Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

NITROS SUCK BAD!! WOW, REALLY BAD!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

NITROS SUCK BAD!! WOW, REALLY BAD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 03:42 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NITROS SUCK BAD!! WOW, REALLY BAD!!!

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

Still I'm waiting for the day I can buy a Savage, gallon of nitro, some groceries, and toilet paper from the same store
Amen to that.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:39 PM
bigdogkanicsar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hell pepboys also carries traxxas. Traxxas just has a damn good marketing campaign, and will peddel their gear where ever possible to reach out to people that never saw it before. Where alot of the other brands are content just having their wares siting in a hobby shop which will see 1/10000th of the traffic the places traxxas sells their stuff.

Still I'm waiting for the day I can buy a Savage, gallon of nitro, some groceries, and toilet paper from the same store
one day my friend and it will be in our lifetime, cuz the further out they reach the more money they make.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:52 PM
bigdogkanicsar

all this makes me think of back in the day when i was like 15 or so and i used frequent the local hobby shop( in like 1987 ).
i would go in and take a look around( cuz at the time just never had the cash required for the stuff i have now )and drool a little.
the guy runnin the shop was kind of a grouchy guy and watched every move i made and i'm sure thinking i was going to steal something. truth be told ,that never entered my mind.
that shop has since closed down.

shortly after i was in micheals arts and crafts and roaming around and noticed they had an entire RC car section with it's own little counter and everything. i was like WOW.

then that disappeared.

with the price matching and online shopping going on now the hobby shops just don't pull in the profits like they used to and quickly seeing a lot of shops closing down except like hobby town.
economy is suckin right now and if they start selling RC's in retail stores like the local grociery store it will be becuase they can afford to let it sit there for long periods of time and not have it hurt there profits.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:07 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: bigdogkanicsar

all this makes me think of back in the day when i was like 15 or so and i used frequent the local hobby shop( in like 1987 ).
i would go in and take a look around( cuz at the time just never had the cash required for the stuff i have now )and drool a little.
the guy runnin the shop was kind of a grouchy guy and watched every move i made and i'm sure thinking i was going to steal something. truth be told ,that never entered my mind.

shortly after i was in micheals arts and crafts and roaming around and noticed they had an entire RC car section with it's own little counter and everything. i was like WOW.

then that disappeared.

with the price matching and online shopping going on now the hobby shops just don't pull in the profits like they used to and quickly seeing a lot of shops closing down except like hobby town.
economy is suckin right now and if they start selling RC's in retail stores like the local grociery store it will be becuase they can afford to let it sit there for long periods of time and not have it hurt there profits.
true
One thing not helping hobby shops is the "We can order it and it will be here in 3-5 days" line...
I do realize they cannot stock every part for every RC out there but at least carry parts for what you sell...
Like the hobby shop I go to they are usually pretty good with some stuff (like savages, slash's, some xl-5 parts, and bodies (they have a insane amount of bodies)) but I so dread hearing that line... Specially when I have to drive 30 miles to get there, and call up prior to make sure they have one only to walk in and find out they didn't... Where I live cost to drive there and tax added together is generally less than shipping (another thing hurting them).
Old 10-08-2010, 06:28 PM
cooldriver385

There's this one shop I go to that has like EVERYTHING. Never have I had to go and actually wait for a part to come in.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:40 PM
cooldriver385

TopDogg has rebuilt several 2-stroke dirt bikes and ATV's as well as milling cyl heads (increases compression), boring cylinders, (increases displacement) and many more things. And that was while I was still in high school many years ago. Mechanic ability has nothing to do.

SIGH.
Hmm. Hey little guy I race motocross. It's not all that hard to rebuild a 450F engine's top end. Just gotta do a little more work than the good ol' 2-smokers.

Mechanical ability has nothing to do with TopDoggs choice to sell off the dirty, air-pollutting, obnoxious-sounding, slow, torqueless, Nitro RC's. Thats SILLY to even assume when I had discussed the reasons for my change of heart for Nitros.
Everything you drive off-road is going to get dirty. Air-polluting? These little engines don't pump out a whole lot of exhaust. Obnoxious-sounding? I think you need to get your hearing checked, these things are quite a pleasure to the ears of a normal human being. Slow? You need to put quite alot of money into an electric to get it to the speed of let's say a stock Jato 3.3 with a nice tune. Torque-less? I've seen some TRX 3.3's flip trucks over or put 'em into wheelies at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle pushed to full. Even then, I KNOW there's WAY faster engines than the TRX 3.3 such as O.S. or Picco or something from Italy like Novarossi engines. Or maybe even those ClockWork engines?

