didn't prepare for the Hp and I tore up a gear in the trans and have to now wait for the metal gears and metal gear case to arrive to my house, no doubt probably a week away. Damn. can we speed up time?? Well hopefully when I get the new gears the thing with stay together and I will be able to enjoy my great new RC.

Ride on!!!!