Notices
RC Motorcycles Discuss RC Motorcycles here

Here's a question for DX 450 owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 10:23 AM
MonsterMash15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here's a question for DX 450 owners

I'm hoping someone here can confurm or let me know if I'm wrong about an observation that I've made.
Here's what I've noticed.
When looking at the forks on the bike, they appear to be slightly rear ward with what is called the "King Shaft".

So if the axle is in the rear ward position, would this not give the bike a lot of negitive trail?

Also then if the axle is put in the forward position, because of where the "king Shaft" is, wouldn't this give only a close to netural postion?

I had also wondered if anyone had tried turing around the "Front Shock Mounts" to see how this would affect the handling.
Any thoughts on this?[sm=confused.gif]

Old 03-08-2010, 04:37 PM
jb.

Default RE: Here's a question for DX 450 owners

Standard practice is to turn the forks around and have them with the axle in front and not behind.
Keep the triple clamps as stock settings.
handling is said to be better and the front wheel does not catch the battery box when compressed.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:03 PM
MonsterMash15

ORIGINAL: jb.

Standard practice is to turn the forks around and have them with the axle in front and not behind.
Keep the triple clamps as stock settings.
handling is said to be better and the front wheel does not catch the battery box when compressed.
Yep, I did that, but you can still that the front axle is only still in line with the king shaft. Turning around the top front fork mounts may give even more tuning options.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:29 PM
jb.

Try it and see! Make sure when you test that configuration, do it at the same track in same conditions. (preferably the same day and back to back with previous settings) That will give you an idea of what works for you.