RC Motorcycles Discuss RC Motorcycles here

Kyosho HOR Help Needed.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 07:36 PM
87burb
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho HOR Help Needed.

I have a kyosho hor bike. i have wanted one for many years, last year i had enough money to find one on ebay. I bought it and built it with some up-grades. I still don't have a motor, esc or battery. I am currently unemployed so the cheaper the better. I will upgrade after i learn to drive it a little bit. I have drove some tyco bikes before but nothing hobby grade.

I need to know what is the cheapest way i can start running?If i have to make my own batterys or anything like that, i will give it a shot. Does anyone have stock motor or esc?What sizes will fit?I just need more info...here is a pic of my bike. I painted it but i'm sure it wont last long lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28791.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	1292844  
Old 10-12-2009, 07:36 AM
rcktpwrd

Default RE: Kyosho HOR Help Needed.

I got a battery pack from these guys for my first gen bike: http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com/ I couldn't find the correct size pack anywhere and they made me one for less than $15 shipped!
Old 10-12-2009, 04:10 PM
87burb

Sweet! That works for me. I just need to tackle the esc/motor now.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:14 PM
gtfour93

I have a brand new stock motor for sale if you are interested. Email sent!
ORIGINAL: 87burb

Sweet! That works for me. I just need to tackle the esc/motor now.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:57 AM
87burb

Well we cut a deal and now i'm going to the post office this morning to send out the mo! I will have a motor soon.

I found a esc in the garage in another car that i was able to jam into the frame. I was then going to install my receiver, but i can not find it?I will have to search the garage a little more. I tried to see how big the battery compartment is compared to a 7.2 standard rc battery and no go...just too long. So i will need to check out that battery website again and see if i can find something that will fit. Hopefully be up and running soon!
Old 10-26-2009, 12:11 PM
gtfour93

You can probably use a sealed, pre-made battery for a 1/18, Mini-Z,Tamtechcar,some type of long &flat radio receiver battery pack, or evenbuild one from individual cells. The original battery required is only a 7.2V 600mAh Ni-CD. With so many types of batteries nowadays, something like Ni-MH, Li-Po, Lion, or Life, with a higher voltage and mAh will be suitable for more powerandlonger playing time, depending on your ESC.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:04 PM
87burb

I ran her today for the first time! I was very impressed! Its hard to get the steering down but i think i will get it. I need more speed from it, What pinion would be the best for wheelies and what one for speed?

And i did get my battery pck from cheapbatterypacks.com Mike from there helped me out alot. If anyone needs the info for pack size, here ya go.

Go to www.cheapbatterypacks.com
on the left click battery packs -> custom pack
6 cell 7.2v
Double stick
Elite 1500 2/3A
20AWG wire
Pick your plug, i picked Large Female Tamiya cause that what fit my esc

And you're all set. Mine fits great. Ran it tonight.