Notices
RC Motorcycles Discuss RC Motorcycles here

Braking Questions ???

Old 01-30-2010, 01:21 AM
nano cup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Braking Questions ???

Could someone explain 3rd channel mixing vs. Y harness off the recever throttle channel. I recently added F+R brakes on myDuratrax DX450 by Y at the recever. NowIbought a 1/8 Venom bike and talking 3rd channel mixing??? Thanks .
Old 01-31-2010, 04:40 PM
wayshwing

Default RE: Braking Questions ???

Ive never used 3rd channel braking on my RC motos before but I know how it is done from using it on RC nitro cars and trucks with 3 servos..

You will mix the throttle channel and the brake channel so that they are opposite directions. As the throttle channel moves to a slower speed, the braking channel moves towards applying brake. Note that braking channel curve should be something like 0-0-0-25-85, while throtle curve can be linear 0-25-50-75-100, so that braking doesnt initiate until throttle is almost at 5-10%. Basically braking should not be "on" until the throttle is almost off.

Hope this helps! 
Old 01-31-2010, 08:15 PM
Pete48

nano - Could you share some photos or explanation of how you added the brakes the to DX450?? I am trying to do the same and have access to several pcs of machine shop equipment. Thanks!
Old 01-31-2010, 10:48 PM
nano cup

Pete 48, I used thunder tiger frt disc set up 18.95 at 2wheel hobbies.com.Cut and welded the caliper bracket to fit F+R.There's pics on the DX450 thread. We can discus it more there.Thanks for the info guys.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:21 PM
wayshwing

Nano, also keep in mind that you can add mechanical braking to any RC without a 3rd channel/servo.

Many nitro RC cars and trucks use the throttle servo for braking as well. Look at the Traxxas TMaxx setup (I used to have one) servo pulls carb linkage in one direction, and in opposite direction the servo actuates braking linkage...

Just FYI...
Old 02-01-2010, 08:44 PM
Pete48

Outstanding! I was in the process of fabricating an entire caliper when I read your post. I definitely don't want to re-invent the wheel and I was happy to find that someone else has done it. Appreciate the quick response.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:26 PM
urs856

Hi everyone! pls any picture for the brake cable on the servo arms. my first nitro bike NF 509 and have problems for the rod for the throttle will bind to the brake e/z connector. both e/z connector will touch the frame. appreciated and thank you.