Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just got a 1/4 scale brushless dirtbike

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...dProduct=11455
    cant wait till my package arrives,bought everthing all in one order,100a brushless esc and lipo for $241 shipped

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Just got a 1/4 scale brushless dirtbike

ORIGINAL: slicrick

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...dProduct=11455
    cant wait till my package arrives,bought everthing all in one order,100a brushless esc and lipo for $241 shipped
    Why was yours so much? it's listed for $119.00 on there site. Was the rest shipping? [X(] Looks like a cool bike the only problem I see is the rims/wheels look very Toys-R-Us. Let everyone know if its built well and how it holds up. I wonder if you can put some aftermarket rims on there with spokes so it looks more scale (I know the rear will be a gyro so your stuck with it but at least the front rim).
    HPI Sprint 2 Flux Drift, HPI E-Firestorm Flux, SCX10, AX10,CC01,Venom GPV1,Kyosho HOR,Lama V4, Fighter 550 brushless, & more

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It actually kind of looks like a knock off Duratrax. If so I'm sure those parts would fit.
    - It is not just a hobby it is an obsession

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

shipping was $57 + tax

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

that company is a joke had to file paypal claim cuz they denied they got my payment,ill just wait for the vmx

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sorry to hear that. The Venom off roader looks really nice I bet in the end you'll be happy you waited.
    - It is not just a hobby it is an obsession

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Maybe you want to try the AR racing ARX540 too. It is a good bike and you can add a e-gyro to it to make it very stable.
    All about R/C ehirobo

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sorry to hear bout your snafu with Hobbyking. I bought a lot of stuff from them.
    Usually good service although I once bought a $3 lipo balance charger from them that was DOA, and they wanted me to ship the thing back to China! Thats not even worth spending $ to ship!

Ive bought TONS of lipo batts from them with zero problems. I've also bought a lot of 450 and 200 size heli kits, servos and ESCsfrom them too. I use PAYPAL with them and so far no payment issues.

I was looking at the 1/4 scale rc moto too. Shipping is a lot but for the whole deal (moto, ESC and 4000mah lipo) will cost less than venom RTR. Plus its a kit so easier to upgrade. PLUS it comes with alloy parts where venom RTR is all plastic.

Note that the HK moto and the venom are 1/4 scale, where duratrax is a 1/5 scale bike, so parts are diff size, but you may be able to use venom parts on the HK bike.

I run Kyosho 1/8 HORs, and I use venom tires and wheels since they are same scale. Req a lil modifying but easier to source parts than stock kyosho parts.

As for metal upgrades on ANY RC - In general what I've learned is this; a chain is as stong as its weakest link. Fixing a broken RC costs time and money. If you upgrade everything to metal, eventually something expensive will break. Use plastic parts strategically, to break instead of breaking a more xpensive part next to it. I learned this from lots of RC buggy racing and RC heli flying (a $2 plastic link is worth breaking instead of the $100 swash assembly its connected to). This goes for RC motorcycles too.
    RC\'\'ers can never have just one toy...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Casper06

It actually kind of looks like a knock off Duratrax. If so I'm sure those parts would fit.
    It's been confirmed by AR modelling that it's a wholesale copy of the ARX540.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yep, definately an ARX copy in my book.................................wonder how long it will last once you start using it off road??

The VMX looks like a nice bike though and it will be great to see how it performes - bring on some video!!

www.rapidrabbit.co.uk