Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

New Jato 3.3 BUT what motor should I get ?

Hi guys, My jato will be here on monday ! My jato is going to be used only for street racing, so what motor should I get ?
    I hear that the o.s 18 & o.s 21 motors are good for the jato & they are straight drop ins ! I wanna go a little bit faster then 65mph guys so help me out.. I want more like 70 to 80 mph if I can ?
    Oh I love my Savage !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: New Jato 3.3 BUT what motor should I get ?

It takes alot more than just dropping in an engine. I have the OS .21 TM in mines. But you also have to look at intake, exhaust, gearing, and weight reduction to obtain those kinds of speeds.
    A wise man can play the role of a fool. But a fool can never play the role of a wise man...... This is so true.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

so please can you help me out then. whats a good setup & how fast does your jato go !
    Oh I love my Savage !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I really cant say how fast it is for sure. It did clock 68 when I had my steel spur which I threw away and went back to stock gears cuz it killed my clutch bell. I verified it using the GPS on my phone (a G1) but I dont know how accurate it was. Being that I recently got beat by a Menace I'm gonne start messing with gearing again. Well here is my set up.

1) OS .21TM
    2) MotorSaver Air Filter
    3) RS4 2 Header
    4) Buku Power Muffler (And man is it sick on the this motor)
    5) Futaba Servos
    6) Novak Receiver
    7) RPM Front Bumper
    8) RPM A Arms all the way around
    9) Center Mounted Battery Pack
    10) Integy Steel Spur (GOT RID OF IT)
    11) GH Racing Aluminum Brake Arms
    12) Hot Racing Dual Steel Brakes
    13) Jaco Foam Tires (for the street)
    14) Pro-Line Racing 30 series Badlands tires (for off road)
    15) Dubrough Fuel Filter (dont know if I spelled that right)
    A wise man can play the role of a fool. But a fool can never play the role of a wise man...... This is so true.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OS motors that will fit. .18TM, .21TM. These 2 accept the easy start if you want to use them. The .18TZ is one sick puppy also. That will pretty much drop in as well. You can also drop in the RB 523TM which is a .23 motor or the .26 PICCO MAX EZ START. All these motors are direct replacement drop ins and also accept the EZ- START, but dont need it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Honestly Ihave a jato with the 3.3 and had it radared at 78 mph before Isupercharged it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xv64339.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	1505265   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dy80286.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	1505266  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How much will a full rollcage slow it down?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Darius69

Honestly IĀ*have a jato with the 3.3 and had it radared at 78 mph before IĀ*supercharged it.
    No it doesn't and no you didn't.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: joeseif

Honestly IĀ*have a jato with the 3.3 and had it radared at 78 mph before IĀ*supercharged it.
    No it doesn't and no you didn't.
    I recently acquired a Jato 2.5 and Rustler 2.5 both rollers (junk engines) and in the box of spare parts... I find a RB Innov. supercharger. I know for a fact they do nothing for a 2-cycle engine, and to cure my own curiosity, I took the supercharger apart. I laugh at every person that says a supercharger works on a 2-stroke nitro engine.. I laughed harder when I saw what was inside this thing. I don't have all of the intake tubes for it, but I don't care. I will never use it because its a proven fact they don't work. I may put it up for sale on E-bay - some poor idiot will buy it and use it.

For those that want to argue that they work: The way super/turbochargers work is by pressurizing the incoming air/fuel mixture and forcing more of it into the combustion chamber. The only way to achieve this is by sealing the Exhaust port on the intake stroke (ie: an exhaust valve). Not possible on a 2-stroke nitro engine.

I saw a nitro rustler with a 3.3 engine clocked at 76MPH on a radar gun, and it did NOT have a supercharger, either.
    GlowHead Brotherhood #3
    Using Dynamite, Enya, Fox, Jett, K&B, SH, Super Tigre, Thunder Tiger, and Traxxas engines.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

LOL

Honestly Darius69 get it together....if your going to post crap don't post at all.
    If your going to make up crap as you go.....make sure you get it together......

On the subject "93.1 MPH jato. Anyone have any info" you posted on Sept/24, 2010 at 7:24 you had a Jato that does 98MPH

On this subject "New Jato 3.3 what motor should I get" on the same day at 7:26 you said you had a Jato that does 78mph before supercharged.

I personally don't even think you have a Jato never mind those crazy speeds...plus a 20MPH increase with a supercharger that don't even work with a 2 stroke engine and everyone knows that.

Please get it together and stop posting crap.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Uncle Vinnie

Honestly Darius69 get it together....if your going to post crap don't post at all.
    If your going to make up crap as you go.....make sure you get it together......

On the subject ''93.1 MPH jato. Anyone have any info'' you posted on Sept/24, 2010 at 7:24 you had a Jato that does 98MPH

On this subject ''New Jato 3.3 what motor should I get'' on the same day at 7:26 you said you had a Jato that does 78mph before supercharged.

I personally don't even think you have a Jato never mind those crazy speeds...plus a 20MPH increase with a supercharger that don't even work with a 2 stroke engine and everyone knows that.

Please get it together and stop posting crap.

Hey! On the bright side, it gave me a good laugh for a minute or two! LoL... Sshhhh.. don't tell anyone, but I have a LST2 with a Mach 427 that'll do 65mph.. NOT.. lol.. more like 45.. (on a good day)
    GlowHead Brotherhood #3
    Using Dynamite, Enya, Fox, Jett, K&B, SH, Super Tigre, Thunder Tiger, and Traxxas engines.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i have a os 21tm with jaco tires does your jato hook up cause mine dont i have both the soft and hard jaco tires and im sliding all up and down the road
    ORIGINAL: quietnas1

I really cant say how fast it is for sure. It did clock 68 when I had my steel spur which I threw away and went back to stock gears cuz it killed my clutch bell. I verified it using the GPS on my phone (a G1) but I dont know how accurate it was. Being that I recently got beat by a Menace I'm gonne start messing with gearing again. Well here is my set up.

1) OS .21TM
    2) MotorSaver Air Filter
    3) RS4 2 Header
    4) Buku Power Muffler (And man is it sick on the this motor)
    5) Futaba Servos
    6) Novak Receiver
    7) RPM Front Bumper
    8) RPM A Arms all the way around
    9) Center Mounted Battery Pack
    10) Integy Steel Spur (GOT RID OF IT)
    11) GH Racing Aluminum Brake Arms
    12) Hot Racing Dual Steel Brakes
    13) Jaco Foam Tires (for the street)
    14) Pro-Line Racing 30 series Badlands tires (for off road)
    15) Dubrough Fuel Filter (dont know if I spelled that right)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Honestly Ihave a jato with the 3.3 and had it radared at 78 mph before Isupercharged it.
    first of all your full of **** just about everybody on this forum owns a jato your not fooling anybody and second dont get a supercharger for your nitro engine it will destroy it fast and it doesnt make it that much faster you can get more speed from switching your gears then using a supercharger

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i would go with the os 21tm i just got my broken in today and its alot faster then the 3.3 os engines are very reliable and the 21tm is easy to tune but the only problem is traction i tried 3 different tires and none of them hook up the 21tm has too much power just use stock anaconda tires and revo gears 20T clutch bell and 36T spur gear those gears made my jato have alot more top end

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My Jaco Foams hook up great. Ask joeseif he has seen my Jato in action. One thing I have noticed. If you run on asphalt or cement they hook up amazingly well. If you run in a parking lot with a fresh black top you will be slipping and sliding all over the place.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My Jaco Foams hook up great. Ask joeseif he has seen my Jato in action. One thing I have noticed. If you run on asphalt or cement they hook up amazingly well. If you run in a parking lot with a fresh black top you will be slipping and sliding all over the place.
    i have jaco foam tires i have the soft and hard ones and they both dont hook up for me on my road or drive way when i floor it the car spins around and slides

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just change your gearing first. If you're not satisfied, drop a .28 in there. You'll be flying. Good luck with the tranny though.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: cbeck611

i have jaco foam tires i have the soft and hard ones and they both dont hook up for me on my road or drive way when i floor it the car spins around and slides
    Man dont know what to tell you. Mines hook up great. Can you post a video?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: cbeck611

Man dont know what to tell you. Mines hook up great. Can you post a video?
    yea im going to make a video soon and put it up on youtube then ill post the link on here

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey fellaz which jaco foams for the jato is there a part num???

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: pimpala50

hey fellaz which jaco foams for the jato is there a part num???
    go to amainhobbies.com on the search bar in the left side of the page type jaco foam tires or heres a link

https://www.amainhobbies.com/advance...+tires&x=7&y=9