Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: NITROS SUCK BAD!! WOW, REALLY BAD!!!

i can see how you can get tired of tuning if your not a person that doesnt like tinkering with engines but there is no reason to say nitro sucks. i have 3 nitros and a brushless slash and i have alot of money in my slash from motors getting fried and esc's not working properly and never had a day where a nitro doesnt wanna run. i do live in a area where humidity and weather is not consistent and having to re tune alot but the thing i cant get over about electric is i cant run constintly and have to wait a hour to charge one battery while my nitros i just run til im all out of gas. also why did you post this in nitro stadium truck why not post this in the electric forum.
    Put that hammer down and give her hell.
    3.3 Firestorm, a battle worn slash, losi xxx-t

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

IMHO, this guy just wanted to start a flame war. I kinda see this thread as a means of venting one's nitro frustration which I think was unnecessary. I know some people have gone from nitro to electric, because they couldn't tune and they knew it. Others, like me, love nitros and wont run an electric. I can tune an engine, and rarely have to wrench on them much. (My airboat being an exception since it was hand built and needs tweaking. I had an electric rustler for almost a year, and I ran it twice in my basement to chase the cats. Not any fun for me running it outside.

On a full Rx pack charge and a gallon of fuel, I can run for 2 or 3 days and the only downtime I suffer is refueling the truck, or myself. (lol)
    GlowHead Brotherhood #3
    Using Dynamite, Enya, Fox, Jett, K&B, SH, Super Tigre, Thunder Tiger, and Traxxas engines.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The way I look at it is,is when you drive an electric, and you take of the body, all you see is a space in the middle of the chassis with a battery in it, and ESC near it, a steering servo and an RX. And then a motor in the back. But, when you're driving a nitro and you take off the body, you are looking at a very cool, unique, and awesome piece of engineering that many years ago wan't even imaginable. A small, tiny little engine, powered by some powerful fuel, put into a small chassis, and controlled by a remote in your hand. An engine that functions like one in your car but much smaller and runs more powerfully. That's the way i look at it.
    Traxxas Jato 3.3,Traxxas Stampede VXL,Traxxas 1/16 E-Revo VXL,Traxxas S-Maxx 2.5,Traxxas Nitro Rustler .15,Team Losi Micro-T

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Someone is trolling I think....I'm sure we'll see you around the forum bad mouthing brand x batteries for being defective or how your new esc just blew up for no reason and is a piece of garbage.

Bottom line....you're whining about nitro now, you'll be whinning about the electric stuff next.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Notice how the OP has not come back to comment. This was meant to start a flame war and it has stayed very civil. Electrics have their place but its just not for me. I like tinkering eventhough I really dont do much. I have had my Jato since 2007. Only time something major happened was about a year after I had it that it got run over by a real car. Plus the Jato stays pretty clean being that I run it on the street about 95% of the time.

My Savage I have had since last Christmas. Went to bullet proof diffs and have never had an issue again.

My RC10GT since 1994. Undergoing restoration now. In the 16 yrs that I have had it, its only been threw 3 engines by choice not really cuz I had to. 1st was a .12 CVR- X, then the .15, and finally the .18. they all tuned and performed great.

Nitro for me is the way to go. Love to modify, love trying different set ups, love tinkering. To me its not really a hobby if you just plug and play. Thats Toys R Us stuff.
    A wise man can play the role of a fool. But a fool can never play the role of a wise man...... This is so true.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: quietnas1

Notice how the OP has not come back to comment. This was meant to start a flame war and it has stayed very civil. Electrics have their place but its just not for me. I like tinkering eventhough I really dont do much. I have had my Jato since 2007. Only time something major happened was about a year after I had it that it got run over by a real car. Plus the Jato stays pretty clean being that I run it on the street about 95% of the time.

My Savage I have had since last Christmas. Went to bullet proof diffs and have never had an issue again.

My RC10GT since 1994. Undergoing restoration now. In the 16 yrs that I have had it, its only been threw 3 engines by choice not really cuz I had to. 1st was a .12 CVR- X, then the .15, and finally the .18. they all tuned and performed great.