Do you even own RC models? Or are you just trying to make an account and read a little bit of information on the hobby then start a bashing thread?
Old 10-08-2010, 06:45 PM
bigdogkanicsar

there are exceptional hobby shops occasionally here and there but unfortunately not everywhere.
for example if i decide to take the hour drive down south to visalia, ca. there is a hobby shop there that has a ton of off the wall items that you won't find anywhere else.
or i could drive 2 1/2 hours to sacramento and they have everything up there but fresno is a farm town in comparison to some others.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:25 AM
rctech2k7
My Feedback: (1)

Of course on what ever plane that makes you happy, I like both of them... They have both advantage and disadvantages over each other, like that fact that electric has lesser vibration and easier to manage if you have right knowledge on it but same thing with nitro engines having scale sound is better advantage for me over the other. Depending on your application, although it's pain sometimes but it's worth after that. Having ready for another flight by refilling fuel saves a lot of charging time unless you spend for extra battery pack. It's good that you like electric because now a days electrics are becoming universal, only time for charging, safety awareness of high power Lipos and scale performance...
Old 10-09-2010, 08:56 AM
xDIRTYSOUTHx

ORIGINAL: topdogg11

REEKINGof nitro and exhaust and every other nasty odor is OVER!!
Sounds like that 9yo kid at the track the other day " IHATETHISTHINGDAD! ICANTGETITTOWORK! IHATENITRO!".

Nitro + little girls don't mix

Scented nitro additive that my wife loves:
Nitro Speed Scent: Gonzo Grape

TopDogg has rebuilt several 2-stroke dirt bikes and ATV's as well as milling cyl heads (increases compression), boring cylinders, (increases displacement) and many more things. And that was while I was still in high school many years ago. Mechanic ability has nothing to do.
Speaking of yourself in third person = weaksauce.. kinda gay bro

Old 10-09-2010, 09:01 AM
xDIRTYSOUTHx

*edit*
Old 10-10-2010, 03:05 PM
quietnas1

How about this air polluting thing you talk about. Nitromethane burns way cleaner than regular gasoline.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:06 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: xDIRTYSOUTHx

REEKING of nitro and exhaust and every other nasty odor is OVER!!
Sounds like that 9yo kid at the track the other day '' I HATE THIS THING DAD! I CANT GET IT TO WORK! I HATE NITRO!''. [img][/img]

LOL saw that stuff at my LHS
I asked the clerks about it jokingly. He said he felt emasculated having to drive a RC that smelled like cotton candy, he also told me they are forced to try every product at least once to work there, so they can give recommendations, which is the only reason he tried it.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:53 PM
xDIRTYSOUTHx

LOL saw that stuff at my LHS
I asked the clerks about it jokingly. He said he felt emasculated having to drive a RC that smelled like cotton candy, he also told me they are forced to try every product at least once to work there, so they can give recommendations, which is the only reason he tried it.
Yeah we went to the LHS few months ago and the ONLY thing my lady was interested in was the scented nitro additives. *sigh*

Old 10-10-2010, 07:23 PM
bigdogkanicsar

i like it just fine the way it smells now.SSSNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFF!!
wait a second, wrong memory!
no ,yeah i think it smells fine.LOL
Old 10-10-2010, 07:54 PM
koolkrabber47
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: SAVAGE007

BATTERIES ARE FOR FLASHLIGHTS

Now that's "FREEEEEEAAAAAKKKKIIIIINNNNN" FUNNY.........
Old 10-10-2010, 07:58 PM
koolkrabber47

ORIGINAL: xDIRTYSOUTHx

REEKING of nitro and exhaust and every other nasty odor is OVER!!
Sounds like that 9yo kid at the track the other day '' I HATE THIS THING DAD! I CANT GET IT TO WORK! I HATE NITRO!''. [img][/img]

Funnyu........Funny........Funny........You guyz r takin' this guy apart man.......NITRO LIVES..........

Speaking of yourself in third person = weaksauce.. kinda gay bro

Old 10-10-2010, 08:08 PM
koolkrabber47

then that disappeared.

When you were 15???......In 1987???......I graduated in 1979,Bro'..........Ha! Ha! Ha!, BDK.......Your makin' me feel old......Ha! Ha! ha!........Older than NITRO.......That's pretty "old".........KOOLKRABBER47.........
Old 10-10-2010, 08:34 PM
cooldriver385

My God, now I know why some of the guys on here have like literally 20-50 RC's. I'm only 14 so a new RC is quite a special day.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:56 PM
bigdogkanicsar

ORIGINAL: koolkrabber47

then that disappeared.

