RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Motorcycles (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-motorcycles-232/)
-   -   electric or nitro (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-motorcycles-232/8516788-electric-nitro.html)

Daholla77 02-25-2009 11:49 AM

electric or nitro

Which is better electric or nitro. I am thinking about getting the venom motorcycle

dicko 02-25-2009 04:56 PM

RE: electric or nitro

If you want ease of running, with no mess or tuning issues, electric, you can concentrate on learing how to ride the bike. If you like the sound of nitro & tinkering with engines, don't have neighbours that will get annoyed with the sound of the nitro engine & have the patience to tune the engine at the start of each run, nitro.

Dragon675 08-23-2009 04:25 PM

I agree. Totally up to you. Do want to spend more or less? Do you want more "maintenance" or just plug and play? If you haven't done either (electric or nitro) and you are new to bikes, start with the Venom. Its got the look, the feel, performance, and is cheap to buy and fix. You can upgrade the motor and ESC to reach 40+mph, and there are plenty of hop-ups available should you decide you wanna stay with it. If you don't like this motorcycle, owning a nitro isn't for you either, and you just saved yourself hundreds of $$$. I bought the Venom bike and I don't regret it. Could it be faster? Sure. But could I be better at controlling it? Yes sir. The beauty of RC bikes is in the total control. Once you've mastered hairpin turns and sweeping esses, (which won't be easy or overnight), then worry about faster motors or nitro bikes. Totally different ballgame.

EngageRC 09-29-2009 12:54 AM

totally.
elec is simply plug and play.
nitro required lot more maint work, could be frustrating if engine is not properly mainted.
elec, run time is relatively short vs. a tank of gas. and could easily over come by having several pack of batt. charged and standby.

cenracer1 09-29-2009 04:51 PM

Electric for bikes especially if its your first one... I have an electric myself and a buddy I run with has both nitro and electrics.. If you are really comfortable with nitro, then go for it.. the bikes are a bit more of a pain than the cars due to the engine placement.. I run a Brushless ducati and he runs the same bike as well as the nitro ducati and the venom... As far as the venom goes.. its not a bad bike, just smaller and more prone to smaller rocks and uneven pavement... pretty durable out of the box.. I don't think he's had any issues with it.. Not overly fast which is good for new drivers but with a brushless should go pretty fast..

THE BASHER 10-03-2009 07:07 AM

i got say nitro just cuz it smells good

urs856 06-26-2010 11:58 PM

Engage Rc
Hi! do you have a rc nitro bike? if you have one my be you can help me start my NF509. just have it a week ago. i have an electric and my first nitro but not fun at first.
i work in Irvine but lived in Anaheim. thanks.

gingle 09-15-2010 02:51 AM

yeah, totally agree ,.

LewAshby 09-15-2010 10:20 AM

I run electric because of neighbors.

They don't seem to mind the 1:1 motorcycle because it is always leaving - LOL!

r/c_freak 09-25-2010 09:30 PM

I just got into rc bikes, I dont like the tuning of nitro as i live in california where one day its hot, the next its cold. i would need to tune every day, i picked up the kyosho hor as I think its looks cooler while running it as the rider leans into the turns. I have maybe put 2-3 hrs run time on it and while i have improved alot!!! I still need alot of practice. bike cost $170, (craigslist) got alot of extras. I put 90 dollar motor and esc setup, got new gears and gearbox as the stock ones are plastic, i went with aluminum. I had an spectrum rx sitting around that i used, had it on a micro car, so for less than 300 bucks i got a bike that goes really fast, looks cool while riding, and no mess!!!! I love it, nitro bikes are gonna cost you that much just to get started.

Mind you because i wanted certain features i went ahead and put another 200 bucks almost into it http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...ades_smile.gif