Nitro for me is the way to go. Love to modify, love trying different set ups, love tinkering. To me its not really a hobby if you just plug and play. Thats Toys R Us stuff.
    Couldn't say it better myself, you're right, it's not really a hobby if it's Plug N Play.
    Traxxas Jato 3.3,Traxxas Stampede VXL,Traxxas 1/16 E-Revo VXL,Traxxas S-Maxx 2.5,Traxxas Nitro Rustler .15,Team Losi Micro-T

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: topdogg11

I am so glad for electric brushless motor technology and availability so that my days of REEKINGΒ*of nitro and exhaust and every other nasty odor is OVER!!Β* The nonstop tuning, tweaking, rebuilding, exhaust noice, fuel, carbon, stink and filth everywhere are OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img][/img]

Even a better reason is that brushless SPANKS nitro in power, speed, torque, and fun HANDSΒ*DOWN!!!Β* For anyone too stubborn to make the change, I feel sorry for you!!Β* For those who are just not aware of brushless power, cleanliness, reliability, maintenance-free, instant-light-switch-torque-biggest-grin-in-the-world-, dominate-and-embaress-the-nitro-guys-every-time characteristics of brushless, well all I got to say is TRYΒ*ONEΒ*OUT!!Β* I did and I will NEVER touch my nitros ever again.Β* I looked on craigslist to sell my nitros but noticed literally 10-12 nitro RC's up for sale EVERYΒ*SINGLEΒ*DAY in my area and other areas for the past week.Β* EVERYONE is selling them, and I can NOW see why.Β* THE NITROS SUCKΒ*BAD!!!!Β* They are ONΒ*THEΒ*WAYΒ*OUT, WOO-HOO!!!

HOORAYΒ*FORΒ*BRUSHLESS, HOORAY!!!!!!

WOO-HOO, BYE-BYEΒ*FILTHY, GUTLESS NITRO!!!!!!!!
    Not worth my time. You can not teach kids like this. As you see, he already knows it all. He has 7 posts and has been a member for about 3 weeks. I started RC at about 1995 running boats planes and cars, and i would never make statmentes like this. Im sure the number after his name is his age.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

YEA! electrics are really great especially when you puff a 90.00 battery, or when you need an hour to charge, I just refill the tank and go!!!
    RED RIGHT RETURN!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Stick your hand in the prop of a glow powered model, the engine dies. Sure, you are going to hurt for some time, but it dies. Electric keeps on trying to cut you up. An electric only needs a short to start up, and get out of control. Very hard to do that with glow!
    "Any landing you can walk away from probably wasn't that exciting to watch"
    Sig Kadet Brotherhood #8

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you have no or limited mechanic ability then stay away from nitro,s but for us guys that like
    getting in there and figuring out why this puppy isn,t well and and smile like a cat shi#### razor blades
    when she comes to life nitro is the way to go. Never cared to much for electric stuff. Kind of dull
    never really was a challenge for me . Throw in some batteries and go kind of like driving a flashlight.
    But to each his own just keeo havin fun.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What I would expect from a girly New Yorker(city). Nitro and castor forever,Love the noise and the smell of nitro and castor oil burning in the morning.
    Mike Burg

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ive had both, i like my electric pan car, we run them indoors during the winter. and on that one, rarely any mess. just carpet fuzz lol.
    i also prefer electric in helis, mainly because i cant fly a colective pitch heli yet.

but for everything else, my planes, my boats, my trucks, touring cars, buggys, i prefer the nitros.
    doenst expecting the unexpected, make the unexpected expected?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: toolmaker7341

What I would expect from a girly New Yorker(city). Nitro and castor forever,Love the noise and the smell of nitro and castor oil burning in the morning.
    i live in fresno now but grew up in N.Y. so please be carful with the shots at new yorkers.
    this guy could live any where and still be pansy.
    everything can go faster!!!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Doesnt matter where you live...idiocy is plagued across the nation....and globe for that matter
    Savage FLM ext X LRP .30 Mid Tanked 250cc
    Revo New Era BB Conversion, awaiting Mill
    Brushless Thunder Tiger ST-1 150A on 5s

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Shenanigans

Doesnt matter where you live...idiocy is plagued across the nation....and globe for that matter
    true, so true

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey uncle vinnie truer words have never been spoken.I am like you a fly electric for gym flying in the winter months.Nitro is #1 as far as i am concerned.The smell the noise it's awesome.Electric can't even compete.You find with some of these electric guy's can't handle anything that has a bit of work to it.If they new how to tune an engine properly they would probably switch over in a minute.
    Norm

happy flyin keep smilin

THERE\'\'\'\'S NO LIFE LIKE IT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mechanical ability has nothing to do with TopDoggs choice to sell off the dirty, air-pollutting, obnoxious-sounding, slow, torqueless, Nitro RC's. Thats SILLY to even assume when I had discussed the reasons for my change of heart for Nitros.