When you were 15???......In 1987???......I graduated in 1979,Bro'..........Ha! Ha! Ha!, BDK.......Your makin' me feel old......Ha! Ha! ha!........Older than NITRO.......That's pretty ''old''.........KOOLKRABBER47.........
in "78" my uncle gave me a tether car with a cox .049 enige in it, i ws only 6 at the time.
i didn't know the first thing about them but at the age of 11 i finaly got someone to show me how to make them run and still didn't realize that you had to run them on a string, so i got her goin and set her down and gone ,hit a curb and history.
so you were born around "61" that aint that old you're just hittin your prime and i have just started the climb
Old 10-12-2010, 10:31 PM
1nitrohead
My Feedback: (1)

[/quote]in ''78'' my uncle gave me a tether car with a cox .049 enige in it, i ws only 6 at the time.
i didn't know the first thing about them but at the age of 11 i finaly got someone to show me how to make them run and still didn't realize that you had to run them on a string, so i got her goin and set her down and gone ,hit a curb and history.
so you were born around ''61'' that aint that old you're just hittin your prime and i have just started the climb
[/quote]

WOW!!!! exactly me too except I got mine in late 60's
Old 10-12-2010, 10:35 PM
bigdogkanicsar

ORIGINAL: 1nitrohead

in ''78'' my uncle gave me a tether car with a cox .049 enige in it, i ws only 6 at the time.
so you were born around ''61'' that aint that old you're just hittin your prime and i have just started the climb
[/quote]

WOW!!!! exactly me too except I got mine in late 60's
[/quote]
too funny!
wish i still had it
Old 10-13-2010, 05:22 AM
cooldriver385

Anyone notice we've drifted away from arguing with the little kid? And it looks like he has left for good now knowing that he was proven terribly wrong
Old 10-19-2010, 04:28 AM
sandal82

spanked that battery powered piece of crap.... really made my day.. specially on a thread trying to bash nitros.. batteries have more power? lol.. maybe for 5 min.. if that
Old 10-20-2010, 03:36 AM
boraboyntc3

I am so glad for electric brushless motor technology and availability so that my days of REEKINGof nitro and exhaust and every other nasty odor is OVER!! The nonstop tuning, tweaking, rebuilding, exhaust noice, fuel, carbon, stink and filth everywhere are OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even a better reason is that brushless SPANKS nitro in power, speed, torque, and fun HANDSDOWN!!! For anyone too stubborn to make the change, I feel sorry for you!! For those who are just not aware of brushless power, cleanliness, reliability, maintenance-free, instant-light-switch-torque-biggest-grin-in-the-world-, dominate-and-embaress-the-nitro-guys-every-time characteristics of brushless, well all I got to say is TRYONEOUT!! I did and I will NEVER touch my nitros ever again. I looked on craigslist to sell my nitros but noticed literally 10-12 nitro RC's up for sale EVERYSINGLEDAY in my area and other areas for the past week. EVERYONE is selling them, and I can NOW see why. THE NITROS SUCKBAD!!!! They are ONTHEWAYOUT, WOO-HOO!!!

HOORAYFORBRUSHLESS, HOORAY!!!!!!

WOO-HOO, BYE-BYEFILTHY, GUTLESS NITRO!!!!!!!!

you rigth!!!! nitro is a machine, is made formans who loves little machines, electric is just a toy, no odor, no noise,no tuning problems, no rebuilding, just a toy.....
Old 10-20-2010, 08:14 AM
quietnas1

The more I read this the sillier it becomes. The OP mebtions "NO LONGER REEKING OF NITRO, EXAUHST, AND OTHER ODERS". I never come home REEKING of Nitro. I mean dam bro, do you bathe in nitro? And then you mention other NASTY odors. Please elaborate I would love to know what other oders besides burning nitro you are talking about.

Then there is the constant tuning, tweaking, rebuilding, fuel, carbon, and nasty filth.lets disect this shall we. Lets start with 1) constant tuning. Begining of this year had both my Jato and Savage running real nice. January to about April didn,t touch the tuning needles. About end of April richened both up for the hot weather here in Florida. Again haven,t touched the needles until last Sunday. Weather is getting a little cooler so I leaned both out a quarter turn. Wow that is so much tuning my God. Ok 2) Tweaking. None of my cars really need tweaking. All nuts and bolts are in their place and don,t come loose. 3) Rebuilding. Um rebuild what. I rarely do complete tear downs. Only time I rebuilt was when my Jato got run over by a real car. For cleaning I use Nitro Cleaner and Soap and Water. 4) Fuel. Of course its Nitro idiot. 5) Carbon? Have you read up on NitroMethane? Extremely clean burning fuel. Cleaner than gas, deisel, and ethanol. And it is very efficient as well using slightly over 60% of the fuel for energy. 6) Nasty filth? My Jato being that it is mainly a street car doesn't really get dirty. Jato gets cleaned about once every 3 or 4 months. The filter every month. The Savage well. That bad boy gets cleaned alot because of how I drive it. Dirt, mud, puddles, sand, and grass. Even if I had a Savage Flux it would need constant cleaning due to the way I drive it. Nuff said.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.