Notices
RC Motorcycles Discuss RC Motorcycles here

Rickey Carmichael

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 08:08 PM
harryfish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rickey Carmichael

Looking to get my first rc moto on the cheap, do you guy recommend this bike? Was thinking of driving it stock for a while then upgrading the motor, esc...what's the first thing to go on these bikes? and is their any replacement parts available for them.

thanks for any help
Old 04-20-2010, 09:43 PM
ehirobo ehirobo

Default RE: Rickey Carmichael

I am not sure but I don't think you can get any parts for them...... My friend put a 5.5t brushless in it. It is fast but I think his gyro or something is falling apart. He will just run it until it won't run anymore.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:10 PM
DirtyBird69

The first thing you absolutely must do is to swap out the rear shock for one of a Traxxas Revo(you can get em CHEAP on Ebay), next thing to do is swap out the tamiya style connector for a "DEANS" style...you would not believe the improvement you get all-around just by swapping out that dam little thing(Ricky is pretty heavy and draws a ton of juice on take-off )and that dam Tamiya connector is nothing but agiant resistor thatbottle-necks your juice, andcan melt if your not careful. The third thing you can do is swap the stock 550motor for a 17-19(Double)motor/w a 13t (steel) 32p pinion that will give you a nice little boost in performance withoutfrying your gyro or the factory radio gearout. And last you can build(or have built an 8.4v/3800mah or biggerbatterypack) which will really makehim scoot!...anything faster (like brushless motors,9.6v packs,etc) are just toofast and they fry out the gyro gears in the rear wheel....make sure you buy and old used ricky, you can still get used bikes cheap, so just buy one and strip it so it has to be used for parts lol....that'll do it..

p.s. forgot to mention to swap out all the bushings in both wheels and steering blocks, for bearings(makes a WORLD of difference)!

sizes you'll need: 6x13x5mm
5x10x4mm

just go toEbay andbuy a pack of ten for eachsize...cost you like $20and you still have some extras for spares..
Old 12-22-2010, 07:53 PM
harryfish

ORIGINAL: DirtyBird69

The first thing you absolutely must do is to swap out the rear shock for one of a Traxxas Revo(you can get em CHEAP on Ebay), next thing to do is swap out the tamiya style connector for a ''DEANS'' style...you would not believe the improvement you get all-around just by swapping out that dam little thing(Ricky is pretty heavy and draws a ton of juice on take-off )and that dam Tamiya connector is nothing but a dam resistor that bottle-necks your juice, and can melt if your not careful. The third thing you can do is swap the stock 550 motor for a 17-19(Double) motor/w a 13t (steel) 32p pinion that will give you a nice little boost in performance without frying your gyro or the factory radio gear out. And last you can build(or have built an 8.4v/3800mah or bigger battery pack) which will really make him scoot!...anything faster (like brushless motors,9.6v packs,etc) are just to dam fast and they fry out the gyro gears in the rear wheel....make sure you buy and old used ricky, you can still get used bikes cheap, so just buy one and strip it so it has to be used for parts lol....that'll do it..

p.s. forgot to mention to swap out all the bushings in both wheels and steering blocks, for bearings(makes a WORLD of difference)!

sizes you'll need: 6x13x5mm
5x10x4mm

just go to Ebay and buy a pack of ten for each size...cost you like $20 and you still have some extras for spares..

Thanks for the reply, just what i needed! The thing with ebay is they don't like too ship to Canada.