Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

xxx-nt How to Tighten Diff

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 11:34 PM
01silverado

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default xxx-nt How to Tighten Diff

Im new to the RCcar stuff. Ihave a Losi XXX-NT. I bought used, got it running and drove it for about 15min. Now it just revs and does not move. The engine gear is moving the spur gear, and the nut on the clutch turns as well. Per the manual, it looks like my diff is loose. Ican not figure out how to tighten it.Thanks for the help

From Manual: This may be a little complicated at first. If you do this as you read this tip, the procedure should beVERY difficult to turn the left rear tire. If it turns easily, the diff is too loose. Tighten it by lining up theslowly turn the left rear tire

ADJUSTING THE DIFFERENTIAL.

fairly simple. Tighten the slipper nut all the way down. Now, with the wheels installed, and the tires glued in place, hold the right rear tire in your

right hand. While holding the tire, place your index finger and thumb over the spur gear. Now try to turn the left rear tire while holding the right

rear tire and the spur gear. It should be

slot in the diff screw with the slot in the outdrive and placing the small Allen wrench through both slots. Now

clockwise about 1/8 turn. As long as the diff screw was held in place with the Allen wrench, you have just tightened your diff

Old 09-21-2010, 07:51 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: xxx-nt How to Tighten Diff

I cant remember which side the adjustment for the diff is on... but lets just say its on the right. Pop the right rear turnbuckle off, Now tilt the wheel down and remove the dogbone/CVD. The outdrive is thing coming out the side of the transmission, insert a 1.5mm (I think) allen into it as far as it goes. You should feel it grab a little screw. Hold the left rear tire and the spur gear. Now tighten the screw in small increments. If you don't see an allen screw in the outdrive, check the left side.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:28 PM
01silverado

Itook the axles out to look inside. The left side has a Flat Head Screw in it. The right side has a plastic bushing. When removed there is a nut. The bushing is a hex on the inside so that it grabs the nut. Do Itighten theFlat head?Pics attached. thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80744.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	1505146   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf12035.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	1505147  
Old 09-21-2010, 11:24 PM
crispyspa

yes. tighten the flathead screw.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:11 PM
1nitrohead
My Feedback: (1)

OK dont need to remove anything to tighten diff ( although tightening slipper with tire on is awkward ... but learn) take small screw driver from above and slide into outdrive on right side (passenger side) slowly turn left rear tire till you feel screw driver slip into slot. Hold driver securely in slot and turn left rear tire rotating it clockwise to tighten. Remember slipper must slip before diff. If diff is too loose it will melt diff gear. Use losi stealth diff lube only on diff balls. If gritty it needs cleaned or rebuilt. This part is critical to life and peformance, may want to seek out some one who is familiar with the xxxnt diff ( specificly) for proper balance of slipper and diff ... haha look for the oldest nitro "racer" you can find he prob had one ... LOL yes I resemble that remark

The screw should be on right side of diff next to slipper

proanti1 you described the diff for an AE FT GT