And if someone here has a low post count, how does that represent or prove a persons experiance or knowledge??????? Thats another SILLY assumption!!

Those that mentioned the post count "factor", must think that life revolves SOLELY upon online forums and and that nothing else in life matters!! LOL!!!!!!

When you such folks (who mentioned post count) meet new people, do you introduce yourself and then immediantly brag, IAMABIG-TIMEPOSTERON THERCUNIVERSEFORUMS!!! IAMCOOLANDSMART 'CAUSEIHAVELOTSOFPOSTS ONRCUNIVERSE!!!

LOL, ROTFLMAO!!!

TopDogg has rebuilt several 2-stroke dirt bikes and ATV's as well as milling cyl heads (increases compression), boring cylinders, (increases displacement) and many more things. And that was while I was still in high school many years ago. Mechanic ability has nothing to do.

SIGH.
    HAHA, I ENJOY MY NEIGHBORS WIRELESS INTERNET SIGNAL, FAST AND FREE, WHOO-HOO. HAHAHA

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I don't like electric for the same reason I don't like watching sports or action films on mute.

Definitely pulls RC more in the direction of "toys", and away from "hobby" afaic...
    Nitro > stamp collecting, watching grass grow, cleaning room, etc.. > electric.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

not that i disagree with the whole the whole post count, cuz i know a couple of guys that don't use the internet period and they are way more knowledgable than 90% of the people on this forrum.
    however you stating this little tidbit :

"TopDogg has rebuilt several 2-stroke dirt bikes and ATV's as well as milling cyl heads (increases compression), boring clylinders, (increases displacement) and many more things. And that was while I was still in high school many years ago. So that assumption is also RIDICULOUS!! "

you just put yourself right in with the rest of the people about who posts more, except you put a different spin on it.
    you say you did all this in high school and now you expect everyone to beleive it, no one knows you and this could very well be a giant load of crap for all we know.
    but i guess as long as you beleive you are all that, then more power to ya.
    you like electric, and i'm gonna go out on a limb here and say cuz you really don't like the clean up and smell, but what do you do when you have to deal with diff grease/lube or when you run your little daisy in the dirt and you have to clean it?
    i bet you break down and cry cuz NOW you have to get your dainty little pitties DIRTY!
    aw, it's ok we all understand.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

I don't like electric for the same reason I don't like watching sports or action films on mute.

Definitely pulls RC more in the direction of ''toys'', and away from ''hobby'' afaic...
    lol my electrics are about on par with my nitros in the noise category. Only difference is the nitros a cool sounding engine rev sound, and the electrics is a high pitched whine from the metal gears slapping each other. My one BL setup I can easily hear from 200 feet away
    But most my BL RC's were nitros at one point [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

Agree with bigdogkanicsar
    I can say I was the star quarterback on my high schools football team and banged all the cheerleaders left and right.
    So with that statement how can you prove me wrong? So basically we only have your word on it. And most of what you complain about with nitro engines is what you would have to deal with working on 2 stroke engines.

Side note the highschool thing was a complete pile of BS. I was an advanced electronic shop/computer lab nerd. Just used it as an example of story telling
    With great speed comes greater repair bills.
    Click on My models to see some of what I own. Eventually will add the rest

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'll admit.. Elos can be FAST.. Was at a track recently and a guy was there with his Mugen 6T converted, and it was mental fast... (though I just found it odd.. He showed up, ran a few laps.., seemed kind of bored, and went home... And that's what I mean.. It's somehow too easy.. Something is missing.. There's something wrong about a $1200 plug and play toy truck.. People like him probably won't be in the hobby very long...)

Still, I just can't get into it.. I even just sold my Mini E-revo brushless.. For me I don't care how fast they are.. The motor-sport angle and the screaming high RPM's just count too much for me..

But yeah, I can respect where you're coming from.. - because you're civil about it..

The trash-talkers though.., whatever they run.., are just annoying..
    Nitro > stamp collecting, watching grass grow, cleaning room, etc.. > electric.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

I'll admit.. Elos can be FAST.. Was at a track recently and a guy was there with his Mugen 6T converted, and it was mental fast... (though I just found it odd.. He showed up, ran a few laps.., seemed kind of bored, and went home... And that's what I mean.. It's somehow too easy.. Something is missing.. There's something wrong about a $1200 plug and play toy truck.. People like him probably won't be in the hobby very long...)

Still, I just can't get into it.. I even just sold my Mini E-revo brushless.. For me I don't care how fast they are.. The motor-sport angle and the screaming high RPM's just count too much for me..

But yeah, I can respect where you're coming from.. - because you're civil about it..

The trash-talkers though.., whatever they run.., are just annoying..
    i agree with this except the toy thing.
    i'm not big on electrics at all but "toys" are from toys'r'us or walmart.
    i'm 38 and too old for toys although i do get out the legos every once in a while. LOL
    an electric challenge would be to me to take a brushless motor and inducted fan and make a touring car still LOOK like a touring car but seriously haul *****, but see now i turned it into a preject so i had something to do.
    yeah electrics are just too simple.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bigdogkanicsar
    i'm not big on electrics at all but ''toys'' are from toys'r'us or walmart.
    Uhh ohh lookie what toys r us carries http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3856595
    the traxxas fanboys will skewer you alive for that comment

But ya Will say electric to me get kinda boring once the gearing is figured out. Only 3 I really have fun with are my converted Jammin X1 CRT, Converted Savage .21, and Tamiya DF-02, others are kinda blah, and lose out to those 3. VS the 3 nitros I have and like each one. Only wish the weather was better during the summer (like last year) cause I don't think I got through a quarter of a gallon of nitro this year, the weather went from being it raining so much that it looked like a swamp to where I was having issues breathing outside it from it being so humid, and hot (side note I didn't even run the elecs out seeing it was too hot for them even)

And with winter well on its way (along with extremely loopy weather) its been jumping from 80 to 40 back to 80 so I can't even plan when to go out now...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

Uhh ohh lookie what toys r us carries http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3856595

But ya Will say electric to me get kinda boring once the gearing is figured out. Only 3 I really have fun with are my converted Jammin X1 CRT, Converted Savage .21, and Tamiya DF-02, others are kinda blah, and lose out to those 3. VS the 3 nitros I have and like each one. Only wish the weather was better during the summer (like last year) cause I don't think I got through a quarter of a gallon of nitro this year, the weather went from being it raining so much that it looked like a swamp to where I was having issues breathing outside it from it being so humid, and hot (side note I didn't even run the elecs out seeing it was too hot for them even)

And with winter well on its way (along with extremely loopy weather) its been jumping from 80 to 40 back to 80 so I can't even plan when to go out now...
    LOL, that must be online only cuz when i go there shoppin for the kids i didn't see those.
    but if toys'r'us is selling the rustler, what does that say about traxxas? hmmmm!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

LOL, that must be online only cuz when i go there shoppin for the kids i didn't see those.
    but if toys'r'us is selling the rustler, what does that say about traxxas? hmmmm!
    might be certain locations too.
    Well target was selling a damn good knockoff tamiya DF-02 for $99(hear it was discounted to $70). I got one for winter snow bashing Its electronics blew though(ESC and radio were sub par). So hobby grade RC's are slowly creeping into retail markets. But supposedly not every target carried them.

Hell pepboys also carries traxxas. Traxxas just has a damn good marketing campaign, and will peddel their gear where ever possible to reach out to people that never saw it before. Where alot of the other brands are content just having their wares siting in a hobby shop which will see 1/10000th of the traffic the places traxxas sells their stuff.

Still I'm waiting for the day I can buy a Savage, gallon of nitro, some groceries, and toilet paper from the same store

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast